Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia Trilogy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

laneooo wrote: »
    Yeah just finished, it's about 7-8 hours long (a bit disappointed in that) and that was with a good few checkpoint reloads/deaths. To me the story just seemed to move way too fast...I dunno...

I just posted the first mission doy far, playing on classic mode so hopefully that stretches it out a bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm on ch3 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Played this all day on the PS4 not many bugs and the fan wasnt going mad. Great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Played the first 2 chapters of the first game, really enjoying it so far

Also I'd love a remaster of the godfather game, that was such a good ps2 game

just finished the game up there. Amazing story, awesome gameplay and generally great fun all round. Gonna get Mafia 2 when I get paid.

• Advertisement

Mafia 2 feels old and clunky. Still a good story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I am right in saying that Mafia is a remake and Mafia 2 is a remaster ?

I am right in saying that Mafia is a remake and Mafia 2 is a remaster ?

Yupp. 1 is a remake from the ground up. 2 is a bare bones remaster, just slightly upscaled graphics.

Right that make sense. I had it in my head at first that the same was done with Mafia 2 as with Mafia 1.

2 was the best I thought but if they were to remake it I'd be gutted if they went with different voice actors. There's no way somebody else could play Joe or Vito.

I enjoyed 3 but it wasn't a patch on 2. Have yet to play 1 but I'm keeping my eye on Adverts for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Never played a Mafia game.

So the first has been remade and the other 2 are remastered?

Best of to get the Trilogy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Never played a Mafia game.

So the first has been remade and the other 2 are remastered?

Best of to get the Trilogy?

Definitely pick up the trilogy. Loved 1 back in the day and the remaster is great by all accounts.

2 is amazing and I think it still holds really well. Story and atmosphere are fantastic

Haven't played 3 but heard it's good enough, really great soundtrack

1 is fantastic, 2 is really good but got mixed reviews, 3 is boring with very repetitive missions although the DLC really helps with this. Since 2 are worth getting, it would be cheaper buying the trilogy and getting the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Three is good unless you're going for the platinum. There's a few glitched trophies that absolutely break your heart.

Finished 1 last night, didn't pick up the trilogy as I've played 2 countless times and I got burned out by the repetition of missions in 3.

Fantastic remake for 1, although I couldn't help but feel if it were made today from scratch that it'd be open world with lots of side missions.

I'd welcome a return of more franchises to the format of a linear story mode and separate free mode which seemed to be dominant format in early 00's games. Although that could be because I dont have the time I would have had when the original came out!

Finally got some quality time with this. I really miss the voices and looks of Paulie and Sam from the original. I haven't warmed to the new cast yet, especially Paulie. Also, I'm getting a lot of clipping and pop in. Like I'm driving in the country and the grass textures are loading beside me as i drive, bit off putting, playing on a ps4 pro.

Other than that, I'm loving it. Nails the feel of the first and great to play an actual Mafia game again.

I had to take this video when it happened and call it a night, gas stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Picked up the trilogy today, never played any before. Absolute loving it, fantastic atmosphere, great story and fun & varied gameplay. Got through past mission 6 but had to stop, want to pace myself so not to complete it too quick!

This feels like the game that la noire should have been, which had the atmosphere part down to a tee, but the detective angle became way too dull and repetitive v quickly

Picked one up for 30 quid on Adverts earlier on. Was hoping to get one 2nd hand but didn't think this soon.

Played about an hour or so of it tonight. Don't know if it's fair for me to say this but for a 2020 game it feels like something that came out back on PS3.

I'll probably move it on after the weekend if I'm finished it by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have Mafia 2 and 3 in my account but they are the definitive editions, is this different to the remastered editions?

Skerries wrote: »
    I have Mafia 2 and 3 in my account but they are the definitive editions, is this different to the remastered editions?

Nope, they will show as definitive editions for each of them if they are the remastered versions. 1 = full remake, 2 = upscaled, 3 = upscaled. All DLC included.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Finally got some quality time with this. I really miss the voices and looks of Paulie and Sam from the original. I haven't warmed to the new cast yet, especially Paulie. Also, I'm getting a lot of clipping and pop in. Like I'm driving in the country and the grass textures are loading beside me as i drive, bit off putting, playing on a ps4 pro.

Other than that, I'm loving it. Nails the feel of the first and great to play an actual Mafia game again.

I had to take this video when it happened and call it a night, gas stuff.

More technical issues form 2k & Hanger 13
    Not suprising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Played about an hour or so of it tonight. Don't know if it's fair for me to say this but for a 2020 game it feels like something that came out back on PS3.

i think thats why i am enjoying it so much, its not 80% filler, I get on for an hour or two play a few levels and the wonderful story progresses.

The shooting can be a tad off but nothing too major.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished it tonight, great game, much prefer it to 2.

Finished it tonight, great game, much prefer it to 2.

I'm really enjoying the linearity of it. Doesn't overstay it's welcome either.
    No padding which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BigGpu380

Think mafia 1 is my favorite out of the 3. The other 2 are good, but something about the first one that really sticks with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pinking

I tried to explain how good this game was back in the day but nobody believed me, now the same friends send me links to the gameplay asking if I've seen this new game... Facepalm. Looks as good as I remembered too which is rare these days

Loved the extended bits on the ending, hated that they didn't have the Lordz of Brooklyn tune playing over the credits. Even though it seemed out of place, i loved it, straight onto Napster to download it, about an hour to download a 3mb song, good times :)

Playing Mafia 3 right now finished 1 and 2. Its not as much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

Playing mafia remake now . Love it . Don’t think I played it back on the day .

Advertisement