Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishonored 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,895 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Are they still going ahead with multiplayer in this ? Not sure if it was mentioned or not at E3 :confused:

I really hope not.

Don't think there is going to be multiplayer, there is an interview on gamespot with the creative director who said that there won't be co-op multiplayer for dishonored

Don't think there is going to be multiplayer, there is an interview on gamespot with the creative director who said that there won't be co-op multiplayer for dishonored

Oh good, when they announced it around 2 years ago they mentioned it was going to have multi-player. I don't think anyone wanted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'm usually against multiplayer in single player games but it feels like a missed opportunity considering the stunts you could pull off in the first game. Add in a partner and the things you could get up to!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Doom is a good recent example of a game that can stand on it's own without MP. It didn't need it and this doesn't need it imo.

There is more than enough MP games out there. Time for devs to start focusing more on a rich single player experience and stop shoe horning in MP because it's expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Cool that Corvo Attano and Emily Kaldwin will be finally voiced!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

PC Recommended Specs Announced!
    Minimum:

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit versions)
    Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
    8 GB RAM
    60 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB or better
    Contains a single disc
    Download of additional files from Steam is required to run the game
    Requires Steam activation
    Recommended:

Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
    Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-8350 or better
    16 GB RAM
    60 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB or better
    Contains a single disc
    Download of additional files from Steam is required to run the game
    Requires Steam activation

An i7 and 1060 or 480 is absolutely ridiculous, what are Bethesda at? If that's the PC recommended for a reasonable gaming experience it's not going to run too nicely on console. Wait no, they get optimised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

PC Recommended Specs Announced!

An i7 and 1060 or 480 is absolutely ridiculous, what are Bethesda at? If that's the PC recommended for a reasonable gaming experience it's not going to run too nicely on console. Wait no, they get optimised.

Pretty much a high end modern day PC :D Maybe this is the recommended for Ultra /w 60+ FPS.

Pretty steep considering the graphics, i7s definitely aren't standard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Doodleking wrote: »
    Cool that Corvo Attano and Emily Kaldwin will be finally voiced!!!!

Emily was voiced in the first game

I played through Dishonored again recently and was all pumped for getting this sequel, until I found out that both stories are nearly identical and that NPC's interact with Korvo and Emily with nearly identical dialogue. So it really doesn't matter who you play as.(except that they have slightly different skills)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Your quote is a little misleading: those are the recommended spec, not the minimum. The minimum card is a 660, which is very reasonable these days; that was three cards ago for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Those recommended specs seem like a load of rubbish. I very much doubt an i7 will give any performance increase over an i5 considering it's not going to support hyperthreading.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Those recommended specs seem like a load of rubbish. I very much doubt an i7 will give any performance increase over an i5 considering it's not going to support hyperthreading.

They didn't say generic "i7" though, they listed a specific model. There are i5s and i7s which are better and worse than the one listed; do your own comparisons. It might have been less contentious to pick an i5 of the performance level they need, but they did not make the claim that an i7 is mandatory.

Not seeing or feeling a great deal of hype around this and it's out on Friday isn't it?

I'm assuming no reviews until next week as per Bethesda's recent announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not seeing or feeling a great deal of hype around this and it's out on Friday isn't it?

I 100% agree with you.

Granted theres a few ads on FOX on Sky TV, but other than that. Zilch

I mean, we're only on page 4 of the thread now.

I predict this be a commercial failure regardless of how critically well received it is

Bethesda aren't exactly drumming it up I guess, their review policy isn't helping build hype. I dunno, not the thread for it but it doesn't build hype.

For me, its a game I'm aware of, until I see reviews I don't care any more than that. I'm excited for it's release but that's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm assuming no reviews until next week as per Bethesda's recent announcement.

Yes it's out on Friday and I'm looking forward to playing it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For a game that was announced years ago, it really does continually surprise me that it's out so soon for some reason :pac: Curious to see how it performs at this time of year.

Still, I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback on it. Dishonoured was a magnificent game, a definite true successor to the likes of Thief and Deus Ex. Was on a different level to other attempts to recapture that glory. No good reason this shouldn't be a cut above - even if Bethesda don't want us to know for some reason :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cormac... wrote: »
    I 100% agree with you.

Granted theres a few ads on FOX on Sky TV, but other than that. Zilch

I mean, we're only on page 4 of the thread now.

I predict this be a commercial failure regardless of how critically well received it is

I've actually seen quite a few ads for it on telly the past few nights. probably at least 3 times today alone. There's even two versions of the ad, one about the woman and one with the guy from the last game.

I'll be buying it first thing Friday morning , I loved the first game. Got the platinum trophy on the ps3 and ps4 versions.

• Advertisement

Actually does anyone know if the physical editions come with the 1st game included?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Actually does anyone know if the physical editions come with the 1st game included?

I seriously doubt it would.

I seriously doubt it would.

Digital pre-orders do as far as I recall.

EDIT: According to gamestops web site it actually does. Missed it the 1st time I looked

Right at the bottom under additional content https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/52635/dishonored-2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

EDIT: According to gamestops web site it actually does. Missed it the 1st time I looked

Right at the bottom under additional content https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/52635/dishonored-2

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wait, you get the first game free with it?

Was considering getting this for Xmas. If the reviews are any way good I'll probably take a punt on it, especially if it comes with the first game too. Sounds like a good deal and heard good things about the first one.

Edit: Ah, just saw that's for the Limited Edition, not all editions.

The Xbox One and PS4 release of the 1st game had all the DLC too, which is why I'm interested as I never played dlc back on 360.

Penn wrote: »
    Wait, you get the first game free with it?

Was considering getting this for Xmas. If the reviews are any way good I'll probably take a punt on it, especially if it comes with the first game too. Sounds like a good deal and heard good things about the first one.

Edit: Ah, just saw that's for the Limited Edition, not all editions.

Yeah looks like it's limited edition that has the 1st game which argos hopefully have at a nice price unless it's gamestop exclusive, amazon have it but it's 9.99 dearer than standard.

Don't see anything else going for the limited edition so possible any day one copy will be that version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,895 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah looks like it's limited edition that has the 1st game which argos hopefully have at a nice price unless it's gamestop exclusive, amazon have it but it's 9.99 dearer than standard.

Don't see anything else going for the limited edition so possible any day one copy will be that version.

Thegamecollection have limited edition for €56
    http://www.thegamecollection.net/games/dishonored-2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Just got my key, pre-loading now. Hopefully I can play on Thursday with the play-a-day-early pre-order offer but I'm not sure if it'll apply.

• Advertisement

Just got my key, pre-loading now. Hopefully I can play on Thursday with the play-a-day-early pre-order offer but I'm not sure if it'll apply.

Where did you buy from?

Advertisement