Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-09-2020, 10:43   #3106
Old Jim

Think she knew my credit card was not from Turkey. She told me to go to Turkey and try it from there!
Anyone get an Irish credit card to work through the chat?
Advertisement
18-09-2020, 11:39   #3107
Standman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapy View Post
Similar situation to most on here, but got everything sorted via live chat support.

My wifes revolut card had a dodgy transaction, so card was cancelled. I forgot all about the Netflix subscription (paid in Turkish Liras) which was being deducted from her card each month. So the Netflix payment failed last week and the service stopped. I jumped onto my Turkey via VPN and tried to switch over to my revolut card, but no joy. Also tried switching to KBC and Ulster bank debit cards but again no joy. Then I turned off VPN and tried all cards again, but still no luck.

Then I tried the live chat and told them I was having issues trying to pay.
She asked what country I was in...I said Turkey.
She asked if I was using a VPN...I said No...I was of course logged into the chat session via VPN to turkey.
Then up popped a form, I banged in my revolut details and payment goes through straight away in Turkish Liras!

Did I just get lucky??

Seems like you did! I had the exact same scenario, contacted support chat and they told me it was just a "generic decline" and they didn't know why it was happening. Nothing they could do, they said!
18-09-2020, 11:45   #3108
Zapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standman View Post
Seems like you did! I had the exact same scenario, contacted support chat and they told me it was just a "generic decline" and they didn't know why it was happening. Nothing they could do, they said!
That's strange as I was also told it's a 'generic decline', but they went ahead and popped up the payment form within chat which allowed the revolut payment to go through.

Not sure what to make of it, but it does show that it's possible to switch to a different revolut card.

Last edited by Zapy; 18-09-2020 at 14:12.
18-09-2020, 23:44   #3109
jarvis

Just got an email from Netflix saying that Argentina has now introduced a tax on Netflix of 35%. It says I will now see this on my card asa separate payment.

Think I’ll cancel and checkout where is cheaper now. Anyone more current cheapest alternative country?
Thanks from:
19-09-2020, 06:33   #3110
gussieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
Just got an email from Netflix saying that Argentina has now introduced a tax on Netflix of 35%. It says I will now see this on my card asa separate payment.

Think I’ll cancel and checkout where is cheaper now. Anyone more current cheapest alternative country?
Same here. Was considering it anyway after the Cuties debacle
Advertisement
19-09-2020, 09:20   #3111
jarvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussieg View Post
Same here. Was considering it anyway after the Cuties debacle
You seem to be taking a more moral stance. I’m just looking for a cheaper subscription.
19-09-2020, 09:26   #3112
Johnny Derpp

I tried using netflix with a vpn but it won't let me. Netflix seems to know and tells me it won't work with a vpn on.
How do I get around this?
19-09-2020, 09:31   #3113
jarvis

Quote:

For anyone else wondering I’ve just just checked current Turkish prices. 4K is 42TL (€4.67 on XE.Com). 1080 is 29.90TL (€3.34 on XE.Com).

I’ll be switching from Argentina to Turkey now that Argentina has an extra 35% tax.

In answer to the last comment try a different VPN. I’m using vpn unlimited on my iPhone and it works fine.
Edit...
Re reading your question if you mean you’re trying to watch with a VPN rather than add a subscription with one then I don’t know that answer.
19-09-2020, 12:30   #3114
Mr.S

Quote:

Turkey!

41.99 TRY for the 4 device UHD plan = €4.87 (at time of charge last month, always goes up /down a bit) - some bargain versus the Irish plan.
Advertisement
19-09-2020, 12:56   #3115
senordingdong

But does not give you Turkish content etc?
19-09-2020, 13:15   #3116
DopeTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by senordingdong View Post
No, not unless you keep your vpn connected to turkey while watching it. Vpn is only needed for sign up. You'll get the content of whatever country you are in.
Thanks from:
19-09-2020, 13:24   #3117
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by senordingdong View Post
You get content based on the location your viewing from (Ireland) - you only connect to Turkey to sign up.

The only caveat to keep in mind is if you pick a non-EU country (Turkey), you aren't classed as a EU27 subscriber, so cross border portability doesn't apply. For the most part it's fine given how global Netflix is going with content.

https://news.newonnetflix.info/news/...0will%20change.

(and as people aren't traveling at the moment...)
(2) thanks from:
19-09-2020, 17:04   #3118
fafy

Can anyone recommend a VPN to use with Turkey Netflix, there are so many options, and some are 3 years upfront for the lowest monthly price, eg VPN unlimited.
19-09-2020, 17:11   #3119
Aquos76

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafy View Post
Can anyone recommend a VPN to use with Turkey Netflix, there are so many options, and some are 3 years upfront for the lowest monthly price, eg VPN unlimited.
Just download the Speedify app and set it to Turkey, sign up, then uninstall Speedify and away you go.
Thanks from:
19-09-2020, 17:25   #3120
bigboss1986

Just helped friend of mine.
His Netflix expired 2days ago.I used Speedify on my phone for Turkey ,however his Revolut didnt work so we left his irish card and signed up for 42Lira package.Then he logged in on his phone on irish Netflix and he was able to change payment method to Revolut.All was done in 10min

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion