Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishonored 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

ERG89 wrote: »
    Did the retail copies of this come with the first game or just digital ones?

My retail copy of Dishonored 2 came with a code for the first game. I think the code for the first game only came with pre-orders for Dishonored 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Retail Limited editions did

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My son is tormenting me for this.
    He is 13 and just after finishing the first game and all the DLC, getting the Clean/Cleaner/Cleanest Hands trophies along the way.
    Is it more or less graphic than the first, I see this is 18s

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    He is 13 and just after finishing the first game and all the DLC, getting the Clean/Cleaner/Cleanest Hands trophies along the way.

No sex or nudity so far and 75% though, violence on a par with any other game of it's type. Shoot the baddies, sneak up on them cut their throat or send a horde of rats to eat them. If he's played the 1st one then this is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The retail Limited and Collectors Editions come with a code for the first game.

The CE is great and surprisingly reasonably priced in Gamestop at €90 considering it comes with a full scale replica of Corvos mask.

• Advertisement

The retail Limited and Collectors Editions come with a code for the first game.

The CE is great and surprisingly reasonably priced in Gamestop at €90 considering it comes with a full scale replica of Corvos mask.

I picked up the Collectors Edition last Thursday. Bethesda did a great job with it.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

It's very graphic. You can pick up severed limbs.

Edit* hilarious if you throw a severed head out the window and listen to everyone scream :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I picked up the Collectors Edition last Thursday. Bethesda did a great job with it.

which one did you get it in as it is £150 on Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I decided I'd go the no-kill route but in the first level
    I knocked out the target in the castle (can't remember his name) and carried him up to the vault. I had him over my shoulder and decided to lock the vault door behind me. I press the action button and my character decides to drop the target in the door way and then closes the door, cutting the target in half.
    Typical, bloody luck!

I have noticed that in two levels where I killed nobody, the level summary told me I had killed someone. I'm curious if this is a mistake or did I leave someone somewhere I thought was safe and then something killed them after wards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Skerries wrote: »
    which one did you get it in as it is £150 on Amazon?

I picked it up on Saturday on Henry Street for the Xbox. Gamestop seem to have quite a bit of stock left of the CE on Xbox and PS4.

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    I decided I'd go the no-kill route but in the first level
    I knocked out the target in the castle (can't remember his name) and carried him up to the vault. I had him over my shoulder and decided to lock the vault door behind me. I press the action button and my character decides to drop the target in the door way and then closes the door, cutting the target in half.
    Typical, bloody luck!

I have noticed that in two levels where I killed nobody, the level summary told me I had killed someone. I'm curious if this is a mistake or did I leave someone somewhere I thought was safe and then something killed them after wards.

Bloodflies most likely got them, have to be careful where you drop bodies or even using sleeping darts, I've had a few get munched on by them as I didn't see the flies at range but luckily have spotted them before moving on . Also I had a near miss last night when putting a body down it fell at an angle against a cabinet only when I was coming back to hide a second body did I notice a bloodpool so had to reload.

I'm super paranoid since so have been checking stats before making new saves so I can redo sections.

I started playing this on Saturday and I have to say I am enjoying it more than the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I started playing this on Saturday and I have to say I am enjoying it more than the first one.

Funny that, I've played through the first chapter and find it hasn't quite clicked with me yet. I absolutely loved the original game and both dlcs.

Enfilade are you playing the game on Normal or Hard

Hard is driving me insane

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked it up on Amazon for about €45, should keep the little sod happy.
    Here's hoping he doesn't change his mind again!
    Thanks for the assist

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Enfilade are you playing the game on Normal or Hard

Hard is driving me insane

I dropped it down a few notches after starting on very hard as I found the distance they could see you at was just too unforgiving so I'm on medium now, just enough to be challenging without the frustration. Very hard and eventually hard was too much for me with no powers and looking to stay unseen.

I dropped it down a few notches after starting on very hard as I found the distance they could see you at was just too unforgiving so I'm on medium now, just enough to be challenging without the frustration. Very hard and eventually hard was too much for me with no powers and looking to stay unseen.

Oh great you can drop it down mid game?!
    Detection rate on hard is painful

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Oh great you can drop it down mid game?!
    Detection rate on hard is painful

Yeah it's there under options then gameplay. I was no fun the bar almost going instantly red from being seen from so far away. Maybe on a second run but not playing the game blind.

Just finished, ending felt a bit flat. Spent 2 hours trying to do the last section with no kills etc spotted over and over again at the last minute, only for it to actually be ridiculously easy once you work out how.

One of the few AAA games this year I wasn't disappointed by. Level design I thought was excellent and designed with a stealth run and no powers in mind unlike the last one were you had to use blink in some parts. Not sure how I'd feel if I'd played this with powers etc 1st? For me i loved that I didn't have magic see through walls vision and had to rely on old school peeping and audio sitting in a corner saying please don't me as footsteps approach :pac:

The alternative approaches were fantastic as opposed to just killing the target , and they were really fitting and unique to that persons character.

I've a high chaos run to do and I like that the achievements / trophies haven't dried up after 1 playthough. i've 25 to do in the next run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

how's it running on PC now folks?

Have a GTX 970 & 2k monitor and I've heard it struggles with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've a 1070 GTX and the port is an absolute travesty. Had to stop playing after the opening section. The framerate was jumping from v-synced 30-60 FPS and it was making me feel sick. The tutorial ran fine though. Apparently the loading screens set the CPU affinity to low which screws up performance amongst other problems.

The game froze on me last night during a very tough mission :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So updated to the new NVidia drivers and downloaded the beta patch. Instead of a jumpy 30-60 FPS I'm getting a steady framerate... of 15 FPS.

To make matters worse it's introduced about 1-2 seconds of mouse lag, even in menus. It's totally unplayable now.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So updated to the new NVidia drivers and downloaded the beta patch. Instead of a jumpy 30-60 FPS I'm getting a steady framerate... of 15 FPS.

To make matters worse it's introduced about 1-2 seconds of mouse lag, even in menus. It's totally unplayable now.

Oh man that sucks :(

I've already 1000gs it through 3 plays. Loved the achievements list in this you do one way and it left me with 20 to get on the next run. I know folks don't play for these the same way I do but they were creative in many ways and added to the experience rather than the usual collect all or kill x, z times.

Saying that though I'm glad I went stealth no powers , no detections, blind on my 1st run. Powers and not caring about being spotted on my 2nd run on high chaos was pretty average experience. I missed one achievement forcing me into a 3rd run and it took me 90 minutes to run from the beginning to chapter 8 of 9 to the point I could get it. Blink and Far Reach impact greatly on difficulty and the game really felt like it was designed to be enjoyed blind and in stealth. I liked powers like domino but just felt I was way over powered. If I had stared like that on my 1st run I;d have had a totally different opinion of the game.

Think I mentioned already that the alt. approach low chaos kills for the main guys were much better than just killing them outright and in some ways more suitable and cruel even.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New beta patch runs a hell of a lot smoother and there's no mouse lag. It's finally playable!

Just finished my first play through, low chaos on hard, missed the clean hands trophy because of Paulo in the clockwork mansion level. Knocked him unconscious but it counted as a kill :(
    It's a fantastic game, my only complaint is the new guy voicing the outsider. He's very similar to but not as good as the guy in the first game.
    Epilogue spoiler alert:
    Looks like we will get dlc with Billie Lurk and Daud, hopefully!

Just finished my first play through, low chaos on hard, missed the clean hands trophy because of Paulo in the clockwork mansion level. Knocked him unconscious but it counted as a kill :(
    It's a fantastic game, my only complaint is the new guy voicing the outsider. He's very similar to but not as good as the guy in the first game.
    Epilogue spoiler alert:
    Looks like we will get dlc with Billie Lurk and Daud, hopefully!

In the black market part? Didn't you just hide?

Surprised that counted as a kill to be honest, as
    he needs to be killed 3 times in one day to actually kill him because of a witches hand he carries

Did he
    change into a swarm of hostile rats
    when you choked him out ?

In the black market part? Didn't you just hide?

Did he
    change into a swarm of hostile rats
    when you choked him out ?
    Yeah that's what happened, I hid in the shop until he left and sleep darted the two people with him and choked him out. I was pretty careful where I left unconscious bodies so I was sure it was Paolo that counted as a kill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement