Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Have a great time, @gidget! 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭BK5

Have a great time @gidget . Don't forget to visit the Christmas shop over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Great to hear @gidget, have a great weekend.

Morning all

Damp start here however is due to pick up.

Happy Friday, a few more hours and then can relax into the long weekend.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Very grey here, afraid to hang out the washing :D Here's hoping for the sunny weather forecast for tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Picking up here now and sun has even made an appearance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Same story here! Have two loads ready to go out on the line but hasn't been great so far! Sun starting to peek out so hopefully get them out now at lunchtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've got a load ready to go on tonight (cheaper unit rate) so I can get it out in the morning.

Bank holidays used to be house parties and pubs now I'm trying to get the heaviest stuff in my first wash so it can get the best of the drying on the line.

I relate to that, where did it all go wrong?!?!?

I'm the same, we are on a night time saver so I leave the washing machine programmed to finish just as I'm waking up & then normally have another wash out on the ground, ready to shove in so I can get another load done before it switches to the day rate! Rock n Roll stuff here 😋

• Advertisement

So true, youth IS wasted on the young 😀

22 years married today, we went out for dinner which was very nice now it's back to reality. Work tomorrow till lunchtime then have to do a DIY job for a neighbour for the afternoon. Fun times 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congrats @BK5- those moment away from reality are vital 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Just seen this now. Be interesting to see how this goes......we might even get a play or two out of it on the radio 🤣🤣

RTE news : Mariah Carey is sued for $20m over Christmas anthem

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2022/0604/1302981-mariah-carey-is-sued-for-20m-over-christmas-anthem/

Was reading about that earlier. Be interesting to see how it plays out (bad pun 😂).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Congrats @BK5.

We went out last night for dinner with the kids. Were reminiscing about life before kids, but now that they're that bit older, those evenings are becoming more fun again. Made them walk so we could have a drink or two, and they don't even complain about that any more - we've explained the correlation between having kids and alcohol consumption 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday weekend, it’s a pity about the weather, Christmassy feel about it 😂😂 I’m working crazy hours at the moment so I do apologise for not being around much

Weather has been shocking here in Cork - we've had the stove lighting and the heating on the last 2 days, very disappointing especially for a long weekend. Definitely a Christmas feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Spent today outside in the rain training cub scouts for an upcoming challenge, putting up tents and tying poles with string. I haven't been able to get the heat into me.

But the OH had dinner ready - chicken shawarma done on the bbq rotisserie (despite the rain). Was delicious. So officially had bbq for dinner, even if we did eat inside.

Yeah lousy weather guys, made worse by the fact that the forecast was good!😄

Had a lovely day, called down to the parents house and we had a family get together as Dad is 73 on Wednesday. Got a big Chinese order in and we all tucked in and had a taste of everything and then some cake. Home now and going to have a beer. Slainte!

• Advertisement

A brief stint of glorious weather here. Anyway back to work tomorrow 😕😂

Sun came out here about lunchtime and it turned into an unexpectedly lovely afternoon. We took a drive to the beach and had a small walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Arrived back this afternoon from Scotland, had lovely time & hate the thoughts of returning to work tomorrow.

As recommended, I paid a visit to the Christmas shop. Honestly it’s a dangerous shop to be let loose in, as once you start picking up items you quickly start to get in over your head. Pic below of my haul, tragically I had a fatality on the journey home as had them in a carrier bag which I wanted to bring on the plane instead of packing, which accidentally fell as I was loading my case on the airport bus. Oh & in case anyone is thinking of a career change they’re looking for full & part staff 🙂

Post edited by gidget on

Morning all

Hope all had a nice long weekend. Weather was a bit mixed here, ok Saturday, Sunday was a wash out and then yesterday was nice and sunny!

Had a nice BBQ out the back yesterday to finished off the long weekend.

On the bright side, it's Tuesday already!

Morning All,

Same as everyone else - weather was a total mixed bag over the weekend. Didn't stop me from packing up the kids & half the house and heading to the beach for a few hours yesterday. Kids don't need sunshine to have a ball on the beach 😀 Turned into a fab afternoon/evening & we had a lovely time in the garden too.

Moved my desk in the home office so I can see out the window now and it is GLORIOUS outside! Long may it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Short day in the office for me, heading over to Croke Park as my daughter is playing in the Cumann Na mBunscol camogie finals there today, hoping the weather stays decent now too and parking can be organised in time!!

Had a lovely weekend, got loads done around the house but the work seems to be endless when it comes to the house atm... when is that never the case though!!

Day 200 on the countdown tomorrow & into the 100's on Thursday, we're starting to really motor now folks.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Good luck to your daughter for later. Playing at Croke Park is a great achievement, win or lose.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We were lucky to have a beautiful weekend weather wise here in the northwest. Sunny on Saturday and Sunday and yesterday was warm but overcast. No rain thankfully! We headed to Wild Roots on Saturday which was good craic, spent the day with my parents on Sunday and I took it easy yesterday with a small bit of shopping and some telly. I'm miles behind the rest of the world watching The Wire for the first time and also on Series 4 of Game of Thrones - I'd only ever seen as far as S3 up to now - no spoilers please 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TBH they've over achieved getting this far, they're unlikely to win today but she's looking forward to playing which is all that matters really, jsut hope I get there in time to see her, I'd be gutted if I missed it...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good luck to your daughter, DvB! Hope you make it out in time to see her!

Lovely weather here for (most of) the weekend- Saturday there wasn't a cloud in the sky for most of the day, went down to the seafront for a walk with the woof and got Beshoffs 😋 . Sunday it bucketed rain all day but I was out shopping in Blanch so didn't see any of it really! And a glorious day yesterday, I must have been gardening and pottering about the back in the sun going on 10 hours!

I'm off today and it's been a great morning, will head out for brunch at about 3. 🙂

Advertisement