Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mcirsta

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought this was Bargain Alerts? There is a forum for consumer issues

Sorry, didn't know where else to complain about it ... and sincer other people did complain about this too.

Btw my order really is late , it was supposed to be here today. Still I'll shut up about it, just wanted to know if anyone else is having issues with this.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought this was Bargain Alerts? There is a forum for consumer issues

Sorry, didn't know where else to complain about it ... and since other people did complain about this too...

Btw my order really is late , it was supposed to be here today. Still I'll shut up about it, just wanted to know if anyone else is having issues with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

mcirsta wrote: »
    Sorry, didn't know where else to complain about it ... and since other people did complain about this too...

They come by courier so it might not be late yet. They can come at any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

You said you placed the order Monday, and it's 4-5 business day delivery.
    The day you place the order isn't counted as one of the business. So you've:
    Tuesday - Day 1
    Wednesday - Day 2
    Thursday - Day 3
    Friday (Today) - Day 4
    Sat. and Sun. aren't included.
    Monday - Day 5.

That's your timeline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Dunno where you read that but it's nonsense, there is no flare at all in 501s, they are a straight loose fit. If you want boot cut then it's Levis 517 which they don't have on sportsdirect

Here, near the bottom of the page, first review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Proper 501s aren't flared.

These ones, at nearly quarter of RRP, mightn't necessarily be premium grade. Mike Ashley's involved!

OK so today I got the message that Barlin finally picked up my order and surprise, surprise, it's already in my town and being delivered on Monday.

If anyone is having problems the good news is that delivery is on time, the bad news is that they'll give you quite a scare as you'll see the progress on your order shipment very, very late.

Thank to everyone here that helped out and sorry for going offtopic.

OK so today I got the message that Barlin finally picked up my order and surprise, surprise, it's already in my town and being delivered on Monday.

If anyone is having problems the good news is that delivery is on time, the bad news is that they'll give you quite a scare as you'll see the progress on your order shipment very, very late.

Thanks to everyone here that helped out and sorry for going offtopic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Phew, good info to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Thanks to everyone here that helped out and sorry for going offtopic.

But sure it's always been like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

Seve OB wrote:
    But sure it's always been like that

I ordered Thursday and just got an email with the tracking number this morning, think delivery will still take till the end of next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Don't go by emails, go onto the site, log in, click my orders and track order, go by this, if you have ordered before you will see a pattern and it will give you an idea when the packgage will arrive, at least this is how i do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Just gone a bit mad and ordered a load of stuff from here. Stocked up on trainers, boots and hoodies for all the family, going to put them away for Xmas lessen the costs. And got my brother some fishing gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Just wanted to add I've found delivery to be very fast - ordered 2 pairs of kids skechers on Wednesday lunchtime and they were delivered yesterday afternoon (Sat)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

Anyone able to explain why i got charged €16 delivery when website says €11.99? Hoping i would get a quicker answer than emailing sports direct directly...thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is everything by courier?

Just want buy few things but not sure I'll be around for collection

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

Ordered Thursday with standard delivery, just arrived there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Ordered 10/9/2015 (after business hours) and got delivery today 15/9/2015.

3 business days. Never had a problem with delivery from sportsdirect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I ordered Thursday and got my delivery today.
    Now boyfriend wants to order more

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

stoutykid wrote: »
    Anyone able to explain why i got charged €16 delivery when website says €11.99? Hoping i would get a quicker answer than emailing sports direct directly...thanks in advance :)

Not all shipping is €11.99, it varies depending on size and weight etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Not all shipping is €11.99, it varies depending on size and weight etc.

thanks i knew i would get an answer quicker here...

Is everything by courier?

Just want buy few things but not sure I'll be around for collection

Anyone? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

All my stuff was delivered by DHL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Is this thread not just for bargin alerts?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ye Kew. They use DHL but anytime I'm not home they call me and I direct them where to leave it (the bin). Or they leave it with a neighbour. You can also call them and let them know what day you are home

• Advertisement

Is this thread not just for bargin alerts?.

I thought it was too, gone to pot with people talking about their deliveries and what they just bought, no one cares, we just want bargains ;):D

Cheers zerk and bren for reply.

Will order some stuff so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Lots of Skechers heavily reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

anyone have the code for 12 euro off?
    i emailed them complaining that i never got the code from my last two orders (started my xmas shopping early!)
    anyway,
    embarrassing reply when they say your order wasn't placed when the deal was on offer.

uggggghhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Shipping only €6.99 now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Shipping only €6.99 now.

That's the normal price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That's the normal price.

It looks like some on here thought standard shipping was €11.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

shakencat wrote: »
    anyone have the code for 12 euro off?
    i emailed them complaining that i never got the code from my last two orders (started my xmas shopping early!)
    anyway,
    embarrassing reply when they say your order wasn't placed when the deal was on offer.

uggggghhh

Same here :

"Unfortunately this offer was only valid on Thursday. As you placed your order on Friday the offer was over and your order would not receive a voucher."

however I've sent them the picture posted here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96791664&postcount=2604

still waiting for an answer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 enricolungay1

Hi, I'm about to place an order to ie.sportsdirect.com is this site very trusted? I have doubts that maybe they will just get my money. :) Thanks in advance :)

Hi, I'm about to place an order to ie.sportsdirect.com is this site very trusted? I have doubts that maybe they will just get my money. :) Thanks in advance :)

very trusted, and you can use paypal if in doubt..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

Is this a piss take? You have doubts that they'll get yr money? A company with a billion plus in sales a year!

Welcome to boards. Have a read over the thread and you'll find the answer to your question plus tonnes more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Does a thread that is 180 pages long about Sport Direct bargains not make you think the site is trust worthy?!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

darconio wrote: »
    Same here :

"Unfortunately this offer was only valid on Thursday. As you placed your order on Friday the offer was over and your order would not receive a voucher."

however I've sent them the picture posted here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96791664&postcount=2604

still waiting for an answer :mad:

Have you received a reply yet? I ordered over 300 quid worth of stuff (28/8/15) but have yet to receive my 60 quid voucher.

They advertised the deal until the 31st so....

igorbiscan wrote: »
    Anyone got an update on the €12 voucher?
    Ordered last weekend,no email about the voucher...

Have you received it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

Bravestaar wrote: »
    Have you received a reply yet? I ordered over 300 quid worth of stuff (28/8/15) but have yet to receive my 60 quid voucher.

Still waiting I'm afraid

Bravestaar wrote: »

would it not be one voucher per order?

Billy86 wrote:
    Went with a group a eight to a place near the hostel we were staying in, I nearly just got fast food instead because it was about 7pm ad I had been starving for the better part of an hour. We all ordered our food, and 3 of us ordered a starter as well, asking for them to go on the side (just something for everyone to nibble on) - the one I ordered was jalapeno poppers, because a few people had not tried them before. The main I ordered was paella.

Billy86 wrote:
    She sheepishly just said I could take it and didn't have to pay. I took it because it was 10pm and I had been starving for close to four hours at this point - I had got to that point where you're so hungry that you stop being hungry! Anyway, back I went to the hostel and opened the box... the chicken was still semi-raw and the rice was only half cooked. Took a picture and sent it to the rest of the group, f***ing raging.

upinthesky wrote:

I thought the exact same

Jeez I dunno what happened with the quoting there!!

upinthesky wrote: »

It specified 12 euro voucher for each 60 euro spent. That's how I read it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭whiteboard

Who do people use to return faulty items to SD?

Size 7 Runners ordered for the Mrs last week; order arrived 2 different sized shoes in box - not a happy bunny!!!
    Was looking at parcelmotel but cant find out if they will get a signature on delivery (SD recommend registered)?

Previous experience or recommendations with returns appreciated.

Thanks
    Whitey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

whiteboard wrote: »

Size 7 Runners ordered for the Mrs last week; order arrived 2 different sized shoes in box - not a happy bunny!!!
    Was looking at parcelmotel but cant find out if they will get a signature on delivery (SD recommend registered)?

Thanks
    Whitey

I returned jeans last week to Sportsdirect and used An Post. Just used ordinary post and refund was quick once they received them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

whiteboard wrote: »

Thanks
    Whitey

They will refund your postage also once its an error on their behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭whiteboard

Probably wont get the refund as I need to exchange another item for size.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

When did postage go up to 8.99?

Advertisement