Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Time to move to turkey

Yeah my Turkish renewal price hasn't risen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

The most important thing is to wait until Netflix have actually cut you off before heading to Turkey. Do not attempt this any earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

oh and buy a years worth of turkish lira using revolut or n26, last time i checked the currency dropped again

How do you do this with N26? I don't see anyway of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

How do you do this with N26? I don't see anyway of doing it.

You can't with N26. They just don't charge exchange rate fees, you get the mid market rate.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Am I being stupid? I'm trying to sign up via turkey, using HolaVPN, but it's asking for a mobile number to confirm the account? Obviously it needs a Turkish number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

You should be able to select confirm later or use a desktop etc rather than a mobile phone

I'll go via the laptop and see. Tried going back in and now won't let me access Turkish netlfix sign up site.

Can't change to turkey on the laptop. Mobile keeps asking to text me to confirm. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

antodeco wrote: »
    Am I being stupid? I'm trying to sign up via turkey, using HolaVPN, but it's asking for a mobile number to confirm the account? Obviously it needs a Turkish number?

Ive just run into the same issue. No option to skip this. Just get a "Sorry, we are unable to complete that action now. Please try again later." error when I put in my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Q: OK.. I’m with you. I’m an existing Netflix subscriber in Ireland - what do I do?
    A: You need to cancel your recurring subscription on the Netflix site, then wait it has lapsed, and then re-activate using a VPN.

If i go in now and cancel my account, does it cancel from the second i click it or am i paid up to the next time i should be billed, ie the 18th of April?

Lets say on the 19th of April, do i VPN into Turkey and set up my subscription again but at the TL price and bobs your uncle, so my email address and password are still the same?

And finally, new enough to revolut, but when i see people saying they buy a bulk of Turkish Lira, how do i do that? in the app do i have to set up another account with TL as the currency and top it up for a years worth of netflix then i set my revolut card to pay NF does it by default take the money from my TL account within revolut? (did i explain this badly)

thanks in advance lads, i have read a rake of the thread but couldnt find specifics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭cletus

BKWDR wrote: »
    If i go in now and cancel my account, does it cancel from the second i click it or am i paid up to the next time i should be billed, ie the 18th of April?

Your sub runs to the end of the billing period
    Lets say on the 19th of April, do i VPN into Turkey and set up my subscription again but at the TL price and bobs your uncle, so my email address and password are still the same?

Yes
    And finally, new enough to revolut, but when i see people saying they buy a bulk of Turkish Lira, how do i do that? in the app do i have to set up another account with TL as the currency and top it up for a years worth of netflix then i set my revolut card to pay NF does it by default take the money from my TL account within revolut? (did i explain this badly)

thanks in advance lads, i have read a rake of the thread but couldnt find specifics

If you top up your revolut card with Euro, you can convert this in the app to Lira. The app keeps each of the currencies you have in separate "wallets", which essentially means you can have a number of different balances.

Revolut will automatically try and pay in the currency of whichever currency wallet you are using, so if the bill is in Lira, and you have a lira balance, it will take from this first. If you don't have sufficient funds in that wallet, or don't have any of that currency at all, it will simply take from a wallet that has sufficient funds and convert on the fly, giving the current exchange rate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

cletus wrote: »
    Your sub runs to the end of the billing period

Yes

If you top up your revolut card with Euro, you can convert this in the app to Lira. The app keeps each of the currencies you have in separate "wallets", which essentially means you can have a number of different balances.

Revolut will automatically try and pay in the currency of whichever currency wallet you are using, so if the bill is in Lira, and you have a lira balance, it will take from this first. If you don't have sufficient funds in that wallet, or don't have any of that currency at all, it will simply take from a wallet that has sufficient funds and convert on the fly, giving the current exchange rate

Brilliant, thanks for your response, ill be cancelling my suscription straight away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Well unless you have a Turkish mobile number then it wouldn’t work would it and considering you’re pretending to be in turkey then entering an Irish mobile number would be a bit silly
    As advised here numerous times a desktop or similar to sign up not a mobile phone

It was on a desktop. There is no way past the mobile verification. I ended up changing to Argentina and it worked without asking me for the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭gar

Turkish lira taking a hammering today

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

is it? in the last month the highest was 0.1663 (16cent), current is 0.1522 (15cent), lowest is 0.1516.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I wonder how much of an increase can we expect when the raise the Turkish price, seems a lot of countries have had increas announcements in last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭gar

is it? in the last month the highest was 0.1663 (16cent), current is 0.1522 (15cent), lowest is 0.1516.

I got some at 6.59 earlier and best is been for over 3 months so sub is back to just below e6 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I wonder how much of an increase can we expect when the raise the Turkish price, seems a lot of countries have had increase announcements in last few days.

Only a matter of time before everybody gets hit with an increase, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It’s hardly going to break the bank on a Turkish sub

God forbid..... A 40c increase a month or something lol:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Disney have unveiled their price for the Disney+ service - $7. Obviously there's going to be different plans factoring in resolution, numer of screens etc but Netflix have to think long and hard about any price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Netflix have a ton more content than Disney will have in the beginning.
    They have nothing to worry about in the medium term.

Disney are going to make a ton of money from the "Ah it's only $7" brigade. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I never said it's a Netflix killer? I said it will give them something to think about when it comes to price increases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Plus all of the content on the Disney platform will be PG13. Its for a specific kind of person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

I just had a look at the content planned and you’re right, highlight is Jeremy rennet as Hawkeye mini series
    Time to forget Disney plus for now I think

It's not launching until November and probably selected markets so Netflix have nothing to worry yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

bromley52 wrote: »
    It's not launching until November and probably selected markets so Netflix have nothing to worry yet.

US only in November and launching globally over the next 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It’s hardly going to break the bank on a Turkish sub

Depends on the % increase. ;)

Exchange rate certainly helping the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

With the Turkish economy in recession and Lira still crashing there may not even be any Turkish Netflix price increase, if there is an increase it be a horrifying extra TRY 2.00 or something

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Set up a new Netflix account for my folks today, used Speedify app on iPhone, set it to turkey and signed up for the two screen package, and set payment method up with Revolut card. They got a free month upon signup also.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CoffeeAnathema

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I've been searching for ages and no joy elsewhere.

I opened my Netflix account while living in the States, and have been charged in dollars. However, since they've raised their prices, this isn't working out for me any more. If I cancel my existing account, will they take unkindly to my trying to sign up again with the same personal details? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I've been searching for ages and no joy elsewhere.

I opened my Netflix account while living in the States, and have been charged in dollars. However, since they've raised their prices, this isn't working out for me any more. If I cancel my existing account, will they take unkindly to my trying to sign up again with the same personal details? :confused:

No. Not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I opened my Netflix account while living in the States, and have been charged in dollars. However, since they've raised their prices, this isn't working out for me any more. If I cancel my existing account, will they take unkindly to my trying to sign up again with the same personal details?

No. Fire ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'd say read back over this thread and you'll find your question answered many times.

Advertisement