Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

OmegaGene wrote: »

Seems those prices are pretty old now. 6 months + for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Seems those prices are pretty old now. 6 months + for the most part
    That's the Netflix price structure that hasn't been updated (missing the recent US increase). The currency conversion is automatic and up-to-date.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Guys just a quick question on this.

Last night I signed up for the 30 day free trial of the dearest package the 4 screens ultra hd. So before this finishes next month, can I purchase using the VPN, or will I need to cancel off this account and open a brand new acc ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I opened a new account whilst using the vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Out of curiosity why didn’t you just set up the Turkish account with vpn while you were at it ?

It never even entered my head. I was going to pay full price as it was then I remembered seeing something here and by the time I had a good luck through this thread I already had the acc set up.

You reckon, finish this acc and set up Turkish ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why not just set up a new account now using the VPN and it'll save your history while also on the trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 An tAlbanach

Tried NordVPN - could not get to Turkish site.

Tried Browsec - can get to Turkish site and they say there is an issue with payment method. Tried BofI and N26. No option for PayPal.
    Tried using a former account that lapsed and a new one.

Any other ideas? Should I try another country?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Unable to load the turkish netflix using HolaVpn..says""no servers available"

• Registered Users Posts: 47 An tAlbanach

the country makes no difference it sounds like your vpn is the issue, try deleting cookies etc or use incog mode or what i would do is use hola as mentioned in the faq in post 1

I tried loads of countries, all options etc etc until eventually argentina netflix allowed me in under HOLA plus in incognito.

Not too bad a price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

I tried loads of countries, all options etc etc until eventually argentina netflix allowed me in under HOLA plus in incognito.

Not too bad a price!

As mentioned

Clear cache
    clear cookies
    clear browsing history.
    Turn off wifi
    restart computer
    Connect to VPN
    and try again. :)

• Advertisement

Did you sign up to hola trial or are you trying to use the free limited version

Read the FAQ people that’s what it’s there for, this works for 90% of people and that’s because they are doing it properly

Steady on...jesus 😂😂

Yeah I guessed that after..need to upgrade to the better version.

Dont reply then...

Never saw the Faq do thanks for thatðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

Will this work with other subs (if they are even cheaper in other countries)

PSN or Spotify?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but worth mentioning again so people don't waste money on it: Nord VPN will not work when attempting to sign up via Turkey - their "Smart Play" feature redirects you to the US site, and there's no way around it.

It works with PSN. But you have to buy all your games etc from that region. There's no changing it back sort of thing like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Standman wrote: »
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but worth mentioning again so people don't waste money on it: Nord VPN will not work when attempting to sign up via Turkey - their "Smart Play" feature redirects you to the US site, and there's no way around it.
    Is it the same for Mexico?

Edit: no matter what server I use on NordVPN I get redirected to US.

Have cleared everything rebooted etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Bord vpn is crap
    As per the faq
    Use hola and sign up for the free trial

Can’t even sign up, keep getting server unreachable, I’ll try another one

webpal wrote:
    Can’t even sign up, keep getting server unreachable, I’ll try another one

Is your pc turned on?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

I used turbo VPN and deleted once I was sorted with subscription. Bought via turkey..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I bought a lifetime sub for VPN Unlimited and I find it great, they have specific servers for particular applications and it ensures most servers don't get bogged down.

Used it for this as well and worked a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

n1ck wrote: »
    I bought a lifetime sub for VPN Unlimited and I find it great, they have specific servers for particular applications and it ensures most servers don't get bogged down.

Used it for this as well and worked a treat.

I'm with them also, find them great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

When I get to the final step, they are asking for a turkish mobile number to send a text message to. Anyone else get this or know a way around it?

bennyob wrote:
    When I get to the final step, they are asking for a turkish mobile number to send a text message to. Anyone else get this or know a way around it?

You're doing something wrong in the process. Shouldn't be required.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You're doing something wrong in the process. Shouldn't be required.

Not sure what. Accessed Turkish netflix via Hola vpn. After I added revolut details it brought me to a final step where it asked for a turkish mobile number.

They might have found us out and this is their way to stop it.

Netflix have not found us out as you say they have known about it since the start but the amount of people doing it it’s not bothering them

Mobile number verification is something for the us market as far as I know, have you signed up to hola full version using the free trial ?

Was using hola free trial on android. I tried Argentina and got the same - they looked for a mobile number.

Trying now on desktop with speedify vpn. Now there is a message saying there appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Based on the amount of people who couldn't be bothered doing 3 mins work to cut their annual Netflix bill by 80-90 euro, Netflix don't care. Tons even pay through the nose for Netflix through sky etx

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Argentina is currently the cheapest. Full plan works out about 6.60pm at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

TheDriver wrote: »
    Based on the amount of people who couldn't be bothered doing 3 mins work to cut their annual Netflix bill by 80-90 euro, Netflix don't care. Tons even pay through the nose for Netflix through sky etx

This made me do it. Took me less than 3 mins actually, but I already have a VPN. Don't actually use Netflix normally but for less than €3 a month it just seems crazy not to have it as an option :-)
    bennyob wrote: »

I got that as well, but it's optional. I just ignored it and I was signed up immediately.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Turkey 4K is €6.54 ;)

Sorry, I meant 5.06 eur

• Advertisement

Argentina isn't €5 for the 4k sub?

Advertisement