Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,505 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Asked about no scratchcard in last few weeks yesterday and they send I need to spend €30 to get one. I generally get a few things in Lidl but not enough for €30

I have genuinely never spent €30 in Lidl and have gotten a few scratch cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I spent over €30 yesterday and no scratch card

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I never spend near 30 either, usually 0-15. Get scratchers every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Asked about no scratchcard in last few weeks yesterday and they send I need to spend €30 to get one. I generally get a few things in Lidl but not enough for €30

As already said, that's total rubbish.
    Any amount spent, will get you a scratch card and 10 hours after that you are eligible for another one.
    I spent over €30 yesterday and no scratch card

Very strange as I've spent well below that and got loads of scratch cards. :confused:
    Only thing might be, the app didn't register correctly when you scanned it, check your digital receipt and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,708 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Next week's app offers look meh-meh
    someone else can upload image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anybody ever get a reply from Lidl after contacting them via their help section on the app??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Did your offers not work today?
    I got free jellybabies and gnocchi, didn't buy anything. My wife then tried the same but hers didn't work, even after the cashier tried a couple of times and restarted the transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Seemingly some of the stores are having problems with their internet according to a manager in one of their stores today.
    Might explain the no cards if their machines aren't reading the app, also means transaction won't show on the digital receipt.
    I had to swipe the app 4 times in the same transaction before it registered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Nollog

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anybody ever get a reply from Lidl after contacting them via their help section on the app??
    I've used the app contact twice, I only got a response the last time, about a week later.
    You're better off going on Facebook messenger or WhatsApp

22/04
    New-Doc-2021-04-18-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

zell12 wrote: »
    22/04
    New-Doc-2021-04-18-1.jpg

yummmm...butter

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Can you claim the scratchcard rewards without a purchase? I havr gnocchi jelly babies and water to eventually pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Can you claim the scratchcard rewards without a purchase? I havr gnocchi jelly babies and water to eventually pick up

Yes if they're still active in your app.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

OmegaGene wrote: »
    if you scan the app as the shop assistant starts scanning your shopping there should be nobody within 2 metres of you and if there is then ask then to step back

I like to see the app has reduced the total price as I have heard stories here of it not working.

I politely asked two young black women behind me to step back 2m from the scan device the other day and they created a scene, said I was being " melodramatic" and they "were wearing masks"when the infectious disease experts clearly state 2m+ mask for indoor settings.
    The staff member did nothing.

I didn't tell them that a very close relative died from Covid as did a friend. People don't seem to care about others only themselves.

Covid is being contracted on supermarkets. I just am so disappointed in some people.

I find the security Lidl employ very ignorant.

Even with this great Lidl app I find Lidl isn't the cheapest, apart from the fruit & veg offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I like to see the app has reduced the total price as I have heard stories here of it not working.

I politely asked two young black women behind me to step back 2m from the scan device the other day and they created a scene, said I was being " melodramatic" and they "were wearing masks"when the infectious disease experts clearly state 2m+ mask for indoor settings.
    The staff member did nothing.

I didn't tell them that a very close relative died from Covid as did a friend. People don't seem to care about others only themselves.

Covid is being contracted on supermarkets. I just am so disappointed in some people.

I find the security Lidl employ very ignorant.

Even with this great Lidl app I find Lidl isn't the cheapest, apart from the fruit & veg offer.

As pointed out already if you scan the app as you walk through then you won't have issues where people have moved forward and you'll also speed things up for everyone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

All my treats/coupons have disappeared, anyone else having an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Lidl have announced that you will be able to get a free pack of sanitary towels or tampons on their app soon

"We're proud to announce that we are the first major retailer in the world to offer free period products in stores nationwide to combat period poverty in partnership with Homeless Period Ireland.

A Plan International study on young females in Ireland found that almost 50 per cent of girls aged between 12 and 19 found it difficult to pay for sanitary products.

Our new initiative means those in need will be able to claim a dedicated coupon for a free box of sanitary pads or tampons per customer each month through the Lidl Plus app.

We are also committing to quarterly donations of these products to The Simon Communities to ensure people experiencing homelessness - who may not have access to a smartphone - can access essential products.

Find out more: lidl.ie/Period-Poverty"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

All my coupons are still in the app.
    I visited Lidl on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and spent about €10 each time and got a coupon each time.
    My latest is for dog snacks or Gnocchi.

Our new initiative means those in need will be able to claim a dedicated coupon for a free box of sanitary pads or tampons per customer each month through the Lidl Plus app. Find out more: lidl.ie/Period-Poverty"
    First it was free choccies for Wimmens Day
    Now it is free sanitary pads

This is sexism, Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭gussieg

zell12 wrote: »
    First it was free choccies for Wimmens Day
    Now it is free sanitary pads

This is sexism, Lidl

Is it though? What exactly do you want with the sanitary pads ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

pc7 wrote: »
    All my treats/coupons have disappeared, anyone else having an issue?

Update the app and it should be fine. I had the same problem this morning.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Toulouse wrote: »
    Update the app and it should be fine. I had the same problem this morning.

Thanks that worked

• Registered Users Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭thesandeman

App available in NI now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HelenHelen

How do you update the app, I'm still collecting coupons, have wash up liquid, 50c and today tortillini but none of my coupons work for deductions. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

HelenHelen wrote: »
    How do you update the app, I'm still collecting coupons, have wash up liquid, 50c and today tortillini but none of my coupons work for deductions. Thanks

Are you activating your coupons before you go to the till?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Good form from Lidl - https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/lidl-announce-plan-provide-free-23938887

Lidl Ireland is set to become the first major retailer in the world to offer free period products in stores nationwide to women and girls across the country affected by period poverty.

The initiative was launched this morning by the supermarket, and it is in partnership with Homeless Period Ireland and The Simon Communities of Ireland.

Period poverty is described as the lack of access to sanitary products, menstrual hygiene education, toilets, hand washing facilities, and, or, waste management.

A study on young females in Ireland found that almost 50 per cent of girls aged between 12 and 19 found it difficult to pay for sanitary products

It has become a massive issue over the last few years, particularly since the onset of the pandemic.

But the new initiative means you will be able to claim a dedicated coupon for a free box of sanitary pads or tampons per customer each month through the company's Lidl Plus app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

okidoki987 wrote: »
    As already said, that's total rubbish.
    Any amount spent, will get you a scratch card and 10 hours after that you are eligible for another one.

Very strange as I've spent well below that and got loads of scratch cards. :confused:
    Only thing might be, the app didn't register correctly when you scanned it, check your digital receipt and see.

For example I check the offers and if nothing I want I don't scan the Lidl plus app, should I scan it every time even when not buying anything that is part of the offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

As pointed out already if you scan the app as you walk through then you won't have issues where people have moved forward and you'll also speed things up for everyone.

Yes but as elucidated earlier by other posters, sometimes the lidl app doesn't work, so at least you can see balance reducing. Furthermore the app scanner should be away from till operator for infection control. Why not have it beside card reader. This location makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Good form from Lidl - https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/lidl-announce-plan-provide-free-23938887

Lidl Ireland is set to become the first major retailer in the world to offer free period products in stores nationwide to women and girls across the country affected by period poverty.

The initiative was launched this morning by the supermarket, and it is in partnership with Homeless Period Ireland and The Simon Communities of Ireland.

Period poverty is described as the lack of access to sanitary products, menstrual hygiene education, toilets, hand washing facilities, and, or, waste management.

A study on young females in Ireland found that almost 50 per cent of girls aged between 12 and 19 found it difficult to pay for sanitary products

It has become a massive issue over the last few years, particularly since the onset of the pandemic.

But the new initiative means you will be able to claim a dedicated coupon for a free box of sanitary pads or tampons per customer each month through the company's Lidl Plus app.

Is this available to all women or just the 12-19 yos they ask for your age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SourSessions

GipsyMoth wrote:
    Is this available to all women or just the 12-19 yos they ask for your age

I'm 28 and registered.

Advertisement