Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-11-2019, 20:58   #121
Sideshow Cecil

Tried this today,was told as a former o2 costumer I’m not entitled to this, in fact they could offer me €30 / month, an increase from what I’m currently paying!
Advertisement
19-11-2019, 19:37   #122
JTMan

Some wild speculation ...

Even since GoMo arrived on the scene I have speculated that 48 might be a route to market for Three to compete with GoMo. MAYBE that is about to happen.

Three clues ...

Three have just acquired 48.ie (it was previously owned by an article 48 campaign group).

Three have placed a notice on 48months.ie saying "The 48 website will be down for essential maintenance from 11pm 20th November to 8am 21st November."

Posters here and elsewhere have said that Three have told them that they are preparing to launch a competitive offering to GoMo.

Wild speculation but perhaps Three are going to launch a GoMo competitive offering via 48 on Thursday 21 November.
20-11-2019, 00:51   #123
zagamuffin

Tks to OP

Just swapped two accounts saving e55 a month for 12 months , nice win 😎
28-11-2019, 08:33   #124
Testament1

Three weeks later and I still haven't been moved from prepay to the tenner a month deal and bill pay SIM never sent out to me.
28-11-2019, 10:47   #125
Morrisseeee

Send a message via Yahoo to Morrisseeee
Just got onto 3 chat and said I wanted to cancel & move to Gomo, so I'm now on the unlimited €15pm plan, good saving, happy days, thanks OP.
Advertisement
28-11-2019, 13:46   #126
Scribbler100

Delighted I found this thread, thanks OP. Had reached end of contract and went on webchat asking what they could offer me for SIM only. Was offered €30, then €20 but I held out and mentioned that that was still double what my son was paying GoMo. Finally got the €10 per month deal. Took about an hour on webchat, which is crazy, but for me the savings mean it was an hour well spent.
08-12-2019, 11:22   #127
Morby

I'm not currently a Three customer. I chanced my arm with inline chat to see if they could price match with GoMo on their 30 day rolling bill pay €30 pm plan, but no dice there. Was told that their €10 offers were finished and presumably I wouldn't get it anyhow as I wasn't an existing customer.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten then to price match GoMo in recent times, as most people on this thread got it done a month ago, I wonder are they doing still doing it, especially now as GoMo have announced that they're ending their offer in January?

Also, I'm thinking now of just signing up to their 30 day SIM only plan and paying €30 for the first month and then once I'm an "existing" customer they may be able to drop it down to a tenner a month for me?

I know no-one can say either way for sure, but anyone reckon this might work for me?
08-12-2019, 11:30   #128
Aquos76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morby View Post
I'm not currently a Three customer. I chanced my arm with inline chat to see if they could price match with GoMo on their 30 day rolling bill pay €30 pm plan, but no dice there. Was told that their €10 offers were finished and presumably I wouldn't get it anyhow as I wasn't an existing customer.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten then to price match GoMo in recent times, as most people on this thread got it done a month ago, I wonder are they doing still doing it, especially now as GoMo have announced that they're ending their offer in January?

Also, I'm thinking now of just signing up to their 30 day SIM only plan and paying €30 for the first month and then once I'm an "existing" customer they may be able to drop it down to a tenner a month for me?

I know no-one can say either way for sure, but anyone reckon this might work for me?
Very much doubt it, don’t see why any company would be interested in giving such an offer to a customer who is only with them 1 month.
Thanks from:
08-12-2019, 11:34   #129
Zaph
A kick in the gulags

My wife and I are both on 30 day SIM only plans with Three. I contacted them yesterday and they dropped the price for each of us to €10pm for 12 months after initially offering €15pm. That said, we've been with them for a few years, I'd imagine they'd be less likely to offer that deal to new customers.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-12-2019, 11:36   #130
Morby

Thanks guys, appreciate the heads up and honesty, was thinking the same myself
08-12-2019, 11:57   #131
Glebee

Im out of contract at the moment with 3, 25euro a month for 150 minutes, 150 texts and 2Gs of data(something crap like that anyway). Been with 02 and then switched to 3 automatically and just stayed. Ive tried them a few time to price match Gomo, no luck. They keep saying there brining out there own offer and the bes tthey could go to for the same limits is 20euro
Thanks from:
08-12-2019, 11:58   #132
amber2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morby View Post

No, I got my €30 per month reduced but I am with them years, at that time I asked the agent if I got the same deal for my son Then I would port over his number. They said no it’s for existing customers only to retain customers.
Thanks from:
08-12-2019, 12:09   #133
JTMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebee View Post
They keep saying there brining out there own offer
More evidence that Three/48 are planning a GoMo rival offering.
08-12-2019, 12:11   #134
beauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMan View Post
More evidence that Three/48 are planning a GoMo rival offering.
Or just delaying until the GoMo offer ends.

Hoping people will be too lazy to switch.
08-12-2019, 12:14   #135
beauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebee View Post
Im out of contract at the moment with 3, 25euro a month for 150 minutes, 150 texts and 2Gs of data(something crap like that anyway). Been with 02 and then switched to 3 automatically and just stayed. Ive tried them a few time to price match Gomo, no luck. They keep saying there brining out there own offer and the bes tthey could go to for the same limits is 20euro
Just switch. Three will probably bring out an offer that's only for new customers.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion