Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

rawn wrote: »
    Under a post about yer wan bring released from jail in Peru

"have u hurd you all .. so wat if they tried smoggling drugs .. have u seen the world poverty to day i would do the same if it ment feeding my kids and giving them a good life ."

Obviously the best way to relieve world poverty is to smuggle drugs.
    Sure wudent u smuggle drugs 2 if it ment getin a new Ifone for ur liddell angles .?
    Peeple now a days. So judge mental....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

coolhull wrote: »
    Obviously the best way to relieve world poverty is to smuggle drugs.
    Sure wudent u smuggle drugs 2 if it ment getin a new Ifone for ur liddell angles .?
    Peeple now a days. So judge mental....

Eh coolhull, it's 'smoggle'.
    'telpis

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i really hate when people tag themselves in a pub/niteclub and say 'drinking Alcoholic beverages or drinking everything alcoholic with' who gives a flying **** what ur drinking

That. Wrecks. My. Head.

It's so...silly. A friend recently put it up and reminded her that her bosses, who are Facebook friends with her in a responsible job, might not see the fun side. She didn't like my intrusion...but she took it down anyway. Why does anyone feel the need to advertise that they are drinking, it's hardly an achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

dee_mc wrote: »
    Eh coolhull, it's 'smoggle'.
    'telpis
    This is the one thing I haven't been able to crack in this thread. Somebody help me and tell me what telpis is supposed to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hrududu wrote: »
    This is the one thing I haven't been able to crack in this thread. Somebody help me and tell me what telpis is supposed to mean.

God help us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

"On my way home after feeding the homeless outside the GPO."

This one reminds me of one my cousin put up. She tagged her sister "Mary" in a picture of wrapped presents saying "Look Mary, our christmas presents for the homeless are ready to go".

Her and Mary live in the same house, ffs. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

That. Wrecks. My. Head.

It's so...silly. A friend recently put it up and reminded her that her bosses, who are Facebook friends with her in a responsible job, might not see the fun side. She didn't like my intrusion...but she took it down anyway. Why does anyone feel the need to advertise that they are drinking, it's hardly an achievement.

i do it.
    It's harmless fun , I don't get the hate.

Mind I'm not out a huge amount so it's only an occasional thing.
    maybe I'm not the target of your rage ...

arayess wrote: »
    i do it.
    It's harmless fun , I don't get the hate.

Mind I'm not out a huge amount so it's only an occasional thing.
    maybe I'm not the target of your rage ...

Not rage or hatred.

As I said, a friend if mine did it, I didn't end up enraged or hating her. I just expressed surprise as her bosses would read it.

She's 30, not 17, she took it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

On the subject of people tagging themselves out 'drinking everything alcoholic', a friend put up this status today:
    Trusty bin at the ready! Be singing into that later on tonight no doubt #pukeselfietofollow

Together with a photo of her 'puke bin', bought specially for her gin-fuelled nights out.

Twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Not rage or hatred.

As I said, a friend if mine did it, I didn't end up enraged or hating her. I just expressed surprise as her bosses would read it.

She's 30, not 17, she took it down.

ah , I'm only exaggerating to cause discussion...

but i'm 38 , I guess that's telling about me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I've found to my regret that lots of places won't let you on to their wifi until you 'check-in' to their business.

Pro-tip: Change your audience to 'only me' then check in and use internet without having to announce to the world where you are or what you're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

- feeling pissed off "This rain is miserable (devastated emoji) can't walk the doggies or ride my pony!! (umbrella emoji)"

Talk about first world problems! This girl is almost thirty and constantly posts s**t like this. She's bankrolled by 'hubby' and has absolutely no idea what it's like to live in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Not to mention the rain is made of water, not liquid hot magma, and she could definitely walk the dog in it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not to mention the rain is made of water, not liquid hot magma, and she could definitely walk the dog in it! :D

Their matching louis vuitton jackets will get wet.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Their matching louis vuitton jackets will get wet.:)

You thought you were joking there didn't you? :P These dogs having matching outfits on everyday of the week. Bandanas and jumpers usually. I have no idea whether the pony also has matching outfits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Update on the family Facebook row...

At least our daughter can see for her self first hand what an evil woman you really are. You shouldn't play with a child's mind. And I won't let it happen. This stops now. You have been given chance after chance. You shouldn't have to be asked to keep in contact with your own grandkids.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Update on the family Facebook row...

At least our daughter can see for her self first hand what an evil woman you really are. You shouldn't play with a child's mind. And I won't let it happen. This stops now. You have been given chance after chance. You shouldn't have to be asked to keep in contact with your own grandkids.

Facebook is totally the place for this.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

3 Posts from the same person. The effort that must go into purposely changing every word ending in ey to iii for reasons known only to herself.

"Hope you like your flowers my friend bright and cheerful just like you love & Miss you Dearlii"

"It's so lovelii to see all the mamii 's happii big happii mothers daii to all of yous ladies & to the strong willed women doing it on there own but I wana say the biggest happii mothers daii to my mam the mega bitch lol I'm her onlii girl happii mamii 's daii mothergoose hope you have a lovelii daii & get Spoiled"

"A Big Heavenly Happii Birthdaii To My Cousin Loved & Missed Dearlii Forever & Always In Our Thoughts"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

"ii" instead of "y"?! What is this, Bebo?! :pac:

• Advertisement

"ii" instead of "y"?! What is this, Bebo?! :pac:

The funny thing is she and her boyfriend run a dial-a-drink service through their facebook pages, and any posts about this weeks drink delivery offers or whatever, she switches back to perfectly normal spelling. But then for her personal posts, it's straight back to the weird bebo teenspeak again despite the fact she's about 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The funny thing is she and her boyfriend run a dial-a-drink service through their facebook pages, and any posts about this weeks drink delivery offers or whatever, she switches back to perfectly normal spelling. But then for her personal posts, it's straight back to the weird bebo teenspeak again despite the fact she's about 30

Woah woah woah woah back up there.

''Dial-a-drink?'' The hell is that?!

Kovu wrote: »
    Woah woah woah woah back up there.

''Dial-a-drink?'' The hell is that?!

There's loads of them on Facebook. This one calls herself "The Beer Baron". They stock up on trays of cans and bottles of spirits, then deliver them to people out of hours for double the price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

There's loads of them on Facebook. This one calls herself "The Beer Baron". They stock up on trays of cans and bottles of spirits, then deliver them to people out of hours for double the price

All relevant alcohol retail licences are in order I presume?

BattleCorp wrote: »

Presume they don't sell alcohol, they sell the delivery.

I'd say the taxman would love to pay them a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

How does that work then?

How does that work then?

I presume they don't purport to charge anything for the drink except the cost price, they charge for the transport. Much like any haulage company that charges for the delivery of alcohol, they don't need a liquor licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I presume they don't purport to charge anything for the drink except the cost price, they charge for the transport. Much like any haulage company that charges for the delivery of alcohol, they don't need a liquor licence.
    Yeah, let them tell that to Revenue.

• Advertisement

No I don't think they're clever enough that using a loophole like that would even cross their mind. Or more likely they just don't care. Especially when you see these posts every day:

"Remember people when the off license is closed were around 24/7 #TheBeerBaron"

"Bottle of Vodka & Mixer €35"
    "Box of Budweiser Bottles €35" etc etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement