Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

b4bmm wrote: »
    All I know is irish brokers are a total rip off compared to peers internationally. At least there were when I checked last a few years ago. But what else would you expect. Others here can comment better than me regarding irish costs but for my Australian brokerage you pay trade fee of $20 up to $10,000 trade value $30 up to $20,000 trade value and so on from there.

Interactive Brokers charge .08% (min $6AUD) for AUD trades so a $10,000 trade would cost $8AUD, $20,000 would cost $16AUD etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Will try and get in on PLS and TAW more also but I am expecting them to pull back more, so will wait. Ryanair on the up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Logged on to degiro last night expecting my bank transfer to have gone through but it hadn't. Looking at PLS at 93cent and not being able to buy was extremely frustrating. Back to 99cent now and I can't see it dropping back again.

Got Ryanair at 14.80 last month so very happy with the increases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

LG1234 wrote: »
    Logged on to degiro last night expecting my bank transfer to have gone through but it hadn't. Looking at PLS at 93cent and not being able to buy was extremely frustrating. Back to 99cent now and I can't see it dropping back again.

Got Ryanair at 14.80 last month so very happy with the increases.

trustly option ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ctomas

Hi folks, I.was looking into shares of Dominos and there seems to be 3 options to purchase. 1 the main US company 2 Uk company 3 Aussie company.
    There are differences between all, they have rights in different areas and it seems the Aussie one has the best growth and lowest debt. Anyone have any info or interest in this stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,041 ✭✭✭✭neris

I think the uk listing is the master franchisee for the UK and related to sales in the uk (and possibly ireland) only and not Dominos globally. The head of Dominos is rumored to be on the list of candidates to take over the Chipotle mexican restaurant chain in the states, when they went into dominos the share price was around €30 and they got it up to over €150 within a few years.

Yea, chipotle is another option, they seem to have doubled their store count in the last few years but halved the share price. They cant seem to catch a break but food is good from what I remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,041 ✭✭✭✭neris

ctomas wrote: »
    Yea, chipotle is another option, they seem to have doubled their store count in the last few years but halved the share price. They cant seem to catch a break but food is good from what I remember!

a few cases of bad food poisoning across a chain tends to hammer a food brand and its share price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Going to call Hive Blockchain Technology as a 2018 Share pick, been invested in this since last year. Earning are due end of February, it's been trading sideways the last few months with a lot of share dilution and shares in lock up becoming free trading.
    It's been listed in 2 new ETF's with a heavy basket rating in them, it's listed with IBM, Microsoft, Nvidia, Intel etc and this company hasn't released any earning but it's next 2 earning reports will be stellar.
    Currently trading around 3.20 Canadian dollars. I'm hoping this doubles or quadruples by March with a lot higher expectation for Q3.

Blok ETF listings https://amplifyetfs.com/blok-holdings

FT https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/summary?s=HIVE:CVE

Old analysis doesn't take into account rise in the price of ETH and new Swedish mine now online mining bitcoin https://medium.com/@blockxcapital/hive-blockchain-technologies-ltd-hive-the-base-case-for-268-upside-596a695b9331

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Presume you can't buy BLOK etf using an Irish broker now? DeGiro? Do you mind me asking who you buy it through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Ah sorry just re-read and seen you are talking about Hive as opposed to the ETF!

Presume you can't buy BLOK etf using an Irish broker now? DeGiro? Do you mind me asking who you buy it through?

I buy Hive through Degiro, no don't think you can buy an ETF here anymore. Think the underlying stocks will out perform the ETT anyway but it's being doing ok volume and price wise since launch last week.

I'd love for someone to work out possible revenues based on Hash rate etc like the article I linked to, just blindly it's at least 4x that price target, $30-$50 per share come march. Will be interesting to see what happens but the current price will be a distant memory by then I'm betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Nice boost to Tawana today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

? Down over 15% in the last week.
    Wombatman wrote: »
    Nice boost to Tawana today.

Bought in again to Friday Night Inc on the dip. Nice jump today already.

Yea just been watching it, bought more hive yesterday and spent the little I'd left over on some more Friday Night..

Bought in again to Friday Night Inc on the dip. Nice jump today already.

Well Moose finished up 20.48% today, what's tomorrow's strategy, sell and wait for the dip:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Yea just been watching it, bought more hive yesterday and spent the little I'd left over on some more Friday Night..

What has you so convinced on Hive being a winner?

OwlsZat wrote: »

Because of the amount of money it's making per day, We only have results for the last 12 days of September (Q2 financials). In this first 12 days it made $170,819 and a mining margin of $112,959.
    Look at the price of ETH on the 1st or Sept and ETH price now and tell me how much there making a day just on mining.
    That article I linked to above is worth 10 minutes of your time.

Because of the amount of money it's making per day, We only have results for the last 12 days of September (Q2 financials). In this first 12 days it made $170,819 and a mining margin of $112,959.
    Look at the price of ETH on the 1st or Sept and ETH price now and tell me how much there making a day just on mining.

Sorry didn't see that. I'll certainly give it a read. Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

But again if ETH tanks they will tank and their gains arent a fraction of ETHs gains in that time, nowhere near, it still seems like all the risk for none of the reward.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    But again if ETH tanks they will tank and their gains arent a fraction of ETHs gains in that time, nowhere near, it still seems like all the risk for none of the reward.

Why aren't their gains a fraction of the ETH gains there mining and hoarding at a fraction of the price people are paying for it. They made 66% margin in their first 12 days.
    Did you read the analysis I linked to above in my first post would like your take on it.
    I see the bullish estimate being blown out of the water but you probably have a better idea if this mining side of it stands up to scrutiny.
    Current price of ETH probably puts the share price around $30.
    The price has never recovered since the early release of shares from lockup. Think it'll be back to $6 before earnings and then rocket.
    (All based on the crypto marker not imploding in the next 5 weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Why aren't their gains a fraction of the ETH gains there mining and hoarding at a fraction of the price people are paying for it. They made 66% margin in their first 12 days.
    Did you read the analysis I linked to above in my first post would like your take on it.
    I see the bullish estimate being blown out of the water but you probably have a better idea if this mining side of it stands up to scrutiny.
    Current price of ETH probably puts the share price around $30.
    The price has never recovered since the early release of shares from lockup. Think it'll be back to $6 before earnings and then rocket.
    (All based on the crypto marker not imploding in the next 5 weeks)

Seems odd that investors aren't jumping all over it going by their margins

Prezatch wrote: »
    Seems odd that investors aren't jumping all over it going by their margins

From my own calcs, I know ETH has risen by 400% since they released their first 12 days earnings end of september. That means there generating 74,174 in revenue daily with 66% margin giving (54,695).
    We also know that is due to increase x10 but won't be reflected in the Q3 results as the sweden operation only came online the 15th of January.

Put that all together with shares outstanding and i'm getting a 12mt EPS per share of .75c ( we know it's going to get bigger again this year through more expansion but I haven't factored that in), it closed yesterday at 2.94, giving a p/e ratio of 4. It should at a minimum be trading at a p/e of 10 when earnings are released in feb which will give a 155% upside in sp from where we are now.

Now it's a start up on a venture exchange that might explain the low take up and it's only released 12 days earning but there are good investors behind this and it is bringing the largest crypto miner in the world to the capital markets.

It has positive free cash flow, no debt and high cash flow margin. I'm not seeing a downside only the space it's operating in which is Crypto/Blockchain and none of us are fully sure where that is going but they mine virgin traceable Ethereum and that looks like the go to crypto going forward if the members of the Ethereum Alliance is anything to go by.

Would love someone to pick holes in that estimate but I think it's a pretty pessimistic outlook as it is.

Just listened to a recent interview with the CEO of Hive Frank Holmes, 1 million a week in revenue by April, 75% gross margin. 25million in free cash flow. He says it's should be trading with a p/e of 40.
    Means my numbers are off above but coming to a similar share price target over the next few months.

Just listened to a recent interview with the CEO of Hive Frank Holmes, 1 million a week in revenue by April, 75% gross margin. 25million in free cash flow. He says it's should be trading with a p/e of 40.
    Means my numbers are off above but coming to a similar share price target over the next few months.

Hope it's not another CEO biging themselves up. What are your revised price targets?

Hope it's not another CEO biging themselves up. What are your revised price targets?

If they have a 12mt net cash flow.of 100million, 226,329,000 shares outstanding, that's giving me a FCF per share of .44cent times x40 earnings. 12mt price target of $15, probably over the next few quarters leg up to $7 after Q3 earnings I suspect. Might come under some heavy selling though as a lot of people got cheap shares out there might want to cash in. Not sure if there's enough buyers out there just yet. It'll only be their first quarter of full earnings.

I know it's a gamble on a start up but the numbers seem great. The CEO is very experienced, don't think he'd put his reputation in danger to easily.

Augeo wrote: »
    Versarien PLC

Currently £0.9140 ........... was way lower until 3 months ago and has only just recently risen very sharply.

Could well drop significantly again and I expect it to but I reckon the potential upside is huge if not quite exponential.

This crowd are a materials company "Versarien utilises proprietary technology to create innovative new engineering solutions that are capable of having a game-changing impact on a broad variety of industry sectors"

They are in bed with some Chinese folk who aren't slow to invest in manufacturing facilities etc.

I see this as a Tesla type share ........... huge growth based on feck know what or why :pac:

This crowd got a mention in sky news on Friday. Part of a Teresa may trade trip to China. Fri saw a 16% rise in share price.....

This is my Share Pick #1 for 2018:

Abbey plc. (market cap €321m)
    New Homes, Property Developers, Construction, Builder

It's listed on both the ISEQ and LSE @ €15.00.

Pros
    -2017 EPS €2.41 therefore P/E 6.2
    -Ran by owner with large stake
    -Cash of €90m in the bank
    -increasing exposure to irish building market
    -no share dilution as no employee incentive plan
    -survived through recession

Cons
    -extremely limited liquidity due to high ownership by Gallagher family
    -high exposure to UK building market

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

ctomas wrote: »
    This is my Share Pick #1 for 2018:

Abbey plc. (market cap €321m)
    New Homes, Property Developers, Construction, Builder

It's listed on both the ISEQ and LSE @ €15.00.

Pros
    -2017 EPS €2.41 therefore P/E 6.2
    -Ran by owner with large stake
    -Cash of €90m in the bank
    -increasing exposure to irish building market
    -no share dilution as no employee incentive plan
    -survived through recession

Cons
    -extremely limited liquidity due to high ownership by Gallagher family
    -high exposure to UK building market

Any dividends?

• Advertisement

Dividends of €0.17, very small in relation to EPS but doubled since 2013. This is a neutral IMHO.

Advertisement