Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3 end of contract deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I rang them and they told me that I was sent an email confirming the deal on December 24th but that my email was not 'active'. Could they send it again? No.

Apparently, yes my account is in credit by 40 Euro and my next four bills should be zero. I might just put the next direct debit on hold and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I rang them and they told me that I was sent an email confirming the deal on December 24th but that my email was not 'active'. Could they send it again? No.

Apparently, yes my account is in credit by 40 Euro and my next four bills should be zero. I might just put the next direct debit on hold and see what happens.

That's where a data request would help, if they sent the email than it should be available on file (ie 3's file on individual customers).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sunbeam wrote: »

If you have €40 credit on your account then it should show up on my3. I think it's in the my bills or my current spend section or something like that.

There is now minus 40 Euros showing up under 'Current Spend Outside of Your Allowance' That definitely was not there earlier. Hopefully it is sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

This is my third month on the tenner deal.

First 2 months full price, then got credited back some money, only 20 euro, should have been 40 and just got my bill in now and full price again.

Quite annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

yeah im still having issues, got a credit back for incorrect price, but the tariff is still wrong price.
    Will have to set a reminder to check my bill next month to make sure its the correct tariff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

The way I can see it is that the bill will always be coming in at 30 euro but your account should be credited in advance in order to cancel out the 20 euro. Still have to check it every month though as you can't trust Three not to f*ck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Mine has been the same, just checked my account under the 'My Allowance' section and I'm -€40 also. Hope this is it sorted now. Been onto them numerous times to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Just on chat now chancing my arm with Three, I'm currently paying 30 a month on the rolling 30 day contract. Fingers crossed!

Edit: They've applied a 20 euro discount onto my next 12 months, saying it'll be 10 euro a month from here on out. Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Got the €10 deal back in November, still haven't got my account sorted and been onto them multiple times. Put in a complaint today through their online form, hopefully gives them a kick in the backside to sort it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Damien360

tgdaly wrote: »
    Got the €10 deal back in November, still haven't got my account sorted and been onto them multiple times. Put in a complaint today through their online form, hopefully gives them a kick in the backside to sort it

Exactly the same here. Got it down to €20 but have checked and they are still charging €30. Mine was November also. Have screenshots of entire conversation. Comreg might be better if can’t get anywhere with 3. Haven’t the patience to go through their online connection again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

I was in the same boat with 3, out of contract and paying 25euro for 2gigs data, 100min and 100 texts. Asked could they match Gomo, they said no way and new offers would be out soon. That was early November and still no new offers from 3. Called into store before Christmas to see could I fair better face to face. They said the best they could do was 30euro.:eek::eek:More than I was paying. Ive since switched to Gomo with no issues whatso ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭gifted

Myself and my missus got the €10 deal from three....mine is applied but the missus has not....difference is I contacted them by chat and get a copy of the conversation emailed to me....missus contacts by phone and surprise surprise nothing is changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

I went back online chat two or three days ago as my contract hadn't changed for this month... they said I had to give 30 days notice... giving more than 30 days notice inst allowed apparently? Anyway.. The person I was chatting with said if I hadn't gone back to the chat they wouldn't have applied the €10p/m offer.

Anyone having difficulties I would just go back to the chat and get them to check why it wasn't done and then get it applied.

I'm still getting the wrong charge, so I just have a reminder to check the bill every month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Checked my bank statement today and I'm still being charged the old price. I contacted support and was given the new price on November 8th. I was willing to let the first month of overcharging go if my bill was correct this month but it was charged today at the old price, so I got straight onto chat and told them I now want both months credited back.

The girl said she'd excalate it to her manager and they'd email me confirmation in 48 hours. I'll wait and see!

You wont know for sure until you see your next months bill to know if they bill is correct at 10€pm

The 40 euro credit that was showing 'Current Spend Outside of Your Allowance' on My 3 has finally been applied to my official bill i.e. the bill is still for 29.99 but the credit shows up on it under 'Total other charges and credits'.

Another credit of 20 Euro is showing up under 'Current Spend Outside of Your Allowance' on My 3. Hopefully this will be added to my next bill.

They are still charging me for an add-on that I cancelled but that's another story...

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    I'm the same. €10 a month not applied. I've been assured it will be applied for next month. Wait till end of the month to see the proof

Update. I'm on the €10 from now.

Bill went out this morning, they put me back on my old bill.....phoned them and the rep said she will apply for credit for me.....I feel a lot more phone calls coming up ffs:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

gifted wrote: »
    Bill went out this morning, they put me back on my old bill.....phoned them and the rep said she will apply for credit for me.....I feel a lot more phone calls coming up ffs:(

I switched over from three prepay to Bill pay (public sector deal) in December .
    I have been unable to view remaining allowances at any stage.
    I have not received a bill in any format or had access to any during that whole time .
    I do not receive any notice of date or amount of direct debit
    Multiple online chats lasting over half an hour each time have gone nowhere
    Time for COMREG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭amber2

gifted wrote: »

Mine went back up even though it was supposed to be €10 a month for 6 months they counted the month I rang even though they didn’t apply the €10 charge until the following month, was going around in circles with them so best they would do was €20 per month now.

amber2 wrote: »
    Mine went back up even though it was supposed to be €10 a month for 6 months they counted the month I rang even though they didn’t apply the €10 charge until the following month, was going around in circles with them so best they would do was €20 per month now.

Only thing that might save me is I have a copy of the online chat in which the rep confirms it’s €10 a month for 12 months....we’ll see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Moonmad

km79 wrote: »
    I switched over from three prepay to Bill pay (public sector deal) in December .
    I have been unable to view remaining allowances at any stage.
    I have not received a bill in any format or had access to any during that whole time .
    I do not receive any notice of date or amount of direct debit
    Multiple online chats lasting over half an hour each time have gone nowhere
    Time for COMREG

I've had the same issue for the last 10 months, I need to call them every time I want a copy of my bill. I used to have access to my3 etc but this no longer happens. My contract ends this month will be looking elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Moonmad wrote: »
    I've had the same issue for the last 10 months, I need to call them every time I want a copy of my bill. I used to have access to my3 etc but this no longer happens. My contract ends this month will be looking elsewhere.

I eventually got to the bottom of this (I think). After a bit of back and forth customer service finally admitted that in doing an upgrade in November, they ‘lost access’ to certain accounts (I’m on the Government plan, too) i.e. they can’t be accessed by the customer. No fix in sight and the lady suggested that stuff like that isn’t being fixed by Three in the current climate.

I contacted ComReg and registered a complaint but haven’t done anything about it yet. For whatever good it’ll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Anyone who was on this tenner deal with Three since around this time last year still on it?

Was it just for 12 months or rolling indefinitely?

Or has anyone managed to renew it for another 12 months?

I would like to but can't seem to unfortunately.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It was only for 12 month, I had one phone on that but just lately I moved that phone to 48 for the same deal, except for €7.99 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭amber2

Got a deal for €15 per month for 12 months on a one month rolling contract, can ring and change at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

If we all stick together and tell three we are leaving hopefully they will either extend it or offer us a similar deal. It was nice having to only pay €10 per month so there’s no way I’m going back up to €30 per month again. If three can’t give me some sort of deal when my €10 per month is up, I’ll be going elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zagamuffin

48 @ 7.99 it is then, sim on the way

Advertisement