Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

you gonna wait for the case or you gonna risk it and use the phone straight away

I already transfer all apps over from the S10 plus to the ultra already. Will use the S10 till my case arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭kave2

feargantae wrote: »
    I ordered on the 19th, 256GB normal S21 and it still says processing. No dispatch or tracking yet. I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for this to come haha

Same, ordered S21 ultra 256Gb silver on 19th. Still processing. I cannot wait, it was a while since I was so excited about a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭feargantae

I ordered on the 19th, 256GB normal S21 and it still says processing. No dispatch or tracking yet. I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for this to come haha

Just received a text from Nightline to say it's coming tomorrow and I'll receive a 2hr slot. Can't wait now!

The website still says processing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Just received a text from Nightline to say it's coming tomorrow and I'll receive a 2hr slot. Can't wait now!

The website still says processing.

Same here due tomorrow, Nightline

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭kave2

Just received mail and text. Delivery tomorrow. Niiice.

8oc46U2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,892 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I guess I'll have to go with the S21 Ultra 5G 256GB model

The 512GB is not list and don't seem to be online in any irish retailer

€162 for the year is not bad. €15 a month is another option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭feargantae

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I guess I'll have to go with the S21 Ultra 5G 256GB model

The 512GB is not list and don't seem to be online in any irish retailer

€162 for the year is not bad. €15 a month is another option

Hmm, Chill are €13/pm for the S21 256GB. They seem to be the only ones with a quote for the S21 series now.

I'm with Mobile Phone Insurance Direct who can't sell new policies due to Brexit but they said they can give me a quote for the S21 when i have the IMEI to hand. Hoping for cheaper than €13pm! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andrefrb

kave2 wrote: »
    Just received mail and text. Delivery tomorrow. Niiice.

Same here too! Finally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Good to hear that orders from the 19th have a delivery date. My confirmation date should be sent tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Anyone notice the edges of the screen of the ultra are a little sharp, my s8 were super smooth, is anyone else the same

Anyone notice the edges of the screen of the ultra are a little sharp, my s8 were super smooth, is anyone else the same

Panic over I didn't realise there was a Preinstalled screen protector on the ultra that would explain the rough edges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Planning to purchase a new Android phone this year. Do you guys think the S21 will be the best pick of the bunch this year or is there any other new releases planned for later in the year?

Irish94 wrote: »
    Planning to purchase a new Android phone this year. Do you guys think the S21 will be the best pick of the bunch this year or is there any other new releases planned for later in the year?

The new Note will be out much later in the year, around August / September time.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭DubLad69

Panic over I didn't realise there was a Preinstalled screen protector on the ultra that would explain the rough edges

Just FYI you will still need to buy a screen protector. The one that's on it isn't meant to be left on. It's just a cover for shipping.

• Advertisement

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Just FYI you will still need to buy a screen protector. The one that's on it isn't meant to be left on. It's just a cover for shipping.

It looks like a very solid screen protector, don't usually every use screen protectors i just use a good case. Have my s8 plus since launch no screen protector and not a scratch on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

DubLad69 wrote: »

The phone comes with a pre-applied screen protector and a protective film for packaging. You can remove both if you wish but the second is for protection.

Most of tempered glass protectors don't work well with the ultrasonic fingerprint reader.

very impressed so far, few very small issues with the smart switch app

Screen is amazing and the 16GB ram is too

Impressed with the Buds Pro, have to try and get used to them and try not walk under a car when im walking :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

Well if you know any students you can get 15% discount on unidays website so would save you over another €100

no sure im older now so dont reallty know many who would be in college,pity as i would have went for it, anywhere else you could get a discount code do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bexiturley

I have a €50 off code, just got it in email if anyone wants it? Dm me.

Code gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Inquitus wrote: »
    The new Note will be out much later in the year, around August / September time.

The Note is larger in size is it? Presume other than the Note then, no new releases are rumoured?

bexiturley wrote: »
    I have a €50 off code, just got it in email if anyone wants it? Dm me.

pm sent

Anyone's accessories Case/Charger etc get shipped yet, put these orders in after ordering the phone itself

thanks to bexiturley for the discunt code, with the trade in i paid €809 for the phantom silver 256GB Galaxy S21 ultra so it's less than what i was expecting,looking forward to receiving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Anyone's accessories Case/Charger etc get shipped yet, put these orders in after ordering the phone itself

I was told yesterday on a call to customer services my charger would not arrive with phone as it was out of stock Although it was in stock when I ordered so not too sure how they are allocating stock to orders.
    I was also told mine was shipping yesterday but I received no tracking info so not hopeful it is even sent yet.
    I ordered mine on the 15th and still see it is processing... if this is delayed and I do not receive the phone by launch day it will be canceled and I will wait until it is reduced in a few months to save some money.

pmce4 wrote: »
    I was told yesterday on a call to customer services my charger would not arrive with phone as it was out of stock Although it was in stock when I ordered so not too sure how they are allocating stock to orders.
    I was also told mine was shipping yesterday but I received no tracking info so not hopeful it is even sent yet.
    I ordered mine on the 15th and still see it is processing... if this is delayed and I do not receive the phone by launch day it will be canceled and I will wait until it is reduced in a few months to save some money.

New update it is in the warehouse shipping for delivery tomorrow with all items so phone, charger, case, buds and tag

15:30 - 17:30 slot, working US hours this week, so that sucks, would have been nice if it came this morning and I could have spent that time exploring the device :(

New update it is in the warehouse shipping for delivery tomorrow with all items so phone, charger, case, buds and tag

Did you get an email or have to call customer service again?

Did you get an email or have to call customer service again?

Rang them again getting through is pot luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone get a return envelope for the trade in?

Iirc it came with the delivery of the phone previously.

• Advertisement

Rang them again getting through is pot luck

I'm going to give them a call to see can I speed things along.

The case I got is a lot chunkier than I expected

More than likely I'm so used to my slimer s10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

regretting going through carphone warehouse now, guess ill just sit here and use my note 9 :(

The case I got is a lot chunkier than I expected

More than likely I'm so used to my slimer s10

which case did you go for?

yabadabado wrote: »
    Anyone get a return envelope for the trade in?

Iirc it came with the delivery of the phone previously.

Never got one, emailed them about it and they said we should get the envelope 7 days after recieving the phone

which case did you go for?

This one

https://shop.samsung.com/ie/galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-protective-standing-cover-black

Still finding it tricky having the volume buttons on the right side and not the left like the s10

This one

https://shop.samsung.com/ie/galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-protective-standing-cover-black

Still finding it tricky having the volume buttons on the right side and not the left like the s10

Same case, but my current case is one of the heavy duty spiegen cases, so hopefully not much more bulkier then that

i only ordered today, have many or anyone received the phone yet?

Well my case was just posted, finally can start using the phone tomorrow :D

• Advertisement

The Earbuds Pro are better sounding than the old ones got with my S10, very impressed with the phone so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Reati

It'll ship on launch day. I've seen that before and won't arrive till Monday.

I don't know why they do Friday launches. Thursday be better for shipping.

I got everything in the box except for the stylus, I did get 2 Smart Tags mind, along with the Earbuds Pro, Case and Phone!

Reati wrote: »
    It'll ship on launch day. I've seen that before and won't arrive till Monday.

I don't know why they do Friday launches. Thursday be better for shipping.

Mine will be here tomorrow got email shipping with nightline

Inquitus wrote: »
    I got everything in the box except for the stylus, I did get 2 Smart Tags mind, along with the Earbuds Pro, Case and Phone!

AFAIK the stylus didn't come free with the phone

Did you get 2 free tags or buy an extra 1 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Link to a quick bunch of photos I took at 0.6x, 1x, 3x, 10x, 30x, 100x

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g1usayy6r16gk7n/AABh2GDbAGEpbL4W0liEEW2Ca?dl=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Did anyone who ordered 256GB from Samsung get dispatch email. Friend ordered on 22nd and nothing yet

dan786 wrote: »
    Did anyone who ordered 256GB from Samsung get dispatch email. Friend ordered on 22nd and nothing yet

I ordered 23rd. Didn't hear anything. Emailed for an update and was told it'd arrive by tomorrow but not holding my breath on that given no delivery emails yet.

Reati wrote: »
    I ordered 23rd. Didn't hear anything. Emailed for an update and was told it'd arrive by tomorrow but not holding my breath on that given no delivery emails yet.

I believe they are shipping in first pre-orders and on. Lots of boards members who ordered on launch day already have their phones. I ordered on the 15th and mine is arriving this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

dan786 wrote: »

I received 256gb on Tuesday, ordered from Samsung on 15th.

I believe they are shipping in first pre-orders and on. Lots of boards members who ordered on launch day already have their phones. I ordered on the 15th and mine is arriving this afternoon.

Yeah I'd expected something like that and in no rush like, just surprised they promised Friday for my order and no sign of any communication.

• Advertisement
Advertisement