Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions, Predictions

Options
  • 15-07-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Tick Tock, Tick Tock,

Well 19 days to 0 round offers - at this stage, i dont know what has damaged my health more, sitting the GAMSAT exam or the wait for offers.

So does anyone else want to contribute their predictions.

Im going to predict
    RCSI -62
    UCD -61
    UCC -59
    UL -57

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

I think it'll be way lower - dunno why, just do!
    I hope everyone gets something anyway :D and enjoy your Augusts well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

what Id like to see

RCSI 62
    UCD 59*
    UCC 58
    UL 55*

whaqt will actually happen

RCSI 63
    UCD 61
    UCC 59
    UL 57

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭del85

RCSI- 62

UCD- 60

UCC- 58

UL- 56

Those extra places are bound to make a dent.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

Rcsi 63
    UCD 61
    UCC 59
    UL 56
    All round zero. All plucked from the top of my head with no logic behind it. Good luck to everyone. The gamsat is the easy bit :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Biologic wrote: »
    The gamsat is the easy bit :P.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Paella

First round:

RCSI- 60

UCD- 61*

UCC- 61

UL- 56

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭drspock

Interesting you put UCC up a few points. I think you might be right

I'd go for

RCSI - 64

UCD - 61

UCC - 61

UL - (?) maybe 58/59

probably way off as usual.......
    Paella wrote: »
    First round:

RCSI- 60

UCD- 61*

UCC- 61

UL- 56

• Registered Users Posts: 13 caz_von

Round Zero

RCSI - 64

UCD - 61

UCC - 60

UL - 59

Round One

RCSI - 63

UCD - 60

UCC - 59*

UL - 58

• Registered Users Posts: 13 caz_von

I hope the points come down too but last year there was an increase in places (e.g. UCD 22 went to 55) and the points still went up.

Crossing all fingers and toes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kapow

RCSI:63
    UCD:60
    UCC:59
    UL:57

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭pollypigwash

RCSI 62*
    UCD 60*
    UCC 61*
    UL 58

I like stars **********

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭MLH1

How many places are in each college this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sparrow3

MLH1 - The number of places is covered in numerous other threads if you bothered looking . check out the "good luck in GAMSAT 2011" thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thementalist

Im on a 56...what do you think the chances of a place in UL are realistically?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jess_112

think 61 will get me into UCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

This time next week, I'll be in bed having stayed up all night playing Fallout or Red Dead Redemption in anticipation of the CAO offers. I'll either have a big smile on my face or be sobbing uncontrollably. That's my prediction.

UCD - 61*
    RCSI - 62
    UCC - 60*
    UL - 57

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭hurdygurdy85

My unfounded projections:

UCD: 61*
    UCC: 60*
    UL: 56
    RCSI: 64

*to those lucky lucky souls

Good luck to any decent sleep in the early hours of next thursday morning. Thats when the cut-offs were released last year.

The suspense is a killer. It's like waiting to rip a plaster off........

Jess_112 wrote: »

I think you would be unlucky if it didn't as there are more places this year with less applicants. Only 6 days till you find out! Best of luck! :)

I think you would be unlucky if it didn't as there are more places this year with less applicants. Only 6 days till you find out! Best of luck! :)

Release date is indeed next Thursday at 9am. I think all three of ye will be more than OK. I know points went up a bit last year but there is no logical justification for points going up again considering it is a standardised exam and there has been a significant rise in places for the second year running coupled with a fall in applications.

Best of luck to ye all. If anyone gets UCD let me know, I'm looking to get a flat with some fellow "late bloomers" "quarter life crisis kids" or whatever you like to call yourself. I will promise to stop posting drunk on boards on schoolnights, I cannot however promise to being drunk on a schoolnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ah I thought all the worrying and whatnot was over but here we are, 7 days from Round zero offers and it's the same nerves all over again.

sincerely, sincerely hoping my 61 gets me a place in dublin.

• Advertisement

Thanks! I thought waiting for the results was bad but this is worse! do the offers get posted out on the same day they come online or will it be after do u think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭MrsStuffings

RCSI 63 *
    UCD 62
    UCC 60 *
    UL 57

Best of luck to all and i look forward to meeting some of you in when we start in surgeons.

Thanks! I thought waiting for the results was bad but this is worse! do the offers get posted out on the same day they come online or will it be after do u think?

They're put in the post the day before so as to arrive on the day. If you get early post you could find out before the online offers are available. I'm sure the points will be in the papers as well.

They're put in the post the day before so as to arrive on the day. If you get early post you could find out before the online offers are available. I'm sure the points will be in the papers as well.

Great thanks! I like the idea of having a letter in my hands more than checking online..more proof! :P

Best of luck to ye all. If anyone gets UCD let me know, I'm looking to get a flat with some fellow "late bloomers" "quarter life crisis kids" or whatever you like to call yourself. I will promise to stop posting drunk on boards on schoolnights, I cannot however promise to being drunk on a schoolnight!

And there was me thinking that everyone was gonna be mad serious & no fun. All study and no play make GEM students go crazy. I for one will be investigating the nightlife. And the daylife. And all mischeviousness in between! And sport of course! Might squeeze some study in if I have the time! :D

From my memory (and I am one year older since this last happened-lots of brain cells have been destroyed by the GAMSAT in the interim) last year, the cut-offs were released by CAO before any offer was received later that day. They weren't accessible on the CAO website officially until the next day but some crafty individual had found out a way to access them and posted the cut-offs on some boards.ie forum at about 4am. Pretty sure it'll happen this year aswell. It's not an offer but it'll give you a pretty good indication of what offer is on its way to you later that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bluewall

Making predictions is a very ugly game, although I know it's a very hard place to be when you are in the unknown world that is the black hole between results and offers day.... and at the mercy of the CAO.

For all concerned, in my opinion, I would lean on the side of caution and expect most, if not all, courses to be exactly the same, if not higher that last years first round. In addition, I wouldn't expect them to drop much more than last year's first round in any of the later rounds.

This is purely based on the fact that there was several new places available in courses such as UL and UCD and all of the predictors were calling for lower scores, when in fact they went higher. So please all don't get your hopes too high on scores lowering this year - even if there are more new places due (UL possibly 20?). You have to remember that people are getting better at the GAMSAT, more applicants from the UK are now applying (due to no personal statement or interview required) and plenty of people still hold valid scores from last year.

Tread with caution, but the very best of luck to you all. Hard work does pay off.... eventually!! So keep at it!!

ah god i forgot about all those extra people, now im even more nervous! what were the first round cut offs last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭drspock

hi jess

I think Cork was 59 last year so you're looking very good. I reckon that even with the few leftovers from abroad you'll have nothing to worry about. I was sitting on 62 for a while and had similar concerns but realised they are unfounded. Especially when you consider what tazzle was saying about extra spaces in UCC this year :D

I have no doubt you'll be well above the cut, twould never jump 2 in a year with extra places etc. Another thing is that not very many people on the boards seem to be applying UCC? Which works in our favour.

Are you living in Cork/ Munster? I'm dead set on UCC after visiting the medical schools, Cork is such a gorgeous campus and city. All positives with Cork. Hope I get in there too and good luck.........:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 neurodegenerate

drspock wrote: »
    hi jess

Especially when you consider what tazzle was saying about extra spaces in UCC this year :D

QUOTE]

Really...are there actually any extra places in UCC this year?! I thought it was 20 places. Gosh if there were more places I think I'd be feeling more calm about thursday! I'm really hoping I can get in with 59-in the subsequent rounds anyway, looking unlikely it would be on thursday. :( how are you all dealing with the waiting?!? While I'm here I would (wishfully) predict final round offers to be:
    RCSI: 61
    UCD: 60/59???
    UCC: 59
    UL: 56

• Advertisement

drspock wrote: »
    hi jess

I think Cork was 59 last year so you're looking very good. I reckon that even with the few leftovers from abroad you'll have nothing to worry about. I was sitting on 62 for a while and had similar concerns but realised they are unfounded. Especially when you consider what tazzle was saying about extra spaces in UCC this year :D

I have no doubt you'll be well above the cut, twould never jump 2 in a year with extra places etc. Another thing is that not very many people on the boards seem to be applying UCC? Which works in our favour.

Are you living in Cork/ Munster? I'm dead set on UCC after visiting the medical schools, Cork is such a gorgeous campus and city. All positives with Cork. Hope I get in there too and good luck.........:cool:

I hope you're right! I mean I'd be happy with anywhere but I really want to stay in cork. Yup i live here, just finished my degree in UCC, and would prefer to just stay here, it's easier and cheaper! and you're right UCC is a really nice place! Where are u from? we could be classmates soon!

Advertisement