Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

has anyone that has been to games in cardiff before and stayed in Newport. Whats it like getting to and from Cardiff?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I have ,the train is handy enough to Newport as long as you don't want to go back to Newport straight after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aileen13

Hi folks, I got tickets to the Ireland V Romania game in Cardiff on Saturday 19th Sept. I've left it a bit late to try and sort out travel etc, don't want to pay out big time as heading to London a couple of weeks later too. I'm considering booking onto a ferry and driving if I can get a few to travel with me and split the cost. I'm meeting friends over there so I'll sort out accommodation etc with them, but if anyones interested in car-sharing with me pm me and we can try to sort it. Journey would be about €600 all in (Ferry + Fuel) arriving in Cardiff on Saturday early morning and getting the ferry back on Monday 21st - so between 4 or 5 we could get it down to 120-150 each - I'm based in Dublin and would be going from/to there...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Just to make sure you have youre dates right....ireland v romania is on 27th sept in london and ireland v canada is on 19th sept in cardiff, so Im guessing you meant ireland v canada ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aileen13

Whoops...yes...19th Sept Vs Canada in Cardiff....I'm great at organising trips though and I'm sure we'll get there on the correct dates ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 marty1892

Well lads long term lurker first time poster, just wondering does anyone know any rugby clubs in or around Cardiff setting up camp sites for the matches in the world cup. I went to the Heineken Cup final in Cardiff in 2008 and we camped on some club teams pitch but i cant for the life of me remember the name of the club.

I have tickets for the Canada game and am considering going to Cardiff for the France game even without a ticket just looking at ways of staying in and around Cardiff for these games. Any help in gratefully appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

marty1892 wrote: »
    Well lads long term lurker first time poster, just wondering does anyone know any rugby clubs in or around Cardiff setting up camp sites for the matches in the world cup. I went to the Heineken Cup final in Cardiff in 2008 and we camped on some club teams pitch but i cant for the life of me remember the name of the club.
    Camping in Wales in October sounds nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Camping in Wales in October sounds nasty

FYP...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 monkel107

Anyone know when the resale portal for tickets will be opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

monkel107 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the resale portal for tickets will be opening?

Was only thinking about this last nights myself. All I'm missing is French tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

Was only thinking about this last nights myself. All I'm missing is French tickets.

I'm thinking of selling mine, I probably wont decide until the summer sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

How are people with Sunday afternoon QF tickets feeling (the QF Ireland play if they win the group).

Feeling very confident right about now?
    Or worried that they're peaking too soon?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

How are people with Sunday afternoon QF tickets feeling (the QF Ireland play if they win the group).

I'm fairly confident.

Mostly cause I have Saturday night tickets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Feeling 80% confident myself. France won't have rebuilt themselves by then. SA will still be in charge of them, and even though there might be a player-revolt ala 2011, I fancy we'll be much more structured than they will.
    Sunday lunchtime QF for us vs Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

paddy138 wrote: »
    This could of been asked before, so i apologise in advance if so.
    Prices for flights into Bristol for the saturday and home on the monday after the ireland v france game are roughly €600.
    Which is ridiculous. So i was looking at london. Flights in or around €200 and accomodation around bristol at that time would be same as london. Now the train times schedule isnt done until october so its hard to get an exact price but roughly €100 from london to cardiff on a train. I could probaly save myself 3-400.
    Is anyone else doing it this way or am i mad to try this?

Sweet mother of God. €600!! I use Bristol for flights back to the motherland a lot and the normal price Ryanair Dublin to Bristol booked in advance are around the £20 mark. Aer lingus from Cork I often get for £30. Theres supply and demand, and then theres taking the piss.

Megabus from London to Cardiff can be got for £5 when booked in advance. Bristol to Cardiff can be had for £3. Guranteed seat unlike the trains which will be jammers heading to Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Long time no post but hey...

Heading over for the QF weekend. Ferry in on Friday afternoon, crash in Holyhead that night and get the train to Cardiff in the morning. I have tickets for *cough* France's quarter-final, but none for *cough* Ireland's. Train back to Holyhead circa 7pm on the Sunday and on the 1.45 boat to Dublin.

Any ideas for accommodation in Cardiff on the Saturday night (17th)?

Also, I may have a spare ticket for what looks like being France-NZ that I would be willing to swap for one to the other QF in Cardiff that weekend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

tolosenc wrote: »
    Any ideas for accommodation in Cardiff on the Saturday night (17th)?

The street...

Honestly I just booked somewhere in Bristol for that weekend. Cardiff is a complete waste of time - you might get some camping spots at rugby grounds if that's your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

More tickets just became available on the official RWC ticket website for the Sunday quarter final in Cardiff. The one we should be in hopefully! Only the two most expensive categories are available though...

Has the ticket resale website been laucnhed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

flyby just announced new routes Dub-Car. I just booked mine. Heading out early Fri 16th and back late Sun 17th for €120. Its a steal in comparison to what ryanair and are lingus are offering. Was going to take the ferry but glad this came up. I would book quickly before they sell out.

http://www.flybe.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Does anyone know of any accommodation in or near Cardiff for the quarter final weekend??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Rocko wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any accommodation in or near Cardiff for the quarter final weekend??

Have been looking for ages but there doesn't appear to be anything!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 monkel107

flyby just announced new routes Dub-Car. I just booked mine. Heading out early Fri 16th and back late Sun 17th for €120. Its a steal in comparison to what ryanair and are lingus are offering. Was going to take the ferry but glad this came up. I would book quickly before they sell out.

Cheers, just booked in there now, that's seriously cheap for that week, glad i waited was just about to book the ferry

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Been lurking with this one for a while, just a few tips, for anyone in the south east there's daily flights from Waterford to London Luton, got flights for €105 return which includes a 23kg bag, outbound the 26th, inbound the 28th of September for the Romania game (120 is the cheapest from Dublin with Ryanair for said dates). Also have a look at the easyhotel website aswell for great bargains for hotel rooms, be warned they are on the small side! Plus does anyone have experience using airbnb?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Re airbnb i've used it in Galway once and it was grand and i'd recommend it. Only issue is you usually have to pay full price up front - including a service charge - but they make it quite clear. If you're coming in from Luton and the game's in Wembley have a look around Kilburn/Cricklewood/Willesden Green/West Hampstead. Direct train from Luton then 10 mins on Jubilee Line to Wembley

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Just got an email. Resale portal will reopen on 31 March:

We are pleased to confirm that the Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Ticket Resale Service will launch at 12:00 GMT on March 24, 2015.

From that time, ticket holders who have tickets that they are no longer able to use, will be able to make those tickets available for resale via the official ticketing website.

P lease note the following:
    This is the only official place you can safely and securely sell RWC 2015 tickets to other Rugby fans

All tickets will be sold at face value

All tickets listed between March 24 and 30 will be available to purchase from 10:00 BST on March 31. Beyond that date, any tickets listed will be released to the website within 72 hours

In the event that your tickets are sold, you will be reimbursed the cost of the tickets and the postage charge. Transaction charges cannot be returned

Any tickets listed that do not sell will remain in your account for you to use
    Funds will be returned to your nominated payment card, so if you do have tickets that you wish to sell, make sure your card details are up to date.

Please remember that your tickets are strictly non-transferable save as set out in the Ticket Terms and Conditions and in particular cannot be publicly sold or offered for sale on any website (other than using our official resale service).

Helpful frequently asked questions and a seller's guide to resale can be found here.

Kind regards,

Rugby World Cup 2015 Ticketing Team

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Stenaline were doing 1 euro each way trips before december on Tuesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Todays Stena Line offer,

"Travel from Dublin to Holyhead from €69* single, car + driver on any Superfast X sailing up to 17 December 2015.

To book: Select your sailings using the 'BOOK YOUR TRIP' panel on the left."

Add "FRIEND" to the booking panel to reduce the price by 1 friend.

Essentially 35 euro per person with a car, cant travel Sat & Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

Got the Ferry deal for the opening match against Canada. Ferry on the 18th September.

Managed to get accommodation in Port Talbot(35 minutes on the train to Cardiff) . Twin room costs 100 euro for the Saturday night

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/aberavonbeach.en-gb.html

Only a couple of those rooms left now. There was no charge on the room yet and it included free cancellation.

Just in case anyone can't find anything closer to Cardiff for cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Does anyone think many tickets will be around on tuesday for the resale, cant see too many for good games unless all in the group were successful and even then they would sell them on at a higher price near the stadium at the time.

Advertisement