Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭testtech05

I think all NIO cars are more then $45k?

I think the idea is that cars which allow for battery swapping such as NIO will be exempt from the 45k limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

testtech05 wrote: »
    I think the idea is that cars which allow for battery swapping such as NIO will be exempt from the 45k limit.

Almost like it was perfectly set up to exclude Tesla and include Nio/Xpeng.......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

You mean to imply that the Chinese Government would be participating in some form of anti - competitive or protectionist practices?

Nah..... .

It's far more likely that the Chinese see battery swap as a way of making the initial cost of acquiring an EV cheaper (is you buy one without a battery, and just rent a battery instead) :)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I think all NIO cars are more then $45k?

I can see NIO quickly enough coming out with the likes of a 25k car myself, similar strategy to Tesla, started out with the super expensive sportscar to get the small scale assembly going, then after the luxury market with high margins, and next step is to really scale production with lower priced models.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

testtech05 wrote: »

Ah your dead right, I read it arse ways.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

garrettod wrote: »

Great to see, this battery and semi conductor shortage is really holding the industry back though!

Yup - seems to be getting a mention from every car company now.

What I don't get is why the chip manufacturers can't maintain production at last year's levels, never mind increase output?

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Nio on a nice run today, got an upgrade from City at $58 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

I wanted some EV exposure so got in on NIO at $35. Late to the party I know, but better late than slightly earlier (ie when this was in the $60's) on this one.

I have watched a good few videos on the company and it seems to be a pretty impressive setup and a serious operation, I just hope it isn't all smoke and mirrors, always that fear with a Chinese outfit. Judging by how they've ramped up production it doesn't appear to be.

I got in at $50bn market cap. If NIO really is the real deal, it could 5x over 5 years imo.

• Advertisement

I got in at $50bn market cap. If NIO really is the real deal, it could 5x over 5 years imo.

I think they'll be one of the EV manufacturers to dominate the Chinese Market. The battery as a service concept seems a real winner, IMHO.

That said, I also think that it'll be a few years before we see significant growth in the value of their stock, purely because of the shortage of chips, and by extension, the limit on the number of new cars that they'll be able to produce in the next 12-18 months.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

What a day for us who are heavy into NIO. Long may it continue and hopefully it heads back up to near 60 dollars a share

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

A great week for Nio. I’m very happy I was averaged down the last few months. I do recall a few people here who sold and hopefully they don’t regret it! I expect to be holding Nio for years! If it breaks 46 on Monday it could break out with FOMO kicking in.

Let the good times roll my fellow Nio-ites

Timmaay wrote: »
    NIO still about 20% of my overall stocks/crypto portfolio, if it does pump rapidly to 45 or high 40s I may sell some and reduce my exposure to it. Still long term bullish, but I gotta go reduce the exposure of my portfolio to growth stocks with these crazy price swings.

Finally sold 20% of my Nio today for 47$, which is about 100% gain (I've lost track because I've bought and sold along the way and have NIO in both NYSE and Frankfurt). No change in my conviction on Nio but my risk tolerance is certainly changing and I'm more trying to protect my capital rather than aim for 100% growth etc.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Finally sold 20% of my Nio today for 47$, which is about 100% gain (I've lost track because I've bought and sold along the way and have NIO in both NYSE and Frankfurt). No change in my conviction on Nio but my risk tolerance is certainly changing and I'm more trying to protect my capital rather than aim for 100% growth etc.

I'm at over 200% growth. Thinking of averaging down a small bit but it's definitely a long term hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Seen this on Twitter , a 1.8B USD $NIO buy order. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Seen this on Twitter , a 1.8B USD $NIO buy order. :eek:

Not many funds with that much money to drop on NIO if it is true!

NIO Power Day on July 9.

Thanks,

G.

My portfolio was up nearly 2.9% today. Mainly due to $NIO. I’d be happy if it just breaks 50 this week. I think they’re also announcing June deliveries on June which hopefully will be positive also.

• Advertisement

Nio at 53 :)

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Nio at 53 :)

I’m very happy with all my NIO shopping in the 30’s and 40’s now :) I play on holding onto this stock for years!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I’m very happy with all my NIO shopping in the 30’s and 40’s now :) I play on holding onto this stock for years!!!

Fair play to you. My BEP is $47 soo finally in the green after what seems like an eternity in the red. EV makers are flavour of the month again. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

If you can ignore the relentless mentioning of higher lows and lower highs, then it might be of some use. He's a day trader though.

Every time I read an article about the motor industry, its mentioning the chip shortages are causing delays - this time, it was a BMW related article.

While the chip shortage must be causing a headache for the likes of NIO, its good that the wider industry is on a fairly even playing field, with regards to the problem.

Thanks,

G.

I sold 200 NIO shares when it pumped up to 55 early July (clearly looked overbought), and have bought back 250 shares the last few pullbacks in the low 40s, the aim is to sell if we get any sort of sudden pump above 55 with the likes of end of month delivery numbers or when this Chinese FUD ends. I've more NIO shares in a different account that I'm holding long term, but happy to swingtrade these and aim to make a tidy profit every month or so.

NIO delivered 21,896 cars in Q2 - that's up circa 112%, compared to the same period last year.

https://www.nio.com/news/nio-inc-provides-june-and-second-quarter-2021-delivery-update

NIO releases Q2 sales and how to value its stock, compared to Tesla, Ford and other rivals.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nio-releases-earnings-wednesday-heres-how-to-value-its-stock-compared-to-tesla-ford-and-other-rivals-11628716814

Thanks,

G.

NIO expects third-quarter 2021 deliveries in the band of 23,000-25,000 vehicles, signaling an uptick in the range of 88.4% to 104.8%.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/nios-q2-loss-narrows-sales-115811255.html

Thanks,

G.

NIO just reported their monthly and quarterly deliveries for Q3, and the numbers are above expectations!

• NIO delivered 10,628 vehicles globally in September 2021, increasing by 125.7% year-over-year
    • NIO delivered 24,439 vehicles in the three months ended September 2021, increasing by 100.2% year-over-year. This result beat the expected 22,500 to 23,500 vehicles.
    • NIO is making outstanding progress in production and deliveries. They are also pushing a foothold in Europe and on September 30, 2021, NIO opened its NIO House and completed its first batch of vehicle deliveries in Norway.

https://simplywall.st/news/stocks/us/automobiles/nyse-nio/nio/news/nio-nysenio-delivers-a-record-number-of-vehicles-here-is-whe?blueprint=1760554&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=finance_user&utm_campaign=integrated-pitch

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement

the company right now is in alot better position than when it was 64dollars 9months ago, the whole China scandal unfairly holding back the share price still. Will be interesting to see if the chip shortage continues to hold back output once this new factory starts up.

Post edited by Timmaay on

Advertisement