Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I moved back to Turkey, from Nigeria with the original account.

Used gift cards this time from g2a.

Code didn't go through first couple of times. Turned off VPN and tried, was told I can't use gift card here. Turned back on VPN and it worked (for now! )

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Confused11811

You might be geo-locked to Turkey for the 1st month with a new account. A VPN may be required to view otherwise Netflix will error.

This is a relatively new thing , widely reported on Ozbargains and elsewhere

If it's a country in the eurozone then Netflix are obligated to take payment from cards from all eurozone countries, easily gotten euro vouchers might work too if someone is brave enough to try.

Whether Netflix stick to EU law on EU payment methods that is another thing. You'll most likely require a local number to add a payment card. IP tracking and geo restrictions could become a thing too.

I'm think I'm okay with Turkey for the moment as I have a Turkish debit card (FUPS) now added to my account but I'm going to pay using vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭accensi0n

With using Netflix that I signed up to using a VPN. Less than 5 euro for over 2 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

how do i buy gift card for turkish account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭redunited

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

Magic. Fair play. Glad someone is still getting the better of them.

Thanks. Never heard of FUPS till now. Can you select what country you want a credit card for or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

Noooo

I paid on 19th of Feb for Turkish one €7 and on same day was cancelled with no refund, I moved to Indian three days ago, paid €7. Didn't even watch one movie and account was canceled without refund as well. Bast@%&ds !! 😂

Any idea where go now?

No it's an actual Turkish bank and debit card. It was possible to open an account online without a Turkish ID. But that's no longer possible. I started a thread on boards about it. It wasn't the easiest method but it could be done, that loophole is now closed

• Advertisement

What's Z2U? Is it vouchers you buy on that or a new Netflix account? Had a quick look and there are offers showing at 8USD for 6 months 4K Netflix?? Surely I'm misunderstanding here?

Netflix vouchers as payment seem to be the way to go.

According to Netflix vouchers bought in a different country to where the account is set up can be used as long as the currency is the same.

So US dollar vouchers on low fee Netflix account that take payment in dollars should work. If a low cost country accepting dollar vouchers can be identified this might be the cheapest option now. Going forward I can see Turkish gift cards being sold at a premium by third parties so it might be cheaper to go with a US dollar country.

Euro vouchers should work on low fee EU countries like Bulgaria. I imagine all EU bank cards will have to be accepted by Netflix for eurozone countries however you'll most likely need a mobile number from the country to add the card to the account.

Personally I fine with my Turkish setup. Looks like I can get cashback on Turkish Netflix payments made via the FUPS card I have. That's if I decide to move from vouchers.

However I might look into finding a cheaper price from a US dollar accepting country

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The jig is up. My account was with turkey since 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭crinkley

I'm done now too, good whilst it lasted think I'll sign up twice a year and binge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Shame, It seems like a global thing according to r/netflixvpn on reddit. Everyone will be jumping on the high seas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Anyone simply password sharing and paying normal Irish prices?

Is it still working?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Relax folks ! Even if nigeria/India stops(which willl) you can access all netflix shows through other sources…

Ya. I got a 200TL voucher on G2A that added to my account with no issues. Voucher cost 7 euro. I rejoined with 2 screen option so will get slightly over a month from that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Back via turkey using a giftgard, only topped up by 100tl, thats 13 days on top tier, I'll see if it lasts that long before stepping in again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Of course, but ease of use and interface is great for kids. So at €4 a month on average over the last few years it's been great.

This. Only reason I'm still with Netflix. I don't really watch it. But wife and kids do and they just like the ease of use, no nonsense interface. I can see where they're coming from too in fairness

As a test I've set up a Netflix Belize basic account it accepted Revolut mastercard. No local phone number was required but it did recommend one for account recovery reasons, I ignored that. There was no option to add voucher payment at signing up, but there is the option of redeeming a voucher when the account is completed and set up.

It's the cheapest US dollar account out there at $7.99 for the 4k package, which isn't to far off the price of the Turkey account. I cancelled the subscription straight away my thinking is Netflix may not nuke a canceled account. If it's not nuked by the end of the month I'll see about adding a US dollar netflix voucher and then resubscribe with the voucher as payment option.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Accounts.Ive been using them before Turkey.Bought 2 this morn.All good.Pick up one with individual profile.Never had any hassle.If stops working before expires you get new one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

A decent emby or plex library share is the way to go and has a decent interface, my lad has been using them since he was 5

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

Do you know how long 1 screen option would be? Looks like you need vpn to buy, do you need vpn to redeem also?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bought 3 vouchers from turgame but when I tried to add the 3rd it got to the "Oh that's a nice 200TL voucher" screen but when continuing, it gave me the error message. And now think I lost that voucher. Will try again tomorrow. Other 2 have me covered to mid April now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Netflix can act up if loading several vouchers at the same time. Waiting a few days should resolve it. If you have more than one profile, log in to a different one and you should be able to load the voucher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

I do remember someone mention using a curve card a few year ago as a work around. Anyone still using this method?

Advertisement