Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭uli84

Oh I haven't received money off vouchers (yet i hope), nothing from supervalu either, aaah they don't like me anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Slab of Guinness now €24 (28 in Dunnes and Lidl) €18 for Coors (20 in Lidl and €22 in Dunnes. Matching Aldi and Lidl for Smirnoff €17 - €20 in Dunnes. Noticed when in today that Coors was advertised for both €20 and €18 and Jameson 70cl was advertised as €20 and five yards away €25. When I pointed this out the staff member said it was the cheapest price applied - but he made no effort to remove the higher price sticker in either case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Got one '10E off when spending >50' and three '12E off when spending >60' in the post myself.

+1
    I was given 4 x €16 off €100 this time round. I'll be hard pressed to get near that spend in my (small) Tesco.

Phone credit 5 x 20 or part thereof if stuck.
    €100 is a big spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

joeysoap wrote: »
    Slab of Guinness now €24 (28 in Dunnes and Lidl) €18 for Coors (20 in Lidl and €22 in Dunnes. Matching Aldi and Lidl for Smirnoff €17 - €20 in Dunnes. Noticed when in today that Coors was advertised for both €20 and €18 and Jameson 70cl was advertised as €20 and five yards away €25. When I pointed this out the staff member said it was the cheapest price applied - but he made no effort to remove the higher price sticker in either case.

Website says 25€ for coors:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

vicwatson wrote: »
    Website says 25€ for coors:confused:

The website uses guide pricing the actual price will differ when scanned instore. If you end up paying more you can refuse at the door.

• Advertisement

The website uses guide pricing the actual price will differ when scanned instore. If you end up paying more you can refuse at the door.

Not ime it doesn't

It states clearly - "Any 24 for €25 valid from 12/12/2016 until 24/12/2016"

Heineken also €25, Guinness is €24

Tesco extra Dundalk, definitely €18.

Tesco extra Dundalk, definitely €18.

Aha, "border" counties Tesco only I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

amor3 wrote: »
    Yeah I got more money off vouchers, still no clubcard vouchers though!
    I got both money-off (4 x 5/25) and clubcard vouchers in the recent run, but nothing in the last few days. Maybe not everyone is getting them this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Anyone know/think if 25% off wine offer will be back before Christmas in Tesco?

Nothing on their website.

• Advertisement

Didn't think of that. Possible alright. €18 is a good price. (3 x €22 in Dunnes - 10 voucher = €56. €18 x 3 = €54 with no voucher or coupon.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    +1

Phone credit 5 x 20 or part thereof if stuck.
    €100 is a big spend.

Think they don't allow that.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Think they don't allow that.

Yes they do. Bought phone credit with a voucher today at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Variety box of walkers for 4 quid in dundalk today. 30 packs altogether.. seems decent to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

3 x Walker's sensations 4 euro.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    What are they? sounds like insoles.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

leck wrote: »

Posh crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

L1011 wrote: »
    Posh crisps.

yeah normally 2.99 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I got both money-off (4 x 5/25) and clubcard vouchers in the recent run, but nothing in the last few days. Maybe not everyone is getting them this time.

Only got the clubcard vouchers, no X off Y spend ever from Tesco

This is a Tesco thread, but a heads up Guinness now €24 in Dunnes as well as Tesco and you get your discount voucher back if you spend €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Logo

This is a Tesco thread, but a heads up Guinness now €24 in Dunnes as well as Tesco and you get your discount voucher back if you spend €50.

Apologies for hijacking the Tesco thread but does mobile credit purchase qualify for the Dunnes spend 50 for 40 voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Logo wrote: »
    Does mobile credit purchase qualify for the Dunnes spend 50 for 40 voucher?
    It seems it does. If I had to travel some distance to tesco I would print out this page in the link below in case there was a dispute. The tesco employees seem fairly clueless about their own stores rules etc. Not sure if anyone did have trouble buying phone credit though.

http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/
    Competitor coupons for our customers
    Terms and conditions in Tesco Ireland 23.03.2016

We accept Competitor supermarket Spend & Save coupons – e.g. €5 off every €50 – see example below
    We accept spend & save coupons only from Dunnes Stores, SuperValu, Lidl and Aldi
    We do not accept spend & save coupons for the purchase of Gift cards, Fuel and normal Clubcard exclusions e.g. tobacco, infant formulae, lottery tickets, medicine, savings stamps
    We do not accept competitor loyalty scheme vouchers – e.g. ValueClub vouchers
    We do not accept competitor product coupons e.g. 50c off Krispy Cornflakes 700g
    Competitor supermarket Spend & Save coupons can be accepted at any till
    Only original Spend & Save coupons can be accepted – no photocopies and we cannot accept coupons in emails or texts
    Only 1 “Spend & Save” coupon can be presented per transaction and a maximum of two coupons can be accepted per customer per day
    We can only accept Spend & Save coupons that are in date and when the customer meets the minimum spend threshold outlined on the coupon
    Spend & Save coupons presented after the transaction is complete and payment by customer cannot be accepted / exchanged for cash. Customers can use the coupon on their next shopping trip once it is still in date
    Spend & Save coupons can be used with your Tesco Grocery home shopping. Please give the voucher to the driver when they deliver the shopping. A full refund will be processed back onto the payment card when the driver returns to the Grocery Department. If you are availing of click and collect then please present the coupon to the colleague in the click and collect unit. Our colleagues give it to their dot com manager who will arrange a refund for the customers

Gift cards are excluded which is a bit vague. Not sure if you can buy argos or itunes ones, I would guess not. Other people manage to buy tesco vouchers. But phone credit should not fall under gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Logo

Thanks for taking time to reply - but wanted to know if Dunnes spend & save vouchers allow the purchase of mobile credit to qualify in Dunnes Stores outlets. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

L1011 wrote: »
    Posh crisps.

*Crisps in posh packaging.....nice crisps though!
    yeah normally 2.99 each.

I see them frequently on offer

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Logo wrote: »
    Thanks for taking time to reply - but wanted to know if Dunnes spend & save vouchers allow the purchase of mobile credit to qualify in Dunnes Stores outlets. Thanks again!

Nope, unfortunately mobile top-ups are specifically excluded in the T&Cs of the Dunnes Shop & Save vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

back to Tesco offers
    Coke offer 5 for €5 until 20th

403956.jpg

Lipton Fresh Nature green tea, 20 pyramid teabags 56c. Not on website, so probably a clearance item.

Tesco had boxes of crisps for sale (King, Tayto ) last week for €4 . Don't know if any left but you can get 12 + 6 free of Tayto for €3, which is better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

6 for €40 and 6 for €50 wine deals on again until Christmas Eve.

Sangre de toro and Castillo di Diablo on the €40 deal. Campo Viejo Reserva on the 6 for €50 is well worth the extra tenner. There could be more too.

Also, 6 packs of Hunky Dorys for 50c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

stimpson wrote: »
    Sangre de toro and Castillo di Diablo on the €40 deal.
    In my most humble opinion - no thanks.
    stimpson wrote: »
    Campo Viejo Reserva on the 6 for €50 is well worth the extra tenner. There could be more too.
    Now you're talking!
    BUT I availed of this recently and one of the bottles was just OFF. I had a bottle next to it with a bottle number that was sequential or nearly sequential and it was the usual taste but the first bottle was awful.

What does one do there - bring it back to somebody in tesco and shove it under their nose "here smell this, it's awful"?

Advertisement