Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions, Predictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jess_112

drspock wrote: »
    hi jess

Especially when you consider what tazzle was saying about extra spaces in UCC this year :D

QUOTE]

Really...are there actually any extra places in UCC this year?! I thought it was 20 places. Gosh if there were more places I think I'd be feeling more calm about thursday! I'm really hoping I can get in with 59-in the subsequent rounds anyway, looking unlikely it would be on thursday. :( how are you all dealing with the waiting?!? While I'm here I would (wishfully) predict final round offers to be:
    RCSI: 61
    UCD: 60/59???
    UCC: 59
    UL: 56

the waiting is killing me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 neurodegenerate

I don't think I've ever actually wished for a summer to end before...this is appalling!! Thank god it's only a few more days now, just trying to keep myself distracted in the mean time!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭drspock

Hi neuro! yeah I think it's 20 which is great!! Not too sure what to expect from the cut offs though? Best of luck to you anyway neuro hopefully 59 will get you there!

Jess_112 wrote: »
    drspock wrote: »
    hi jess

Especially when you consider what tazzle was saying about extra spaces in UCC this year :D

QUOTE]

Really...are there actually any extra places in UCC this year?! I thought it was 20 places. Gosh if there were more places I think I'd be feeling more calm about thursday! I'm really hoping I can get in with 59-in the subsequent rounds anyway, looking unlikely it would be on thursday. :( how are you all dealing with the waiting?!? While I'm here I would (wishfully) predict final round offers to be:
    RCSI: 61
    UCD: 60/59???
    UCC: 59
    UL: 56

the waiting is killing me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 troggy99

I got 64 so I'm pretty much guaranteed to get RCSI. If ye all spent as much time studying as ye do predicting the results in vain then ye wouldn't be in this position to begin with. G'luck

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bonnieaurstomp

troggy99 wrote: »
    I got 64 so I'm pretty much guaranteed to get RCSI. If ye all spent as much time studying as ye do predicting the results in vain then ye wouldn't be in this position to begin with. G'luck

Sooooooo glad I went with UCD in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Good luck to everybody!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Annaroberts22

Unnecessarily mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭hurdygurdy85

Take your catty childish comments somewhere else please, the rest of us here are adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭drspock

So what? I got 65 and I'm also interested in predicting results! My god there are some shockingly arrogant clowns popping up on these boards. Thank god I changed from RCSI, I think I might have poked my own eyeballs out from all the hot air, if troggy is anything to go by.....

Please god don't send any of these fools to UCC

I sincerely hope the points for RCSI don't shoot up. Otherwise we could be lumped with these lovely individuals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I sincerely hope the points for RCSI don't shoot up. Otherwise we could be lumped with these lovely individuals.

Don't tempt fate ;). As long as I get my offer, I couldn't give a monkeys what happens to these other individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭EugeneOnegin

Couldn't agree more with your sentiments :D.
    Irish medical schools should be conducting psychometric interviews in addition to GAMSAT to select suitable candidates for med. school.

Anyway for what it's worth, here's my round zero predictions:

RCSI 65
    UCC 60*
    UCD 60*
    UL 57*

I'm going to err on the side of caution here, those applying with UK scores could well nullify the effect of an increased number of places. Hopefully I'm wrong, and very wrong at that. I want to see all those deserving candidates get a place :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭MrsStuffings

MOD EDIT

Awhhhh

The sweet smell of a ban before lunchtime......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

UCD, UCC and UL are all ranked higher than RCSI in the world university rankings.

Just saying is all.....

oh and its plainly obvious that someone is multi accounting here - any mod can verify because there IP address shows up. Not that I really care because I find their trolling kinda funny

I thought results were out tomorrow but seems we have to wait until thursday :(

Iv a feeling UCD will be higher than RCSI this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

didn't somebody here say they mailed CAO and they said 3rd August? (think it was MedGal)

HOLY **** I just seen that

Offers Out Tomorrow :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 neurodegenerate

It says August 4th, 6:00 on the CAO website:( but it's very, very close now! We're nearly there:):):)

as in 6am? why cant they just tell us now :(:p

edit - Iv been waiting for this since last November I suppose another day wont kill me.......much

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wilhelmet

can't say the man doesn't have a point.

and if it's any consolation to the rest of you,the feeling is mutual, i personally will be hoping that the points for RCSI don't drop, otherwise I could be unlucky enough to end up lumped with some of the plebs that post on this forum.

Weren't you supposed to have been banned by the moderator from posting here? What happened, you couldn't find anyone in your day-to-day life who would listen to your nonsense? Sad, especially in light of your continued pathetic attempts to feel and convey superiority to others. No disrespect to anyone else who favours RCSI, I wish them the very best and it's a great school, but MrsS has continually shown nothing other than a cancerous attitude on here, and the makings of the very worst kind of doctor. Why they don't use interviews for graduate medicine in Ireland is a mystery to me, as there is an even greater danger of getting the wrong type of student than in a school-leaver situation, as MrsS most clearly shows...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Sophievdp

oh fudgesicles this waiting around is killing me :( Only 2 more days though so I guess that's something!
    Have no idea for predictions, sitting on a 58 so I'm probably safe enough for Limerick, but then I remember that there are less applicants and more places and I think I might maybe maybe squeeze into UCC but then I think that there are probably more people applying with higher British GAMSAT scores so I probably won't and then I get a stress headache. blargh.

ah flip it here are some predictions:
    RCSI - 63
    UCD - 61*
    UCC - 60*
    UL - 57

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Not to worry. MrsStuffins won't be joining us in the forum anymore.

Carry on lads and lasses!

Best of Luck :)

Cheers

DrG

• Registered Users Posts: 23 getleft

Wilhelmet wrote: »
    Weren't you supposed to have been banned by the moderator from posting here? What happened, you couldn't find anyone in your day-to-day life who would listen to your nonsense? Sad, especially in light of your continued pathetic attempts to feel and convey superiority to others. No disrespect to anyone else who favours RCSI, I wish them the very best and it's a great school, but MrsS has continually shown nothing other than a cancerous attitude on here, and the makings of the very worst kind of doctor. Why they don't use interviews for graduate medicine in Ireland is a mystery to me, as there is an even greater danger of getting the wrong type of student than in a school-leaver situation, as MrsS most clearly shows...

Hear Hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Annaroberts22

Wilhelmet wrote: »

People like her/him are usually good at pretending though so they quite often get through interviews just fine and then let their true selves show. It's a shame there are people who are that arrogant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

OK, the troll has been dealt with, so back on topic please!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

We've nothing to say now MrsStuffings is gone.

Bring him/her back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

really annoyed that I thought the offers were out tomorrow instead of thursday.

sitting on a 61 and praying I get UCD.

Make mine a double/triple to help me sleep tomorrow night.....

The worst part of it all is that CAO has all the information right now but are holding onto it with their mean sticky fingers.

Only 31.5 hours left.... not that I is counting or nuffin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sophievdp

I really don't understand why they wait this long. I know they probably have to wait for the colleges to tell them exactly how many places they have etc. but this is ridiculous.

I was thinking of getting up around 9 am but I probably won't be able to get to sleep anyway so i'll be online from 5.45 refreshing the page every few seconds lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ULbound

okay me very confused.com by now the UL admissions office has the 3rd of august as the round zero date so what we reckon? me thinks ill be up the nxt two nights refreshin my email no-stop!

Advertisement