Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nobbin

nava wrote:
    also if you buy 6 packs you get 25% off. Making less than €10 per bottle normal price €23 per bottle.

Mmm.... Thanks for the tip but multi-buy for 6 packs not being applied :-(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

nobbin wrote: »
    Mmm.... Thanks for the tip but multi-buy for 6 packs not being applied :-(

Ok it did work for me in store earlier, maybe the last day for 25% off was today so for home delivery it doesn't apply it as it will be tomorrow, I'm guessing that, strange as there was no signs in store about the 25% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

nava wrote: »
    Ok it did work for me in store earlier, maybe the last day for 25% off was today so for home delivery it doesn't apply it as it will be tomorrow, I'm guessing that, strange as there was no signs in store about the 25% off.

25% finished today according to ads and online this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Just checked the Tesco website and the Marque de Riscal Reserva is showing as 150ml. They display the unit price as €166.67 per litre :eek:. Is this a pricing error, as I thought the bottles were 750ml each.
    Can someone please advise....
    Cheers,
    freebee23

freebee23 wrote: »
    Just checked the Tesco website and the Marque de Riscal Reserva is showing as 150ml. They display the unit price as €166.67 per litre :eek:. Is this a pricing error, as I thought the bottles were 750ml each.
    Can someone please advise....
    Cheers,
    freebee23

yes the bottles are normal bottles 750ml, I think someone forgot to add a 0 on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just a heads up that online offers don't necessarily mean that offer will be in-store.
    I saw a bottle of moisturiser on offer on Tesco's website for €2.99 but when I went in-store, it was full price.
    I queried it with an assistant and she said sometimes the online prices are only for online and not in-store.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Just a heads up that online offers don't necessarily mean that offer will be in-store.
    I saw a bottle of moisturiser on offer on Tesco's website for €2.99 but when I went in-store, it was full price.
    I queried it with an assistant and she said sometimes the online prices are only for online and not in-store.

It was in store (Tallaght), if the price at the shelve show as €45 check the price scanner or at till as it scans as €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Today my local Tesco had Donegal Catch battered fish (cod?) for €4 and sign that said buy three items (one main, one starter, one dessert) for €6. Usually they have the meal offers items conveniently shelved beside one another. But not there. I found Green Isle oven chips with the same tag - since that can hardly be a main, I took that to qualify for a side. And in the ice-cream cabinet, the sign was on three flavours of Cornetto.

I went to register with one of each - Donegal Catch, GI chips, Cornetto. They all scanned at full price, coming to €10+ and offer price did not come up when I went to pay. I put them back, or attendant did.

Anyone get this deal and know what it consists of? Maybe they are old signs that should have been taken down or they are early in putting up signs for tomorrow. I think exp was 24/4/17.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Carte Noire 200g down to €3.75. Rathfarnham. Hidden behind l'Or.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Carte Noire 200g down to €3.75. Rathfarnham. Hidden behind l'Or.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

leck wrote: »
    Today my local Tesco had Donegal Catch battered fish (cod?) for €4 and sign that said buy three items (one main, one starter, one dessert) for €6. Usually they have the meal offers items conveniently shelved beside one another. But not there. I found Green Isle oven chips with the same tag - since that can hardly be a main, I took that to qualify for a side. And in the ice-cream cabinet, the sign was on three flavours of Cornetto.

I went to register with one of each - Donegal Catch, GI chips, Cornetto. They all scanned at full price, coming to €10+ and offer price did not come up when I went to pay. I put them back, or attendant did.

Anyone get this deal and know what it consists of? Maybe they are old signs that should have been taken down or they are early in putting up signs for tomorrow. I think exp was 24/4/17.

Saw that offer under the Donegal Catch section alright in Roselawn but couldn't see any side or dessert under the same offer so aborted the Donegal Catch purchase and bought Green Isles cod pieces instead that were on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Not a bargain as such, but I've noticed in the freezer section lately they have smoothie mixes, diced coconut and avocado halves. They look pretty good but I'm curious are they worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Apt8 wrote: »
    Not a bargain as such, but I've noticed in the freezer section lately they have smoothie mixes, diced coconut and avocado halves. They look pretty good but I'm curious are they worth it?

They are worth it if you are in the market for such items and the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Apt8 wrote: »

I haven't heard anything good about the avocadoes tbh.
    Everyone is saying they're mushy and taste wrong.
    How would the frozen coconut work?
    I imagine you'd have to defrost it before blending? Wouldn't it be rock hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

fussyonion wrote: »
    How would the frozen coconut work?
    I imagine you'd have to defrost it before blending? Wouldn't it be rock hard?

Coconut is 33% fat it blends fine of that fat 88% is saturated though so don't be under the illusion its healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Tesco Wexford
    Lindt 485g chocolate €4.20

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mancho

Not something I'd go for but,

Hershey Cookies and Cream bars, 6 pack - €1

Seems like decent value, ends 30/05 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,838 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Have to say I think that the taste & smell of Hersheys chocolate reminds me of puke

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Coconut is 33% fat it blends fine of that fat 88% is saturated though so don't be under the illusion its healthy.
    some people eat coconut oil by the spoon for health reasons, don't be under the illusion that saturated fat automatically means it is "unhealthy"
    Seve OB wrote: »
    Have to say I think that the taste & smell of Hersheys chocolate reminds me of puke
    this is on purpose

How some bars like Hershey's contain the chemical that gives VOMIT its smell and taste

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Not exactly bargain of the century but 100g jars of L'Or coffee now €4 while the 200g jars are €10.69!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

425g HP sauce on sale

SAVE 85c Was 2.85 Now 2.00 valid from 18/4/2017 until 15/5/2017

however the same size & bottle is 1.50 in dealz

http://www.dealz.ie/heinz-hp-sauce-425g

there are lots of known brand groceries in dealz now, but it can be hard to gauge if they are cheap or not since you often have nothing to compare to. e.g. in tesco you might have 5 brands of brown sauce in varying sizes of bottles and so it is easier to determine if it is relatively cheap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

et101 wrote: »
    Not exactly bargain of the century but 100g jars of L'Or coffee now €4 while the 200g jars are €10.69!!!!!!

Same price flash in Supervalu and Dunnes.
    Its a reasonable price for the coffee- as opposed to a good bargain.
    I bought 13 for 42 with a 10-off-50 voucher from Dunnes (I drink a lot of coffee).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Same price flash in Supervalu and Dunnes.
    Its a reasonable price for the coffee- as opposed to a good bargain.
    I bought 13 for 42 with a 10-off-50 voucher from Dunnes (I drink a lot of coffee).

Is this just Carte Noir rebranded or a different/new product? (hope this isn't going off topic - apologies if so)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is this just Carte Noir rebranded or a different/new product? (hope this isn't going off topic - apologies if so)

Carte Noir was sold by Jacobs Douwe Egberts to Lavazza last year, with the deal including a stipulation that the Lavazza would phase out the Carte Noir brand in certain markets over an 18 month period. The L'Or you see in the shops now- comes in 4 different varieties- one of which equates with the classic Carte Noir you or I are familiar with (another of which is an instant version of caffeteire Lavazza).

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ColmEm

Anyone else get the "Unlimited deliveries for 6 months for €3" email? Was expecting catches, can't find them.

Edit: Not €3 each time, a once off €3 payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

ColmEm wrote: »
    Anyone else get the "Unlimited deliveries for 6 months for €3" email? Was expecting catches, can't find them.

Edit: Not €3 each time, a once off €3 payment.

Yeap signed up there, just remember to cancel once the times up & it's great, saving of €57. Have to spend €50 per order but handy for bulky items every second week or so.

Did it the last time but that was €3 for three months & we made great use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ColmEm

Keogh08 wrote: »
    Yeap signed up there, just remember to cancel once the times up & it's great, saving of €57. Have to spend €50 per order but handy for bulky items every second week or so.

Did it the last time but that was €3 for three months & we made great use of it.

I'll use a temporary card so they won't be able to charge it again.

Given we're out in the sticks and over 20 miles from Tesco (and other large supermarkets) it's going to work out very well. No problem with the min €50 spend. Was already aware of it because I considered signing up before at the regular price.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Just looking through the terms there, careful with the cancellation, if you cancel within 14 days and before receiving a delivery you'll be refunded, and after receiving a delivery you'll be refunded minus the cost of that delivery slot.

So just wait the 14 days and then cancel, won't have to worry about it automatically renewing and getting charged full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

5 Irish chicken fillets for €5 at the meat counter at Tesco in Galway (~820g).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

McCambridges gluten free brown bread €3.19 a loaf or 2 for €2.75

Advertisement