Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Confused11811

First I heard of that. You doing it on PC or mobile? Where you able to select the streaming plan you wanted before it asked for the card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Trying from PC and I was able to select the streaming plan. Once I enter the card details it tells me there is something wrong with the card. When I signed up initially I was able to get past this by turning off the VPN, but it's not working that way now.

Account sharing days are probably numbers so not sure how long CamsGo will last.

Cheap EU or cheap US if you have a US payment card.

Emby/Plex for households with a tech savvy person to set it up and add content.

I've looked at stremio + torrentio + real debrid and set it up last night. That's another tech savvy single household solution but not as family friendly as Emby or Plex due to the multiple sources available on selecting a title for playback. That said it doesn't require massive PC storage. Not sure if I'm renew my RD subscription (I'm not a fan of these grey market providers), I just wanted to test it out.

Emby/Plex require a PC running them in the background

Post edited by Confused11811 on

Just close the page and check Netflix on your TV. There a similar issue with adding a recovery number during the initial setup on some regional sites . If you close out the Netflix page , clear history and log in without VPN your not prompted to add the recovery number, it might be the same for the backup payment method in you case the debit card.

What ever you do don't add a foreign card to a Turkish account. It will get nuked !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ooter

I'm using stremio on my devices at home and I don't need any PC running in the background, along with real debrid I'm getting everything i want to watch.

• Advertisement

Really !! I thought it on a home network the TV app connected to your PC with Stermio installed on it ....

I must have read the instructions wrong 🤣

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ooter

When I was setting up the account and adding my real debrid details I had to do it on my laptop but once I was set up I just had to log in to the app on my streaming devices.

You probably have to have your PC running if you're streaming stuff from your personal library but I just stream real debrid links.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Tried to sign up via Turkey and a VPN. Debit card didn't work, credit card worked. Now they want a Turkish phone number.

Anyone have a way around that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gussieg

If you've got unlimited data, nowtv has codes for a free month at the moment, and asteroid city and rocket science are on there now, both worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I got an option down the bottom of the page to skip adding a card. Not sure if it was there all the time but I had tried to add a card a few times unsuccessfully. I think the phone number is only required if you are using Paypal but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 WertdeerSC

Just bought a 200TL Netflix card from Turgame for €6.27. it's extended my sub from today but only until 9th April!! They must have really put the prices up in Turkey?!

Is anyone else using different countries? I assume there's an equivalent to Turgamer for them?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

I've it on my Firestick and anything I wanted to watch the last few weeks was available on it. Just takes a few minutes to open the app, but once loaded there is no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I've seen from my own and someone else's account that they are now stopping family sharing in different locations today when the accounts aren't using the same network.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

just touching on the Plexiglas/emby option and worth mentioning a library share is an option with these for a fee obviously, if you get a good one you have all the content from everywhere on one library and the user interface is easy to work with

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

How does it work when family are out and about watching via their phone? Are they stopped from watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The first 6 digits of the card identities the country the card was issued in. I'd imagine they have a total ban on non Turkish cards being added. Having said that back before the cull, some posters got their card added by contacting customer service m

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

So I successfully restarted my turkey account which had been nuked in the original clampdown. I purchased the 200TL gift card on turgame and applied with VPN on. All very simple, we will see how long it lasts!…..but for those who have used this way ie gift cards, can you add gift cards during the month to top up or do you wait until you get a notification that your acc needs topping up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Daughter was annoying me so I bought a month on z2u with a disposable revolut. First account didn't work, 2nd one they sent logs in but won't play and asking me to verify my account on netflix.com which has a different phone number attached. Seems to be some uk free sky account. anyways, i've shown her how to get Gossip girl on kodi instead lol

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

I rejoined the same as yourself with the gift card. I added a couple more and am now paid up till the end of May.

Thanks I wasn't aware of that but I suppose it's easy enough to do if I read up on it ( more homework 🤣)

But for the moment I really need to look into setting up my Emby for remote use. I've Intel hardware capable of transcoding multiple sources at the same time.

I'm on Virgin Media broadband so I've decent speeds and could easily have the kids and a second household setup up on android clients at 1080p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Not fully sure yet as i havent had a chance to test the theory!

I setup remote (outside of my home network) Emby last night.

It was so simple, literally 60 seconds and I was done.

Can't believe how easy it was. I've a really good library at the moment but I'll use Stremio and RD to download the extra content my kids would like.

Totally worth paying for it to avoiding those dodgy torrent sites and having direct access to download via a web interface is great.

I'll add that content to my Emby server.

Some excellent options available now !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

nice one @Confused11811

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Which payment option do ye use on Turgame? Was gonna use Gpay as I thought it was Google pay but brings me to some other dodge turkey payment page.. which option is safe do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I picked the first option, they all just add on a fee anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Ok thanks.. not worried about the fee as it's tiny anyway.. more concerned about which payment type is secure .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think you can only do 3 months at a time for €12 - so not hugely risky..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I topped up another voucher, would only let me do it with vpn turned off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

Anyone getting an incorrect password error when trying to login on a PC? It's still working on TV/Phone, so I don't want to go messing with anything in case it's another cull.

Advertisement