Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 KaylaC

I'm in at 9am Saturday morning too for a re test on the beep test

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Donnat1986

I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Would people think it would be a case that I just do the medical after the pregnancy or would I be kicked out?

Hey Holland, firstly congrats!! I was pregnant last year and had to DEFER my *fitness test* so I don't think there would be any problem deferring a medical. Your file should just be put to the back until the baby arrives and you pick up where you left off. I know this from experienced. Just tip off HRM and take it from there ✌️✌️

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

Hello all,

Has anyone heard of any horror stories of probation Garda being stationed miles / different counties away from where they live?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Goddard wrote: »
    Hello all,

Has anyone heard of any horror stories of probation Garda being stationed miles / different counties away from where they live?

Well you will be stationed in a different county...that's almost a certainty...if you live in Dublin, Cork, Limerick etc. you can be based there but anywhere else you'll be in a different county.

If you have no ties i.e. mortgage, kids etc. you could be sent anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Beamere90 wrote: »
    I'm in at 9 am what time did you get?

I am in at 12
    Anyone around that time ??

• Advertisement

KaylaC wrote: »
    I'm in at 9am Saturday morning too for a re test on the beep test

Is the beep test hard ?? What did you get to
    And i didn't know you can repeat that

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

Neisey13 wrote: »
    I've mine first thing tomorrow - I'll let ye know then!
    How did the medical go for you?

AliHH wrote: »
    Is the beep test hard ?? What did you get to
    And i didn't know you can repeat that

Its tough if your not a runner, I got 6.5 and I done it two weeks ago but I'm getting around 8 now and that's only with two weeks practicing. Ya you can repeat but you only get 2 chances

Its tough if your not a runner, I got 6.5 and I done it two weeks ago but I'm getting around 8 now and that's only with two weeks practicing. Ya you can repeat but you only get 2 chances

Thanks for that advice
    See i am fit enough like i lift weights good bit actually but i am not much of a runner i do speed ten for around 8 min straight after my sessions so should that help you think

Thanks for that advice
    See i am fit enough like i lift weights good bit actually but i am not much of a runner i do speed ten for around 8 min straight after my sessions so should that help you think

I was the same only lifted weights and did a good bit of hiking. Its hard to say but if you do any bit of exercise at all that raises your heart rate you should have a good shot at it! Download the beep test app and give it a go for the next two days and then rest Friday and see how you get on

• Advertisement

I was the same only lifted weights and did a good bit of hiking. Its hard to say but if you do any bit of exercise at all that raises your heart rate you should have a good shot at it! Download the beep test app and give it a go for the next two days and then rest Friday and see how you get on

Thanks again i think that's the best thing to do.

And can you tell me if you fail the beep will they let you do the others.. or send you home?

And what are they like with you on the day nice i hope lol
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tamkuj

User152875 wrote: »
    Was this it no bloods or urine sample ?

O yeah, I forgot about that. There was an urine test

Witcher wrote: »
    Well you will be stationed in a different county...that's almost a certainty...if you live in Dublin, Cork, Limerick etc. you can be based there but anywhere else you'll be in a different county.

If you have no ties i.e. mortgage, kids etc. you could be sent anywhere.

Do you know what is the "name" of the appeal you can put to Garda and stay in your own County? Since I have kids I need to stay closest to home as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

tamkuj wrote: »
    Do you know what is the "name" of the appeal you can put to Garda and stay in your own County? Since I have kids I need to stay closest to home as possible.

A welfare case. It will be explained to you when you start in the college. You'll have plenty of time to put it in.

User 1234 wrote: »
    A welfare case. It will be explained to you when you start in the college. You'll have plenty of time to put it in.

Thank you! So are we really going in to college or is it going to be like someone mentioned earlier in this group, that there is no college but straight in to a Garda station?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

tamkuj wrote: »
    Thank you! So are we really going in to college or is it going to be like someone mentioned earlier in this group, that there is no college but straight in to a Garda station?
    I heard 3 Wks online , 3 Wks in the collage then out to a station in a purely observant role & back to collage at some stage.

Thanks again i think that's the best thing to do.

And can you tell me if you fail the beep will they let you do the others.. or send you home?

And what are they like with you on the day nice i hope lol
    Thanks again

Even if you fail the beep test you have to go on and do everything else which is good! If you fail the beep and pass everything else you only have to repeat the beep test.
    They are lovely and so is everyone else you meet on the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

High blood pressure would hardly stop you passing the medical would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Sparky92 wrote: »
    I heard 3 Wks online , 3 Wks in the collage then out to a station in a purely observant role & back to collage at some stage.

For may intake they completed 3 weeks online, 1 week in templemore and this week are out on placement in a station for initially 12weeks then back to templemore for the remainder

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

Doyler8642 wrote: »
    High blood pressure would hardly stop you passing the medical would it?

If you have high bp I’d advise getting a 24hr monitor and have the report with you on the day , cause more then likely oc health will ask for one to see if you are okay In normal circumstances, and not just high with the doctor

Or if you are on medication, you will be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

Does anyone know if we get notified if we pass/fail the medical ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AgentBouncy

Anyone here that did their PCT on the 19th of June hear anything about the medicals yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

User152875 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we get notified if we pass/fail the medical ?

They told me on the spot that I passed this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Niamhlol wrote: »
    Yeah that’s really what I was asking.
    In terms of allowances, unsocial hours etc. And also in terms of transferring pension.

I’m assuming you have experience

The allowances (big cheque) on the old roster was worth about 6k per year pre tax for new starts but its less now with the roster change.(I went through 1 roster and added in all the allowances so its an estimate) Dont rely on it.
    The 184 add 25 per day in a station but that may only have been temp during covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LP404

Anyone submitted their GP form, how many days between before you called up for your PCT and how fast do they reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Comot73

LP404 wrote: »
    Anyone submitted their GP form, how many days between before you called up for your PCT and how fast do they reply?

My housemate received his email monday, sent if off tuesday signed , and had his PCT that saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fay711

Just wondering if anyone who done PCT testing on the 12th of June or the 19th of June have heard about their medicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 steviebb

Hi lads, passed my medical today the doctor told me as soon as he was finished with the examination. Just wondering if there is a whatsapp group set up for the july intake as im hoping i will be part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

steviebb wrote: »
    Hi lads, passed my medical today the doctor told me as soon as he was finished with the examination. Just wondering if there is a whatsapp group set up for the july intake as im hoping i will be part of it.

Nice one fairplay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Donnat1986

LP404 wrote: »

For me it was nearly 4 weeks, I'd to ring them and ask for a date or to be put on a cancellation list. For others it was a matter of days 🀷ðŸ»*♀️ðŸ’*♀️

Advertisement