Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

gussieg wrote: »
    tbh, i dont know why this bothers me so much, as i use an app , but just to be able to watch from one click and not feel like a complete shyster, it would be sad if after all their extra business during lockdown which to be fair is probably the only business a lot of these performers are getting at the moment, that they aew clamping down on this. i think ive just talked myself into justifying paying full price. I'll get my coat.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/273883/netflixs-quarterly-revenue/

and just to put that into perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YUWDrLazCg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

tbf that video was more educational and entertaining than some of the sh1te ive watched over the years. but thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 48 schofferhofer

Was bale to do a successful change over to Turkish netflix last week. Waited for irish subscription to end, then logged in to turkish netflix by vpn and did the deed. Used UB debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Was bale to do a successful change over to Turkish netflix last week. Waited for irish subscription to end, then logged in to turkish netflix by vpn and did the deed. Used UB debit card.

UB not charge you a hefty enough FX fee?

Was going to use my KBC debt card, anyone know which bank has the cheapest FX charge?

Most people using Revolut.

Netflix don't except Revolut anymore, well at least not mine. Got onto Revolut and Netflix support. Couldn't get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Pauly26 wrote: »
    Netflix don't except Revolut anymore, well at least not mine. Got onto Revolut and Netflix support. Couldn't get it sorted.

Same for me. Had to change to CC.
    That meant changing payment method while in one month contract. Then cancel and sign up via Turkey.

bunderoon wrote: »
    Same for me. Had to change to CC.
    That meant changing payment method while in one month contract. Then cancel and sign up via Turkey.

Whats the FX fee like? I found some info on KBC charges, i think its a percentage of the transaction

• Advertisement

Just checked. ENded up with 5.93 on the UB card, which is not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

I paid 5,49 AIB CC

4motion wrote: »
    I paid 5,49 AIB CC

I'm 5.55e with PTSB CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭chases0102

Which is the best value region at the moment?

Paying about 12/12 euro with Turkey (I think!) at the moment.

chases0102 wrote: »
    Which is the best value region at the moment?

Paying about 12/12 euro with Turkey (I think!) at the moment.

Turkey for the top plan is like 6 euro odd. No way you're paying that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Mid plan €4 via Argentina for me. PTSB debut card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scano.ie

I'm using N26 in Argentina and for the last few months for the mid plan its been:
    Jul €3.91
    Jun €4.09
    May €4.30
    Apr €4.46
    Mar €4.71
    Feb €4.04
    Jan €4.05

bunderoon wrote: »
    I'm 5.55e with PTSB CC

I now feel fleeced by UB, but don't see a way around this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Switch to PTSB for banking?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Use Curve or Revolut. Avoiding FX fees really is straightforward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Quackster wrote: »
    Use Curve or Revolut. Avoiding FX fees really is straightforward.

Some people are reporting that Netflix is not accepting adding Revolut cards to their accounts. It’s working fine for me but I set mine up ages ago.

In the grand scheme of things even using an Irish bank Issued card you’re still getting 50%~ (depending on plan obviously) discount.

• Advertisement

Some people are reporting that Netflix is not accepting adding Revolut cards to their accounts. It’s working fine for me but I set mine up ages ago.

In the grand scheme of things even using an Irish bank Issued card you’re still getting 50%~ (depending on plan obviously) discount.

:-) which is why I'm not feeling hard done by when reading some boardies are paying ~1e less than me per month.

Yes, i was in the same boat, but once the time comes for card renewal, it will no longer work. Revolut worked for me fine for about a year till my card expired and then the new one would not work.

Yes, i was in the same boat, but once the time comes for card renewal, it will no longer work. Revolut worked for me fine for about a year till my card expired and then the new one would not work.
    It's probably because most Revolut cards are coded as prepaid and Netflix has probably blocked prepaid cards. Curve is coded as a debit card so should work without issue.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭TetraSonic55

OmegaGene wrote: »
    revolut was blocked but monese and curve still work as far as i know

I can vouch for Curve, works perfect for me.

I can vouch for Curve, works perfect for me.

Just signed up for the free curve card, registered my revolut card with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭chases0102

Trying to recall best way to change, as my region ( I actually can’t remember!) is essentially the same price as Ireland.

Cancel the subscription ( giving the 30 days notice)

After 30 dats, using a vpn, sign up again using same details but through a different country (for example, Argentina).

Disable VPN, back to normal

Have I missed anything?

chases0102 wrote: »
    Trying to recall best way to change, as my region ( I actually can’t remember!) is essentially the same price as Ireland.

Cancel the subscription ( giving the 30 days notice)

After 30 dats, using a vpn, sign up again using same details but through a different country (for example, Argentina).

Disable VPN, back to normal

Have I missed anything?

Haven't seen it said you need to wait 30 days, just let it expire and resubscribe from a different country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

I'm late to the party on this one.

Is Argentina now the cheapest country? How much is it there?
    Currently paying €7.99

So I just cancel
    Use VPN to set up Argentinian account
    Disable VPN
    ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

frash wrote: »

Currently paying €7.99

So I just cancel
    Disable VPN
    ??

I just got charged €3.74 yesterday for the 2 screen plan. I'm on Turkey.

Yeah just cancel and wait for current sub to run out. Then just use a VPN for Turkey/Argentina and re subscribe. You won't need to enter card details since I assume you already have one saved on the account. You don't need VPN for watching, it's just for re subscribing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭BobMc

any good mobile apps for vpn I can use, have used tunnell bear in past but both turkey and the argies are missing
    (android phone)

• Advertisement

BobMc wrote: »
    any good mobile apps for vpn I can use, have used tunnell bear in past but both turkey and the argies are missing
    (android phone)

I used Browsec years ago to switch mine to Turkey. Should still work. There's a free trial you can avail of to make the switch and then cancel it after.

Turkish lira drops to record low against euro

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/07/29/turkish-lira-drops-to-record-low/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

tenor.gif

Just buy enough to get you up to your Revolut expiry date as apparently Netflix don’t accept Revolut cards anymore. I’ve three different Turkish packages and all are being paid with Revolut cards without any issues, however I haven’t tested any account in well over a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

frash wrote: »

Currently paying €7.99

So I just cancel
    Disable VPN
    ??

I pay 5.60 odd every month consistently via Argentina. That's for the full HD 4 user package.

How much is the turkey sub? I might buy lira for future proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Seeing revolut cards not being accepted anymore for new accounts, once expired?

Has anyone here set up recently on Revolut?

BKWDR wrote: »
    Seeing revolut cards not being accepted anymore for new accounts, once expired?

Has anyone here set up recently on Revolut?
    If you've an issue using Revolut with Netflix, just get a Curve card and link your Revolut card to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cellboy

hi guys, no more free trial any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭KingCong

Neither Revolut or Curve are working for me since my last Revolut card expired, even my normal debit card isn't working. Anyone else having this problem?

• Advertisement

KingCong wrote: »
    Neither Revolut or Curve are working for me since my last Revolut card expired, even my normal debit card isn't working. Anyone else having this problem?

Even on the Irish Netflix it doesn't work? With a new card I had to sub to Irish Netflix first for 1 month and then switched to Turkey after the month was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb

jamescd wrote: »
    Even on the Irish Netflix it doesn't work? With a new card I had to sub to Irish Netflix first for 1 month and then switched to Turkey after the month was up.

I've just registered with revolut and curve too and was hoping to use these for Netflix. So just to clarify, you would use curve as payment method on Irish Netflix first, and then can you change the region on that Netflix account to Turkey after the first month?

carazeb wrote: »
    I've just registered with revolut and curve too and was hoping to use these for Netflix. So just to clarify, you would use curve as payment method on Irish Netflix first, and then can you change the region on that Netflix account to Turkey after the first month?

Yeah if the Irish one accepts your card and you pay for a month's sub then you're good to go. Just cancel it after and wait for the sub to expire. The card should already be saved on your account so when you're doing the switch to Turkey, all you have to do is select the plan and hit Subscribe.

Therefore there should no longer be any trouble with it refusing to accept your card since it's already on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb

Yeah if the Irish one accepts your card and you pay for a month's sub then you're good to go. Just cancel it after and wait for the sub to expire. The card should already be saved on your account so when you're doing the switch to Turkey, all you have to do is select the plan and hit Subscribe.

Therefore there should no longer be any trouble with it refusing to accept your card since it's already on your account.

Great thanks for that info. I took out an Irish subscription last month (due to renew end of Aug) so I'll try updating my payment method on that to Curve for the Aug payment then cancel the subscription once that payment goes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

My netflix is showing up in turkish language today for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

PaddyCar wrote: »
    My netflix is showing up in turkish language today for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

Is your VPN on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Maybe that's where I went wrong as I just got notification I was refunded, I signed up from Brazil with my CC on my actual account.

So I need to subscribe with my card in my country, cancel and then resubscribe with the same card using a vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

My next payment due to be taken out is the 20th of August

So is it best to cancel subscription before or after the payment is taken. And wait the 30 days from the last payment to subscribe again.

And then select VPN for Turkey and subscribe again using the same card.

TIA

My next payment due to be taken out is the 20th of August

So is it best to cancel subscription before or after the payment is taken. And wait the 30 days from the last payment to subscribe again.

And then select VPN for Turkey and subscribe again using the same card.

TIA

You're saying next payment, so that means you've already paid the previous month? If yes, then you can cancel it now and wait a few days until it expires and then make the switch to Turkey as you said. As long as you've made a payment for a single month and the card you want to use is saved on your account, then you are good to go.

If no, then yes you'll have to pay for a month's sub, cancel it immediately, wait 30 days for it to expire and then switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

You're saying next payment, so that means you've already paid the previous month? If yes, then you can cancel it now and wait a few days until it expires and then make the switch to Turkey as you said. As long as you've made a payment for a single month and the card you want to use is saved on your account, then you are good to go.

If no, then yes you'll have to pay for a month's sub, cancel it immediately, wait 30 days for it to expire and then switch.

James thanks very much for your help and it says I can continue watching until the 15th of August.

So I can subscribe to Turkish version on the 16th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Is anyone using this with the Indian Disney Plus? A quick Google suggests you can get annual subscription for about 20 dollars

• Advertisement
Advertisement