Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Summer: Noticeably warmer from Saturday (24th March)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Harps wrote: »

Finner reporting light rain :confused:

Nah Harps, I reckon the station is simply sweatin'... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭octo

The national record is 23.6C, doubt Belmullet will make it but a few amateur stations are already above it

Malin Head with a 5C drop to 13C and Finner with recent rain, don't know what that's all about but its 22.2C here with a heat index of 25C!

Record set in Trinity College on March 28, 1965. Sounds like Finner is acting up again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Omagh amateur station reporting maximum reached earlier of 24.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Serious day out there. Upto 20c in the city i would imagine.

A cool 17/18 by the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

23.5C here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Considering the Omagh maximum is at least 4C higher than any of the five other stations within 50km of it, including one just 7km away, I won't be taking it's readings as gospel!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

22.2c. G'wan the Mullet ya good thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    Considering the Omagh maximum is at least 4C higher than any of the five other stations within 50km of it, including one just 7km away, I won't be taking it's readings as gospel!
    It's possible that a false positive is making it read warmer temperatures than it actually is, especially as in early afternoon it's giving UV level readings well above 7. Comparing it to a cheap thermometer I have which has a sensor on a NNE facing wall it's maximum temperature so far today is 20.6c.

The station in question is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Belmullet with a 22.2C max easily beating its old record, Malin Head also beating its record with a 19.8C. Claremorris, Shannon and Valentia within 0.5C of their all time records

http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynop?lang=en&zona=uk&base=bluem&proy=orto&ano=2012&mes=03&day=27&hora=18&vtx=Tx&Send=send

Not sure what happened at Malin but after reaching nearly 20C it dropped to 12.8C by 3pm, onshore breeze maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

34.9c in sligo today. New record for March.

oops the sun was shining on my thermometer.

No in the shade it was 20.5c in Sligo today.

Thats as high as it will get here in this spell. Tomorrow 17 or 18 as the dreaded Northwesterly begins to make its slow return. Better news for the South though as parts there have missed out on the real heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I take it this will all end at 5.30p.m Friday

Warming up nicely in Cork city, currently 17.1C after a low of 7.1C. Warmest temperature of the year so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I take it this will all end at 5.30p.m Friday

Sadly yes, its due to get cooler and cloudier on Friday and over the weekend!

Slightly cooler here today but just hit 18.0C so a chance we'll break 20C for the 4th day in a row

Just looking at the 1pm reports, Cork is at 17C which beats its March record of 15.7C

Still climbing, now 18.2C.

Need to reach 21.7C to beat the warmest daily mean though, which is very unlikely.

Just looking at the 1pm reports, Cork is at 17C which beats its March record of 15.7C

Cork airport record broken again 18C as of 3pm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Up to 18.2c here now. Warmest since Sunday (when I recorded 19.3c).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

20.3C here at the moment.

19.9C in Cork city now... almost at the first 20C of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snazzy_Chazzy

Ya reckon it will be tanning weather tommorow? i think friday will be nice but no tans

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

28/03/2012 16:00 21.1 °C 64 % 1037.2 hPa
    28/03/2012 15:40 21.4 °C 64 % 1037.4 hPa
    28/03/2012 15:20 21.7 °C 61 % 1037.4 hPa
    28/03/2012 15:00 21.1 °C 65 % 1037.9 hPa
    28/03/2012 14:40 20.2 °C 64 % 1038.0 hPa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!! loving it. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Will it be like this next week too? I'd love to get a proper day of this beautiful weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Will it be like this next week too? I'd love to get a proper day of this beautiful weather.

Not looking like it, enjoy the next day or so.

Reached 20.1C, so highest of the year so far. Currently 18.1C and falling away steadily enough. Dissertation will be finished this evening, so I might actually have time to enjoy the sun tomorrow!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

5 really nice clear blue sky days in a row now, should get another in tomorrow before normal service resumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

didnt break 20c in sligo today. only got 18.8c

not bad for March.

gone all foggy now and think some cloud behind that.

no wall to wall sun tomorrow except South of Ireland maybe.

A diurnal range of 20.3C in Mullingar yesterday. Max of 19.4C, min of -0.9C.

Not often we get that kind of range in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Will this heat never end? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    A diurnal range of 20.3C in Mullingar yesterday. Max of 19.4C, min of -0.9C.

Not often we get that kind of range in Ireland.
    Amazing! The only time I ever saw a range as great as that would have been December 25-26 '10 when we had a rapid thaw.
    We're not far past the equinox and the nights are just about long enough for temps to plummet under clear skies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Currently 18c in Waterford.

Advertisement