Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Account is still kicking for some reason, but I'm happy to welcome our new Nigerian overlords, you're making a saving at the end of the day if you can crack it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stay strong weary travellers

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

After my account was cancelled they said get onto your bank and they would refund you. Probably bullshit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Revolut bluntly dismissed my chargeback..****..only reason i dont use them as my main bank account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭in2dark

Total bullshit. Revolut denied my application for refund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fecking hell.. going through the effort of charge-backs for probably a fiver when most of ye have probably gotten close to a tenner off Netflix Ireland sub's every month for the past 4-5 years. There's bargains and then there's pettiness! 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭ECookie13

I have a Nigeria account working, with a Nigerian VPN and EBS debit card. Took a couple of tries but went through. Seems they have blocked Revolut - wonder is linked to the nuked accounts, perhaps it flagged all the Revolut card users?

2.50 for premium, will see how long it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Greetings from Lagos.

Thanks @The Ayatolla for the info on how you signed back up too.

Let's hope it lasts a couple of months, at least.

I was paying €6.10 per month for the 4k plan through Turkey. Down to €2.09 through Nigeria now for the standard plan.

It's still probably not worth it, only herself prefers Netflix over some of the apps on Kodi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Another migrant from Turkey to Nigeria here, lets hope it lasts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

It takes 2 mins to raise chargeback..Well it was more about process than value ! Imagine a 200 sub denied refund..may be u like risks and use revolut as main bank !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I was dropped too. I'm happy to leave it be, watch very little on it but the wife loves it for some reason. pure shite content bar the odd mike flanagan show. Might try one of these new ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I got refund from Revolut no bother whatsoever when I presented them transcript of my chat with Netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

More of a f you to Netflix.

Even at €5-6 in Turkey I was questioning the value. A few family members use my account so that's the only reason to keep it in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

Lads can any of you recommend a free VPN or free trial VPN that has Nigeria included?

I currently use Express VPN but Nigeria isn't on that. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I thought it was just me thinking this way 🤣

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LBF21

I am seeing elsewhere that India accounts are being cancelled already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Re the value - Ya, completely agree. My Wife and kids watch it. I gave them an alternative way to watch!! but they prefer the Netflix app so I'm signed back up with India for 2 screens and will leave well enough alone. It's hardly worth the sub to me. Never watch it. Get great value out of my Turkish Prime and Turkish YT though. If I was to pay full whack for anything, it'd probably be Apple TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Happy4

Anyone else get asked for Nigerian phone number to confirm registration?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Happy4

panic over.. went back a page and tried with different card.. bargain to get it at that price 👍️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

A load of my mates had the sub via Turkey and we all had ours cancelled. There's only one lad who didn't. From some back and forth in WhatsApp, it seems that the only thing he done different to everyone else was letting some films play in the background on his laptop while Turkish VPN was on. Said he was doing it at least once a week over the past year.

Wonder if doing something like that allows it avoid being flagged. Thought it would have highlighted account sharing in 2 countries as he was still watching in Ireland as normal withoit VPN. And I'd guess the same day as he had VPN on for Turkey. I'm gonna do the same for Nigeria and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

newly "moved" accounts ? or existing older accounts.

my india sub hasn't hit my ptsb card..

Don't count your chickens. Lots and lots of folk are getting their Geo-dodging Netflix account cancelled/blocked a couple of days after sub, with no refund. If its still working in 2/3 weeks, then good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Unrelated but Like the gee bag in the shop earlier, abusing the staff getting charged a 15c deposit on a coke but they are exempt "huge sign at the till explaining" from the machine as they have nowhere to put it. She was told there was a machine across the road.

On and on and on and on queue out the door, Over 15cent.

Some people are just mean to the core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭in2dark

How did you do it? On chat? They didnt entertain me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

On Netflix Nigeria, when asked for phone number I just clicked "Next" and it let me proceed. The next screens ask to set up user profiles and pick some favourites to help feed the algorithm. I got some errors on these screens but just kept clicking "Next".

The ask for phone number just seems to be a way to further secure your account, rather than be a necessary step. Didn't have to click "Back" or go through again in my case anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

thanks a million mate that worked a treat.

tried my virtual revolut mastercard and it didn't accept it but it did accept my ptsb visa debit card.

is there a limit to what you can use on that free version of hola?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Charged me 2.51 Euro (total amount, not sure of the fees) for the highest Netflix tier. Considering EBS is a free bank, I won't complain if it's a few cents higher than Revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

reactivated my turkey account with netflix gift cards. bought a few turkey netflix card and redeemed it. ok for couple of months now. lets see how long it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Why has this happened, is it NF cracking down on family sharing or Turkey teeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vorbabb

I've had my Turkish account blocked as well. They charged me for the month on February 21st via Revolut. Am I right in saying most Revolut users aren't getting their money back in such instances? Won't be re-subbing at Irish prices as their too expensive in my opinion for what you get from them.

I'm not gonna bother signing up in another country either, in case they do this again. It's an extremely shady practice from Netflix to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Luker

It’s the risk you take. And to be fair you benefited for God knows how long. We’re the shady ones availing of it

Post edited by Luker on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just quickly tried signing up with original email for Nigeria Netflix and it worked.

I turned on VPN unlimited to Nigeria.

Click restart membership on netflix account with same email and didn't even go into incognito mode.

Prices came up in NGN, so clicked the premium package for 5000NGN. Left on VPN still.

Card details were auto filled in, VPN still on. Used AIB debit card, no verification with banking app. Needed Nigeria SMS verification code , but just clicked back on browser and then confirmed payment again in NGN and all went through.

Couldn't believe my luck TBH. €3 for the premium package! But how long will this last.

Yes, I had that issue in incognito mode. So just went to standard mode on Google chrome and where my netflix account details were saved and logged in without issues and signed up to Nigeria premium as said above for €3 paid with AIB debit card (clicked back when asked for Nigeria SMS). All this while VPN turned on.

• Advertisement

Yes, I could keep my account when just went and clicked "Restart membership" not in incognito mode, where my netflix account details were saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I don't wish to be a kill joy but several users on other forums are reporting newly opened India and Nigeria accounts are also being culled and cancelled.

Netflix taking money and cancelling a day or two later with no option to refund other than charge back

It's going to be a game of cat and mouse. It was only a 2 minute job and €3 to sign up to Nigeria so I won't be worried if cancelled as didn't go out of my way for hours trying to get it to sign up unlike other signups over the year.

Might throw on a fim tomorrow and the following days via Nigeria VPN to see does it help for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Installed Hola Chrome Extension Free

cleared history and cookies set Hola to Nigeria and signed up with a fresh email worked with my boi visa not with revolut €2.55 via Nigeria

Worth the risk for the price of a coffee!

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

I re signed up using Bulgaria which is only a couple more euro than the premium Turkey price (€9.99). No issues with payment with revolut, maybe because the transaction was in Euros. Hopefully this means my card won't get flagged in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Not expecting this Nigeria plan to last as long as Turkey, under €3 for premium is taking the piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just so you don't make the same mistake as I did if you plan to share your account with family in different households double check the country, I got Argentina going works out for the top package of €8.59 but it has to be in the same household so have cancelled it straight away. As I want to share with 2 family members not at my address

So the question is besides Turkey what other cheap countries don't enforce the same address policy?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

ive tried the Nigeria route on my original account and no matter which card I try, numerous Revolut cards, N26, Curve, PTSB, EBS and avantcard, none of them are being accepted. I had no bother at all setting up a new account via India on Saturday using a virtual Revolut card.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Android phone, hola vpn set to Nigeria, duck duck go app, new email, aib bank card, asked for Nigerian phone number, went back a page, re input aib card details, went through @ €2.92 top package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,223 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what service are people using for these new email addresses?

I didn't need to use a new email. I just clicked "restart membership" with previous account. If gets cancelled so be it, I'll move somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.

That's what I get using different devices, new email, with VPN set to Nigeria using Revolut/BOI/EBS cards - same message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I’ve signed up two separate accounts now using PTSB and AIB debit cards. Both failed on first try and had to re-enter the CVV2 a few times. The AIB one worked as recent as last night.

As others have said I’d be shocked if this lasts more than a month. Whatever about us on Boards, there’s probably huge numbers signing up to Nigeria etc in the UK and USA.

To try prolong it, it probably is worth actually streaming from the Nigeria VPN once in a while via laptop or phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

Switched to Nigeria way too easy, definitely can't see it lasting long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I tried to do that yesterday and was also getting blocked. Today, same VPN, the cards are accepted. Same boat. I will try for 2 months and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement