Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 end of contract deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Might try the same trick

Thinking buying the phone outright would be better and save me money in the long run esp if i can get a cheaper monthly cost

Amazon Germany selling the 512GB model for €1429. With Shipping costs €1460.81

You could just swap to 48's plan - it uses Three's network so it has the same signal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,892 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jdon72 wrote: »
    You could just swap to 48's plan - it uses Three's network so it has the same signal

Would it have 5G coverage ? Id prefer AYCE data

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Would it have 5G coverage ? Id prefer AYCE data

Ah, then you'd have to stick with Three. No 5G on 48 at the moment and a max of 100GB

jdon72 wrote: »
    Ah, then you'd have to stick with Three. No 5G on 48 at the moment and a max of 100GB

I'll have a chat with Three in that case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Every time I look at these plans for a "free" phone, they work out way more expensive then doing it yourself so buy the phone and use one of the low cost monthly plans available.
    With Gomo, 48 etc bringing the cost down, it makes it easy to decide, even if you have to borrow the funds to buy the phone, it will work out cheaper.
    Nobody should be paying more than €15 a month for unlimited everything now.
    If people move from the "expensive" plans around, the phone companies will have to bring the cost down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Thanks guys, dropped Contract up in 2 weeks so onto chat today, down from 45pm to 15pm... could have held for ten i think but needed to pop out so was happy to bite 15pm over 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah mine is gone up to 30€ pm , they went down to 20€ (for 12 months)
    Did anyone get the 10€ pm on the sim only recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

billbond4 wrote: »

I just changed over to 48 mobile, the use the 3 network so basically the same thing, Its only €10.99 a month for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

billbond4 wrote: »

I was on 15 a month for 12 month's and went back up recently. Rang them and was offered 10 straight away for 12 months. I'm on a 30 day rolling contract

• Advertisement

Moving to a sim only plan for €15 per month (€5 extra for 5G)

Simply €45 a month Is way too much esp when I'm buying my phone outright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Scottie99

From €30 to 12.99 for 12months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Thanks to this thread I got 12 months of all I can eat for €10.99 without the hassle of switching. I just mentioned the GoMo and 48 deals when they offered me €30/month. 5 to 10 minutes in the chat of the my3 app.

Contract up at midnight tomorrow and i agreed to €15 per month sim only but what are the tips to heckle and get it lower ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭robbe

Contract up at midnight tomorrow and i agreed to €15 per month sim only but what are the tips to heckle and get it lower ?

One of the kids plans (SIM only) switched back from €10 per month to €30. Did a web chat, cited gomo and my48.ie, initially offered €20 per month for 12 months, I said it was still too expensive (cited my48.ie again) and said I was going to port over to them, was offered €10 per month for another 12 months. Took about 20 mins all told but that’s standard on any chat with 3mobile.....

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭tgdaly

For anyone who's negotiated their deals down to a 10er a month the last 2 years around this time of year, is it necessary to do it again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

I think so, mine is due to end on 15th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

And not sure how but I'm been charged €7 a month. Though it was a glitch first month but had a few months now and yep €7. I was offered 10 so something went wrong (right for me though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭beachhead

I think they would say head on off then.Possibly suggest 48 then.Would like to hear if they make an offer-most likely depends on your spend and time with them.

I like Eir.Can't comment on Vodafone but free phones are ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Going back to 2019 there beachhead, Im long gone from 3, With gomo now on the 9.99 deal and absolutely no complaints at all about them apart from the odd issue with text messages but ill survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Got the deal renewed again for another year, delighted.

Just wondering, has anyone managed to get this deal for a family member who aren't currently with Three?

Would be interested in adding someone else in the household onto this plan but don't know if it would be possible if they're not already a Three customer?

Or would getting them a PAYG SIM work I wonder?

It's worth a phone call to ask. How did you manage to renew the deal please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

I tried last year but they said it was only for retention of customers so I went with 48 for kids, which is kinda the same thing only €10.99. Try it all they can say is no.

Any way of knowing when your contract is out other than ringing customer care, as im not sure if I left it run on last year.

Post edited by amber2 on

Should be looking at dates of posts.I see some are cropping up on boards now 10 yrs old.I mean at the top of a thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Got onto the Three chat the other day and got this extended for another 12 months. The agent said this would be the last time they'd do it for me (this will be the 3rd year of it). Just wondering if they've said that to anyone else or is the guy talking out his backside?

I rang today and explained I was not happy to pay 30 euro a month. She offered me a 12 month contract paying 10 euro a month for six months and then 30 and I said no way. She then relented and gave me 12 months at 10 euros a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

083 3333333

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Got stung for a €30 bill yesterday. Got onto chat today and after a bit of back and forth finally got it back down to the tenner a month. No mention of it being the last time they'll do it though. The service really isn't worth more than a tenner a month in my experience of it.

• Advertisement

I rang today to renew my 10 euro a month deal. Best offer the guy would give me was 15 euro a month on a 12 month contract. It took so long to haggle him down to that that I had to go to work.

Has anyone got them to renew at 10 euro a month for another year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are both gomo and 48 on the back of the 3 network?

Wife and I both had to settle for €15 p/m.

The person I was dealing with was adament that €10 p/m is no longer available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭gifted

Same as.....no way were they gonna give me a tenner a month...had to settle for 15 a month.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

€15 a month as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

I am out of contract now and this is the best they would give me over chat, no 5G

Xabi, I have provided the best discounted rate for you which is €10 for 6 months, €20 for 6 months in which you get -Unlimited minutes/texts.

However, you can contact us after 12 months and we will provide you the best available deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

GoMo is owned by and uses the Eir network.

48, Lyca, Tesco and Virgin are on the Three network.

An Post and Clear use Vodafone (and Sky is coming soon afaik).

Anyone get €15 deal over the weekend as I just rang now and they said the €15 a month ended in November and December deal is €20 a month, despite last week being December. No budging on the €20.

Edit ….hung up on them and went on messaging and got €15.

Post edited by amber2 on

Just see 100 free international minutes up for grabs, it’s in my3 under the heading recommended for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I got this deal today on webchat after threatening to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I rang them a few days ago and got the €15 per month deal extended for another year. Very surprised that they didn't argue with me about it like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 expensivefinish

Got renewed also on €10 for 6 months and €20 for 6 months.

Was the 5G on the plan before? Was under the impression it wasn't included so pushed the agent to add it on for free. Was a bit of back of fourth but he eventually agreed to it and then came back 2 minutes later saying it was actually already standard on the plan.

Noticed there I had 5g turned off on my phone so wouldn't know myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks for the heads up, just coming to the end of a contract myself so got it down to €10 for 6 months then €20 afterwards.

@expensivefinish while searching for better deals, I found an article that said mobile operators have stopped charging extra for 5g as there was such poor uptake and it's hardly worth it when you can get good 4g, so it's included as standard for most plans now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I’m on €10 per month (well I think it’s €10.50), been on it ages, no contract or anything… I presume they can just put it up whenever they want?

Contract is up soon, plan since April 2022 is PAYG €14.99-€19.99 a month

What's the best way too heckle them down a bit ?

Be nice to get €10 per month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 ilenmike05

Going to give this a rattle again today. I will let you know how I get on. Was on ten a month for last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Best I could get was €15.

Used chat so it's all documented.

Let us know how it goes.

Won't budge at €17.85 a month no matter how hard I tried

Accepted it as its too much hassle changing over to GOMO

@PTH2009 did you ring customer care or try online chat. Initially I rang customer care who wouldn’t budge from €20 per month told me the offer had finished the Friday before I rang so I hung up and tried chat who gave me the €15 offer this was in December though. Anyway worth trying both if you don’t like the offer just hang up.

Done it online

Yeah they agent told me that there prices had gone up all across the board (€30 going up to €32.85 on the 31st Mar)

Offered me €17.85 for 12 months (€15 off €32.85)

Accepted it as it cuts out the bother of switching and the 3plus app does have decent stuff like ticket presales etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement