Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BeaGil

Im moving in to Parkside, can anyone advise on bin companies that are avail in the area? Any recommendations on the cheapest option?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

We're very interested in this area too. Does anyone know what prices the new phase will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mrs K

BeaGil wrote: »
    Im moving in to Parkside, can anyone advise on bin companies that are avail in the area? Any recommendations on the cheapest option?

We got city bin. Reasonable 206 per year i think

• Registered Users Posts: 41 wayguk

Hi all,

I am very interested in these houses, all reports seem positive so far :)
    Can anyone tell me how exactly the Solar system works and integrates into the house electrics?
    I understand that it cannot sell back to the grid, so I was wondering how do you tell the performance of the panels (is there a meter you can read?) also where is the inverter unit located in the house?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Myself and my wife have put a deposit on one of the houses in the next phase - after much consideration. Anyone else in the same boat? We were told the houses will be completed in late summer/autumn - anyone get a more specific timeframe than that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 andreip

Prunty wrote: »
    Myself and my wife have put a deposit on one of the houses in the next phase - after much consideration. Anyone else in the same boat? We were told the houses will be completed in late summer/autumn - anyone get a more specific timeframe than that?

Phase 2 for E/F type houses?
    I understand May/June 2017 some of these will be done

andreip wrote: »
    Phase 2 for E/F type houses?
    I understand May/June 2017 some of these will be done

I thought the types of houses only went from type A - D. Haven't seen any reference to e or f in my research, wouldn't argue with a completion date in June mind.

You said you put the deposit, then, which type of house you chose?
    3 (type E) or 4 (type F) bedrooms or corner house (I think G)?
    I presume you are aware for what you put that deposit...

E, F, G are improved types of previous A-D types e.g. window on hall for semi-detached

• Registered Users Posts: 6 markyH

Hi all, I like the look of Parkside but it seems that all the south facing / west facing ones are sold. Has anyone got a north / east facing back garden? Do you get the sun at the end of your back garden at all?

Looking at type F1 (only 6 in the development)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 wayguk

Hi,

Does anyone happen to have floor plan measurements for the type A houses? I would like more detail than what is in the catalogue. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Put my name down for a 'B' build in the next phase - looking forward to it!

Question for you that have bought this year - I'm a first time buyer and entitled to the Help to Buy scheme from the government. Have any of you used that for Parkside?

The sales person said I could take that from the deposit (so effectively you'd pay 5% deposit assuming you qualify for the full rebate) - did you do that? Did it hold up the contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Vonvon

markyH wrote:
    Hi all, I like the look of Parkside but it seems that all the south facing / west facing ones are sold. Has anyone got a north / east facing back garden? Do you get the sun at the end of your back garden at all?

I would also like to know about the garden sun exposure! My husband and I have reserved a B house in 2nd phase with a north facing garden. Would really appreciate anyone in existing houses with the same garden sharing sun infoðŸ‘

Vonvon wrote: »
    I would also like to know about the garden sun exposure! My husband and I have reserved a B house in 2nd phase with a north facing garden. Would really appreciate anyone in existing houses with the same garden sharing sun infoðŸ‘

We bought a west facing type b. We only moved in in November so not much sun around at the moment. We get some sun in the back garden around 11.20 until 2 or 3 oclock

Nearer summer time the sun will be higher so we should have the sun in our back garden from 11ish till evening time.

I used to visit the house at different times before we bought just to see where the sun would be.
    Depending on the size of the garden a north facing garden might get no sun or just sun at the very end.
    If there is a gap beside the side of house you may get some sun from the east or west.

I would try and visit house at noon on a sunny day to get a feel for the house.

Garden centres will give good advice on suitable plants for north facing gardens.
    Also the front of house will bask in sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Vonvon

Mrs K wrote:
    I used to visit the house at different times before we bought just to see where the sun would be. Depending on the size of the garden a north facing garden might get no sun or just sun at the very end. If there is a gap beside the side of house you may get some sun from the east or west.

Mrs K wrote:
    We bought a west facing type b. We only moved in in November so not much sun around at the moment. We get some sun in the back garden around 11.20 until 2 or 3 oclock

Mrs K wrote:
    Nearer summer time the sun will be higher so we should have the sun in our back garden from 11ish till evening time.

Mrs K wrote:

Mrs K wrote:
    I used to visit the house at different times before we bought just to see where the sun would be. Depending on the size of the garden a north facing garden might get no sun or just sun at the very end. If there is a gap beside the side of house you may get some sun from the east or west.

Mrs K wrote:

Mrs K wrote:

Mrs K wrote:

Mrs K wrote:
    I would try and visit house at noon on a sunny day to get a feel for the house.

Mrs K wrote:
    Garden centres will give good advice on suitable plants for north facing gardens. Also the front of house will bask in sunshine.

Thanks for that. Were buying from the plans in second phase so unfortunately I can't visit it just yet. I really hope its not too dark..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deedee34

Hi, just put a deposit down for 4 bed end of terrace house on the court which is due to be completed by July. Does anyone know are the completion dates generally on time? Would love if it was earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saleem1234

Hi , I have just paid the deposit. Need a good solicitor to complete the transaction. Can any one please PM with solicitor details who is already aware of Parkside documentation. Need to close the deal asap.
    Thanks

I bought in site 2A (the Walk) and they are aiming for a July finish date so I don't think the Court will be July as they haven't even cleared the site yet. Site 2A is already half built.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saleem1234

My question is related to Type B 3 bed house, has anyone looked into converting the attic? Is it convertible?
    Today I myself checked one of the B type house attic, it looks like there is whole insulation and circulation system for solar panels installed in it. There were thick long pipes on the roof, a huge box (may be radiator) on the middle of the floor and a control panel on the side wall. There are also Cross beams throughout the attic space.
    To me it seems imposssible to do anything in B type house attic but the sales lady told me it can be converted but an engineer's help will be required and will cost a lot.
    Any suggestion on the conversion possibility and cost please.

• Advertisement

Just a quick question for those living in parkside already or those who have bought off plans but are at the stage of signing/having signed contracts. To what level did people manage to customise the house? Did anyone manage to get window sizes changed? Were you able to supply paint or light fixtures for installation instead of the stock fittings used in show houses? Could you dictate the amount of paving featured innl the garden? Would appreciate any advice people could offer either by DM or a posted reply as myself and my wife have just paid a deposit and are hoping to make some changes.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Just a quick question for those living in parkside already or those who have bought off plans but are at the stage of signing/having signed contracts. To what level did people manage to customise the house? Did anyone manage to get window sizes changed? Were you able to supply paint or light fixtures for installation instead of the stock fittings used in show houses? Could you dictate the amount of paving featured innl the garden? Would appreciate any advice people could offer either by DM or a posted reply as myself and my wife have just paid a deposit and are hoping to make some changes.Thanks

+1 on that

That's interesting. Do you know if they're taking deposits on phase 2b yet? And will they be building over where the prefab primary school is in the future?

good question, I'm interesting to find the answer too.

On reflection I should have started this post with 'just a number of quick questions' - still any help greatly appreciated, won't bombard you with follow up questions. Thanks

Anyone know if they're taking deposits on phase 2b yet? And will there be a further phase where the current primary school is?
    Hi Little Bess, I was told they won't be selling 2B until all other houses in previous phases are sold out. By that time i am guessing the developer will be registered for the home to buy scheme and the houses will increase in price. I bought in 2A which is right next to it. The prefabs for the school will be demolished in a year or two and a new phase will be built there. I'm guessing it will be social housing as apparently there will be no social housing in any of the current phases selling.

Hi Marky H, thanks for the info, I might take a trip over there at the weekend and have another look. It's a bit frustrating for us as we have to wait another few months for mortgage approval, but would love to buy there before prices go up too much!

saleem1234 wrote: »
    My question is related to Type B 3 bed house, has anyone looked into converting the attic? Is it convertible?
    Today I myself checked one of the B type house attic, it looks like there is whole insulation and circulation system for solar panels installed in it. There were thick long pipes on the roof, a huge box (may be radiator) on the middle of the floor and a control panel on the side wall. There are also Cross beams throughout the attic space.
    To me it seems imposssible to do anything in B type house attic but the sales lady told me it can be converted but an engineer's help will be required and will cost a lot.
    Any suggestion on the conversion possibility and cost please.

Hi Saleem, if you look a few pages back you'll find a post about attic conversions.

Plans for units where temporary schools are. You can check on Dublin City Council website planning
    http://www.dublincity.ie/AniteIM.WebSearch/Results.aspx?grdResultsP=3

• Advertisement

Mrs K, that link isn't working. Do you have a the planning ref?

Advertisement