Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Yes but in Tesco all is together so head office states that they must take the vouchers for everything.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yes but in Tesco all is together so head office states that they must take the vouchers for everything.

Not necessarily. I've received Tesco vouchers in the past that are only valid for, say, clothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Graham Norton New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and Merlot, normally sells at €12-€15 per bottle (fact), is currently 6 for €50.00 less 5% off original price (€3.60) so 6 bottles of good wine for €46.40 or €7.73 per bottle.

Have others too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,209 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Tesco seemed to have raised the game in the Dine in for Two €10 deal... now includes a whole corn fed chicken!
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32306575

Just had the Monkfish fillets with chunky chips, and petits poits, leeks and pancetta... washed down with a NZ sauvignon blanc from the 6 for €50 wine special. I had my doubts about monkfish fillets from a supermarket meal deal, but they were fantastic.

Dessert to follow...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,209 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

vicwatson wrote: »
    Graham Norton New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and Merlot, normally sells at €12-€15 per bottle (fact), is currently 6 for €50.00 less 5% off original price (€3.60) so 6 bottles of good wine for €46.40 or €7.73 per bottle.

Point of order, it's a GN Shiraz not Merlot (I was getting my hopes up!).

But other than that, great deal:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32331469

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Always looking after the Sauvignon Blanc drinkers. That Casillero Pinot Grigio is bloody awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Point of order, it's a GN Shiraz not Merlot (I was getting my hopes up!).

But other than that, great deal:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32331469

Whoopsie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,345 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Cadburys Heroes 606 grms for 4 euro - save 4.95.
    They're having a laugh. The most these are worth is 4 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

One4All automatic 3 port HDMI switcher was something like €22 in Clearwater when I saw it the weekend, probably the same price in all stores that sell it. It's currently €36.95 in Powercity which seems to be the standard price in b&m stores.

http://www.oneforall.com/sv1630-automatic-hdmi-switch.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Do Tesco still take competitors' spend and save vouchers, including till spits e.g dunnes €10 off €50? It has been a while since I used one and I noticed they have taken down the signs to that effect in my local store, so was wondering if they were no longer doing it?

Thanks
    Well they are still taking them in my local store!
    slave1 wrote: »
    They do and Supervalu have them in their current mailings, we have 6 off 30 spend, one a week for the next 4 weeks

Sorry, not a bargain, but does anyone know if Tesco accept competitor vouchers for a specific branch?

The folks got 4 x 10 off 50 Aldi vouchers through the door, to be used in their local Aldi, which was closed for refurbishment (presume that's the reason for the vouchers).

Can they be used in Tesco (not in the same town, but 15 miles away)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,830 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Sorry, not a bargain, but does anyone know if Tesco accept competitor vouchers for a specific branch?

The folks got 4 x 10 off 50 Aldi vouchers through the door, to be used in their local Aldi, which was closed for refurbishment (presume that's the reason for the vouchers).

Well I know my local Tesco used to anyway but the competitors vouchers were always from a town nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

ThisRegard wrote: »
    One4All automatic 3 port HDMI switcher was something like €22 in Clearwater when I saw it the weekend, probably the same price in all stores that sell it. It's currently €36.95 in Powercity which seems to be the standard price in b&m stores.

http://www.oneforall.com/sv1630-automatic-hdmi-switch.html

home store & more, have these for 9.99 < without the remote control

just in case people wants a cheaper option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

hearsay wrote: »

Do either actually work?
    I've bought a couple of models from amazon and none functioned correctly so had to be returned. Would gladly try any of these if they're working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

UsedToWait wrote: »

They might. Is that the nearest tesco to the Aldi being refurbished?

Last time i had these they took them in the nearest Tesco but also in 2 tescos that were further away. I asked at customer service desk before shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

hearsay wrote: »

I think the ones without the remote control need to be powered by mains, whereas the ones that come with the remote are HDMI powered (I may be wrong on that, but I saw something along those lines on a FAQ on the One4All website.)
    Do either actually work?
    I've bought a couple of models from amazon and none functioned correctly so had to be returned. Would gladly try any of these if they're working.

When I went to set mine up I realised I was a HDMI cable short and couldn't have been arse getting into the attic to get one, but the only issues I've read about them is that the automatic switching doesn't always work as expected for some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

CH3OH wrote: »
    Various Club Orange, Rock shandy, lemon
    7 up, Pepsi, TK lemonade, Cidona and a few others
    2L

Are 5 for 5 euro until 5 dec

just seeing that now online, and these are all still 2L bottles unlike coke and their 1.75L

full list of 5 for 5 here, there are tonic waters and ginger ale too
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32328949

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Thanks for the tip on the finest dine for two range. Some lovely food ordered! The diet can be forgotten about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,830 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My local Tesco has boxes of Kellogg Rice krispies(1.1kg) and Corn Flakes(1.2kg) for €4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Probably posted already but Walkers Thai red spicey Sensations are 50 cent a bag in tesco paul st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,401 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Advertisement

Tesco Soda Water 1 Litre 29 cents. Really cheap. But don't get the 4 pack.
    This is likely the old price matching/bettering trick -while the mindless morons will just presume mulitpacks are cheaper and grab them instead.

Tesco now have a 2L ginger beer with no added sugar for just 48c. I tried it but was not a big fan but am not really a ginger beer fan anyway, a friend who was liked it. I gave it a try at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,017 ✭✭✭✭zell12

This tinned salmon was reduced to €1.95
    It had a 'discontinued' sel.
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/258098091

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

zell12 wrote: »
    This tinned salmon was reduced to €1.95
    It had a 'discontinued' sel.
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/258098091

Which Tesco store had this on offer, it's a steal at that price. Well be checking my local in Roselawn later. Not showing up on www.tesco.ie
    Cheers freebee23

freebee23 wrote: »
    Which Tesco store had this on offer, it's a steal at that price. Well be checking my local in Roselawn later. Not showing up on www.tesco.ie
    It's being discontinued, I'm sure it's gone now, it's only 50% off, was €3.89

L'or coffee range 50% off, reduced to clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

zell12 wrote: »
    L'or coffee range 50% off, reduced to clear

Not in Mahon Point anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Not in Mahon Point anyway.

Not in Lucan, Celbridge or Maynooth.
    Note- Maynooth has some smaller new jars- 165grm- replacing the 200grm jars- but they're not discounting their stocks of the 200grm jars.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

Hi guys a lot of dog treats reduced.

This box of treats has ten pouches inside and is scanning for 4 euro but marked 11.50 on shelf

EDIT : didn't allow me attach picture as too big. It's big box of Pedigree Mega Box of Rodeo Treats with 10 bags in the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

Green & Blacks Milk And White Mini Chocolate Bars 12, 75% off now only 2.49

in case people missed the other threads and are subscribed to this. Sunday world (E2.50) have 10 off a 50euro spend for dunnes/tesco today, valid till 7th feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

12 pack tayto assorted flavours pack, branded €3. SEL Priced at €1.50 Tesco Mahon. Paul St has these at €3.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

10% off 25eur itunes vouchers until Feb 14th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Bargains at Tesco are thin on the ground these days. I've noticed very few recently. Just these few:

2018 Diaries 75% off
    2018 Calendars 75 % off
    Amaryllis, hyacinths, paperwhites in bowls/glass containers 75% off (that was two weeks ago, prob all gone now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Bargains at Tesco are thin on the ground these days. I've noticed very few recently. Just these few:

2018 Diaries 75% off
    2018 Calendars 75 % off
    Amaryllis, hyacinths, paperwhites in bowls/glass containers 75% off (that was two weeks ago, prob all gone now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

Lindt big bars of dark chocolate (78%) and lime flavour down to 70 cent and 67 cent all other flavours > €2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Bulmers 500ml cans, original, light, pear and strawberry/lime are scanning through tills at 2 for 2euro.
    They should be 4for8 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,345 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gobo99 wrote: »
    Bulmers 500ml cans, original, light, pear and strawberry/lime are scanning through tills at 2 for 2euro.
    They should be 4for8 euro.
    The pear one is great if you're constipated.:D

coke 1.75L are 2 for 3.50, but there are also 2L coke zeros at the same price, diet coke shows online too but I saw none in the shop.

they are called 1.75L +250ml free and not in contour bottles.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

valid until 6/3/2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Tesco Cabra, Bakers best 6 pack Jumbo Sausage rolls, 6x170g, coming up as Chicken slice €1.00. Large black box.

• Advertisement

4 x 1 litre Soda Water €0.99. When I posted before it was €2.56 even though the individual bottles were only €0.29 each.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256608707

4 x 1 litre Soda Water €0.99. When I posted before it was €2.56 even though the individual bottles were only €0.29 each.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256608707

Smaller packs are often cheaper in tesco. You see people blindly getting big packs presuming they were cheaper. In fact I remember one poster actually asking if this was legal!!!

On example is toilet roll, the nicky 3 ply elite is cheaper per roll in the 4 pack than the 9 pack, note it is part of the "800", it could be price matching other supermarkets
    Nicky Elite Toilet Tissue 9 Roll
    This product features as part of The 800

Rest of Toilet Roll shelf
    €4.50 (€0.50/each)
    Add to basket

Quantity

Add to basket
    Nicky Elite T/Tissues White 4 Rolls
    This product features as part of The 800

Rest of Toilet Roll shelf
    €1.79 (€0.45/each

the nicky 2 ply version is the other way around, the 4 pack is dearer per roll as most would expect.

Some other products are just barely cheaper in mulitpacks

Indeed, that is very common with lots of products.

But for multi packs they go to the trouble of printing special labels with no barcode. I know because I picked up two bottles of the soda water recently, and only realised there was no barcode when I went to the till. The conclusion was that someone had opened the multipack of four. It was a really weird pricing which went on for a long time, but someone saw sense in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,533 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

5 for €5 on certain medium Easter Eggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Tesco strawberries, priced at 2.49 but scanning for 1 euro in tesco Douglas and wilton

Dunnes vouchers in sunday independent, can be used in tesco
    Dunnes voucher in Tomorrow's life magazine in the Independent! €10 off €50.

New range of frozen poultry products
    Chicken kievs 250g €1.08
    Chicken burgers 456g €1.08
    Chicken steaks 380g €1.64

and others
    *may contain horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just size 4 39 (active fit)pack was reduced in Arklow to €2.25 from €8.99

445279.jpg

(could be clearance as Pampers reduce pack size?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I noticed they have a wall of scanners in Tesco Ardkeen, stating "coming soon".

Will make bargain hunting a lot easier in future!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I noticed they have a wall of scanners in Tesco Ardkeen, stating "coming soon"!
    I heard they were in mine too, and heard checkout ladies were saying people were strolling out with stolen vodka. Could depend on the area where they last.

• Advertisement
Advertisement