Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)

3 end of contract deal

  • 05-11-2019 6:06pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭ ITV2


    24 mth contract up with 3 end of this month, gave 30 days notice, asked was i porting to GoMo, eh no i'm not, ok.
    3 called me 9 times to offer me a deal if I stayed , all calls, text ,data for €10 on a rolling 30 day contract and when they start 5G they offer stays the same = Bargain!


«13456789

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ Flashdan


    I like 3. Tesco are crap.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭ mfceiling


    I got this today also. Just stay with them and it's 9.99 a month. Happy days...I was on the 30 quid a month deal rolling contract.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭ vectra


    Flashdan wrote: »
    I like 3. Tesco are crap.

    I like Tesco, Vodafone are crap :pac::pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭ Tandey


    mfceiling wrote: »
    I got this today also. Just stay with them and it's 9.99 a month. Happy days...I was on the 30 quid a month deal rolling contract.

    I’m on the 30 a month deal well the 24 month contract ended last month.
    How do I go about getting the 9.99 deal?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭ Damien360


    Same question here. Wife on SIM only 30 day contract for 30pm. All calls, texts etc and she is a heavy user.

    How do you get 10pm deal as it’s not on website


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭ padd b1975


    Any chance of this still being in play in April?


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭ mfceiling


    Tandey wrote: »
    I’m on the 30 a month deal well the 24 month contract ended last month.
    How do I go about getting the 9.99 deal?

    They rang me cause I initiated my cancellation.


  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭ donnyvegas


    vectra wrote: »
    I like Tesco, Vodafone are crap :pac::pac:

    I like Vodafone, Eir are rubbish :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭ Glebee


    Im currently with 3 and out of contract, going to switch to Gomo. Think ill ring up and see can I get that offer.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭ JTMan


    Three must be feeling the pain with losing customers to GoMo to be selectively price matching GoMo. Shows how successful the GoMo launch has been.

    I wonder if any of the other mobile providers are price matching GoMo if people threaten to leave?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭ Lord Spence


    JTMan wrote: »
    Three must be feeling the pain with losing customers to GoMo to be selectively price matching GoMo. Shows how successful the GoMo launch has been.

    I wonder if any of the other mobile providers are price matching GoMo if people threaten to leave?

    Wonder would they offer this deal to 3 prepay customers


  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭ ITV2


    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Where’s a link to the deal ?

    there is no link, I told them I was off to Virgin free for 3 months, and they rang me with the offer.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭ physioman


    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Where’s a link to the deal ?

    Read the thread properly 🙄


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,252 ✭✭✭✭ Galwayguy35


    Wonder would they offer this deal to 3 prepay customers

    No harm in asking anyway, I'm prepay @ 20 per month.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭ physioman


    OmegaGene wrote: »
    I did read the thread but it’s not a deal available to all that’s the point I was trying to make
    Wooooosh

    Well you obviously didn't read the thread because it's only for people who are on a contract that were looking to cancel. ....woosh


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭ silver2020


    signed up to gomo on 24th oct. Order still not shipped. Contacted three via webchat on my3 about 30 minutes ago, told them I was switching to gomo and heard they may match the offer. Gave them my gomo order number. Two minutes later three confirmed they were switching me to €10/month all in package.

    Have now cancelled the gomo sim.

    Thanks to the op of this thread :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭ bennyc


    Glebee wrote: »
    Im currently with 3 and out of contract, going to switch to Gomo. Think ill ring up and see can I get that offer.

    Let us know how you get on , my wife is in the same boat very soon.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭ Lord Spence


    silver2020 wrote: »
    signed up to gomo on 24th oct. Order still not shipped. Contacted three via webchat on my3 about 30 minutes ago, told them I was switching to gomo and heard they may match the offer. Gave them my gomo order number. Two minutes later three confirmed they were switching me to €10/month all in package.

    Have now cancelled the gomo sim.

    Thanks to the op of this thread :)

    Where u 3 billpay or prepay


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭ Skuxx


    Best I'm getting from Three at the moment is €10 off for 12 months, currently on the €30 per month.
    Told them go ahead and put in my 30 day notice, so let's see if I get a phonecall


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭ silver2020


    Where u 3 billpay or prepay

    billpay and a customer for many years


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭ Trampas


    I was onto chat and just coming off €45 a month contract. Offered me €15 a month rolling. I said why would I pay 50% more. Offered me €10 a month for 12 months.

    They must be feeling the pinch. I’m tempted to keep as says all this porting number and I’ve no coverage issues with them


  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ggmate


    Thanks OP! I just did this for myself and my girlfriend. Took less than 5 mins each on their webchat. We were both paying 30 a month and now down to 10 each. Delighted!


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭ TheDriver


    Isn't competition great. Though the others would want to start following their lead


  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ moans3536


    i have been with 3 for years , contract up on 5.12.19, going to give them a web chat in the morning, thanks for the tip.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭ green123


    OmegaGene wrote: »
    I did read the thread but it’s not a deal available to all that’s the point I was trying to make
    Wooooosh

    Your point makes no sense.

    So what if it's not available to all?

    There are lots of deals posted in bargain alerts that are only available to some people.


  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ Jonesy101


    good heads up thanks OP


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭ Bummer1234


    Anyone here on prepay onto them saying your thinking of moving and got any results?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭ Testament1


    Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Anyone here on prepay onto them saying your thinking of moving and got any results?

    I chanced sending them a message on My3 but haven't gotten a response yet. With the wildly erratic data speeds on Three it's not worth giving them more than a tenner a month anyway.


  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ deco72


    ITV2 wrote: »
    24 mth contract up with 3 end of this month, gave 30 days notice, asked was i porting to GoMo, eh no i'm not, ok.
    3 called me 9 times to offer me a deal if I stayed , all calls, text ,data for €10 on a rolling 30 day contract and when they start 5G they offer stays the same = Bargain!

    Nice one for this. Got onto them this morning. Have both mine and my wife’s on the 30day rolling contract at €30 now I got them both onto €10 a month rolling contract for 12 months and can extend at end of 12 months. Great savings.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ spannerism


    do you get to keep your "phone upgrade" option with this deal?
    or do you loose it?


Advertisement