Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia Trilogy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is it a story mission?

Aw yeah, no avoiding that fecker. The whole mission setup is great, just the original race is tough. I'm sure the race isn't as hard as the original....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Looking great! Few hands on previews doing the rounds. Ign confirm the race level is still annoying and requires near flawless driving for 3 laps against ai who don't make mistakes. Hurrah!

Looking forward to this. Never played any of the series so have the trilogy pre ordered. Sounds like number 1 is the highlight by all accounts

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. Never played any of the series so have the trilogy pre ordered. Sounds like number 1 is the highlight by all accounts

It absolutely is. Whatever about the trilogy, you're in for a treat with 1, especially if you're a fan of the mafia genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

It absolutely is. Whatever about the trilogy, you're in for a treat with 1, especially if you're a fan of the mafia genre.

Aye, love a good mafia movie so this should be right up my street. Nothing else major on my radar being released until Nov so have some time to get stuck into this

YouTubers are putting up official playthroughs now, far too early for that when the game is a month away.

Saying that, a setting was spotted in the menu that you can skip non essential drives. Not that I'll be doing that but take ****ing note Rockstar.

• Advertisement

Even though I won't be watching the playthroughs, I could help watch the race when I saw it on this thumbnail. Definitely not as hard as the original, AI made mistakes and he was in 1st most of the race but was close.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Do we have a cast list? The journalist's Irish accent came off a touch affected - but given the nature of the game I'd reckon a lot of accents are intentionally ramped up. I like the mannerisms in the cut scenes, many seem authentic, add a touch of humanity with the little glances and scratches of the nose.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Do we have a cast list? The journalist's Irish accent came off a touch affected - but given the nature of the game I'd reckon a lot of accents are intentionally ramped up. I like the mannerisms in the cut scenes, many seem authentic, add a touch of humanity with the little glances and scratches of the nose.

Cast here

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12354406/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Dameon Clarke as Oirish Detective Norman, Canadian-American, also voiced Handsome Jack in The Borderlands Pre-sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Love what I'm seeing of this remake. Mafia 1 was one of those games that just struck a chord and stays with you for years. Have often thought about trying to get it working on a modern pc but just knew it was probably better left to nostalgia.

I'm actually happy that this remake uses the world more for window dressing than trying to be a GTA clone. From what I've seen they have collectibles, and some of kind system akin to the treasure map thing on RDR, in this case where you can locate a new special car to add your garage. But there aren't thousands of side quests and distractions which just act as padding and a distraction from the narrative.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm guessing ps4 preload will be tomorrow for mafia 1?

• Advertisement

Yupp devs confirmed pre-load 48 hours before launch. Will be the last game i play on ps4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yupp devs confirmed pre-load 48 hours before launch. Will be the last game i play on ps4.

🙀

Did you get the trilogy or just Mafia 1? I got the trilogy and it's giving me the option to buy 1 which i guess it shouldn't. Hope that turns into a download link tomorrow anyway.

Did you get the trilogy or just Mafia 1? I got the trilogy and it's giving me the option to buy 1 which i guess it shouldn't. Hope that turns into a download link tomorrow anyway.

Just mafia 1, played the other 2 so no need for them.

So looks like the pre-download is live if you solely preordered Mafia 1 or bought the trilogy on xbox. No predownload for trilogy owners on ps4. Bollix acting.

So looks like the pre-download is live if you solely preordered Mafia 1 or bought the trilogy on xbox. No predownload for trilogy owners on ps4. Bollix acting.

What a load of crap, did you play mafia 2 and 3 before though?

Classic mode trophy, not looking forward to that.

What a load of crap, did you play mafia 2 and 3 before though?

Classic mode trophy, not looking forward to that.

Yeah i played them but really wanted to play Mafia 2 again so the trilogy was well worth it for me. I can't watch that at the moment but can't find trophy info. Does it just state there is a trophy for completing classic mode? I read that's the hardest difficulty with a lot of the difficulty and gameplay set to the original :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah i played them but really wanted to play Mafia 2 again so the trilogy was well worth it for me. I can't watch that at the moment but can't find trophy info. Does it just state there is a trophy for completing classic mode? I read that's the hardest difficulty with a lot of the difficulty and gameplay set to the original :)

Yep theres a trophy for completing in classic mode.

It's described as:
    Enemies are lethal
    No aim assist
    Police respond to more crimes and more aggressively (breaking traffic lights for example)
    Fewer UI indicators (no enemies or med boxes on map for example)
    Ammo left in clip when reloading is lost
    Regen health maxes to 20% whilst medkits refill less
    Driving is set to simulation, is tougher to drive, no assists and cars are less durable.

Yup Classic mode trophy, meant to be very tough, slightest thing sets off the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Advertisement

After 10 minutes of not being able to start Mafia 1 from psn store, i found a 2nd copy at the bottom of the search list which allowed me to choose a version, 40 euro or free. Downloading now. They made an absolute balls of our for people who bought the trilogy version. Oh well, no Mafia for me tonight.

I don't usually download overnight but said I would with this, left the PS4 in Rest Mode. Thank **** I did cuz my router went mental this morning and ISP said they have to send me a new router early next week, would have been fecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

picked this up for the weekend,

only really wanted it for 1 & 2 but the bundle is better value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭recyclops

30 quid for the first so pulled the trigger on that as i have 3 ( never played) and have 2 from gold

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I must say I played for 3 hours last night and the story (to me) is moving really fast...I'm wondering how long this will actually be

laneooo wrote: »
    I must say I played for 3 hours last night and the story (to me) is moving really fast...I'm wondering how long this will actually be

I think there are 20 missions, ACG said they got through it in a weekend alright. There is a freemode as well where you can uncover secrets around the city but I doubt there will be much replayability in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Has anyone here tried it on PC, I'm wondering what performance is like.
    Eurogamer said the PC version has some performance issues and I have a lesser graphics card than the one they reviewed with.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,848 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

eyerer wrote: »
    Has anyone here tried it on PC, I'm wondering what performance is like.
    Eurogamer said the PC version has some performance issues and I have a lesser graphics card than the one they reviewed with.

I'm sure Digitial Foundry will have a video up at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I think there are 20 missions, ACG said they got through it in a weekend alright. There is a freemode as well where you can uncover secrets around the city but I doubt there will be much replayability in it.

Yeah just finished, it's about 7-8 hours long (a bit disappointed in that) and that was with a good few checkpoint reloads/deaths. To me the story just seemed to move way too fast...I dunno...

• Advertisement
Advertisement