Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Summer: Noticeably warmer from Saturday (24th March)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

There's a website with details of near-real time data of weather conditions based in Omagh, and yesterday it reached a peak of 21.5 degrees, worth following for me locally during unusual weather especially as the closest main Met Office weather station is Castlederg about 15 miles away and conditions can change over short distances here in western Tyrone.

Looking at it now, it might break 21 degrees again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Sitting in the garden here outside newry 18.8 degrees having an ice cold can of coke and looking at the Cooley and mourne mountains keep telling myself it's only march

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Hasn't warmed up too much in Cork city, just 15.4C now. At least we have blue skies!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Unbelievable weather in Kerry today. Not a puff of wind or a cloud in the sky all day, havnt checked but i'd say it definitely hit 20 degrees or so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Once again the sun trap that is my back yard is showing a blistering 23.2c!!! Not at home to check it against the mercuary guage to see how it compares. Either way another glorious day out there folks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not as warm here as yesterday. Max (so far) of 16.7c. Recorded a RH of 31% earlier.

Currently 18.2c ATM on my thermometer, clear blue skies. What's even more interesting for me is that the hygrometer is giving a humidity measurement of just 38% - pretty uncommon to see humidity that low here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Another Cracker in Newbridge today , got higher than Yesterday with today maxing out at 24.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

20.3C max here, not quite as high as yesterday but no noticeable difference. The humidity is really noticeable, my throat kept drying up as I was walking home, got as low as 36% here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Can't believe how quiet it is here with near record temperatures for march being set if it was record low temperatures for march this place would be buzzing with snow bunnies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Can't believe how quiet it is here with near record temperatures for march being set if it was record low temperatures for march this place would be buzzing with snow bunnies

Perhaps we are all out enjoying it while it lasts

And Bellmullet hit new record today of 20.3 c for march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Amazing weather. Hard to believe it's still only March :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wait until we hit the mid 20's, we'll have people in here complaining that its too hot and they want some rain :rolleyes:

Great to still have bright daylight this time of the evening, really feels like summer this week :)

Great view of the Moon and Venus out there right now as well, clearly visible even with the sky still bright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

redsunset wrote: »

20.4 °C according to the 18Z synop.

[SIZE=-1]AAXX 26181[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]03976 12974 01603 10156 20109 30310 40322 55001 69902
    333 10204=

[/SIZE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Wait until we hit the mid 20's, we'll have people in here complaining that its too hot and they want some rain :rolleyes:

Wont be long untill we need some. Lets hope the water butt craze can keep us going another week :)

Lovelu weather out. Skies are just as lovely at night too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max of 15.8c today with a gusty SE wind keeping it cooler but it did ease off in the late afternoon. Smashing day overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

It's a great little country :D . What's it going to be like at the weekend and next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

redsunset wrote: »

Drove down the night before to the farm near Belmullet - an amazing day was had:cool: Bit sore from sunburn now though having left my summer hat in Blessington!!:(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Finally I got some reasonably clear skies on a Monday night to get some stargazing done.
    I put the scopes on the front step at about 8pm, and I got to go out after completion of my college assignment at about 1am to thermally-stable scopes. Seeing wasn't too good at ~2 arcsec blurs (epsilon lyra wasn't an easy split in the 100mm), but I could see Cassini's on Saturn reasonably easily, as well as Cydonia and the polar ice cap on Mars. There was a lot of fine dust or other small particulates suspended in the atmosphere as the tranparency just wasn't there and there was a fine halo around anything bright and all deep-sky extended objects were really hard to see.
    It was a nice warm night till half two or so when I went to bed, with no dew on my scopes - this was a refreshing change from the usual! No fog either at that stage.
    Tonight I'll try to be out earlier to get a few video clips of Jupiter, venus, and the Moon if the seeing has improved.
    It's really good to have proper sunshine during the day and clean clear skies at night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You probably should have posted that on the Astronomy board! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The Mullet was at 19.9 in the 12z and over 1c warmer than anywhere else, G'wan the Mullet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

That budweiser app from last summer would have been handy now with parts of ulster and connacht topping 20c by noon. Warmer than what I saw most of last summer!

Omagh reporting 24.0 degrees currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

21c at Bellymullet on 2pm reports, which could be anything between 20.5c to 21.4c which breaks yesterday's record.

Absolutely stunning day here, best of the week so far with the slight cooling breeze of the past few days gone. 22.1C and still rising

Belmullet at 21C on the 2pm report, another new record there today!

Finner reporting light rain :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The Mullet was at 19.9 in the 12z and over 1c warmer than anywhere else, G'wan the Mullet!
    21c now, yesterday's March record didn't last long.
    Only 19c at Valentia, I would expect it to be higher due to the Reeks and a light easterly - I've seen some unusually high temps there over the years in a set up like this.
    17.2c at the moment but feels much warmer after yesterday's chilly wind.
    Light rain at Finner- next Sunday is April 1st not today!
    http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

21c at Bellymullet on 2pm reports, which could be anything between 20.5c to 21.4c which breaks yesterday's record.

22c on the 3pm reports! :D

Another record gone. Lasted all but an hour :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Currently 22.8 in south kerry...
    Wind is down to 1.1km/h but it was gusty earlier.

• Advertisement

The national record is 23.6C, doubt Belmullet will make it but a few amateur stations are already above it

Malin Head with a 5C drop to 13C and Finner with recent rain, don't know what that's all about but its 22.2C here with a heat index of 25C!

Advertisement