Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishonored 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,895 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Currently €34.99 on the Irish PSN store as it's the next deal for 12 Days of Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Anyone else having issues with D2?

Pre patch it gave an error, quit the game and in two cases ejected the disk.
    Since the patch it's repeated the above but without the disk ejection and just experienced a system freeze....

Playing on PS4 original if that makes a difference.
    But at this stage getting a little frustrated as I keep having to replay sections as it happens randomly and quite often before a checkpoint kicks in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Loving this game at the moment, have seen hours disappear on a few occasions over the last week or so. The detail and variety in the environments makes them a pleasure to explore, and as a dedicated stealth player there's been plenty of fun side-paths and nooks to discover.

Only problem (aside from the rather ****e story) is one of my own-making - like the first game, I am obsessed with achieving a no killing playthrough :o Makes the thing a bit more stop and start merely to live up to that perfectionism. Made good progress though (heading into mission 6) and I've become a bit more willing to let situations play out if I'm spotted - although I don't envy anybody trying to play a ghostly run.

Loving this game at the moment, have seen hours disappear on a few occasions over the last week or so. The detail and variety in the environments makes them a pleasure to explore, and as a dedicated stealth player there's been plenty of fun side-paths and nooks to discover.

Only problem (aside from the rather ****e story) is one of my own-making - like the first game, I am obsessed with achieving a no killing playthrough :o Makes the thing a bit more stop and start merely to live up to that perfectionism. Made good progress though (heading into mission 6) and I've become a bit more willing to let situations play out if I'm spotted - although I don't envy anybody trying to play a ghostly run.

I did my first run as Emily , no kills, detections, powers etc and loved it then played balls to the wall kill everything that sees me for mopping up achievements and hated it.

For a game that gives you 2 characters and a play as you want opportunity especially given the patch next week bringing level select and various customisations to difficulty such as taking out lean etc it really was for me only fun to play one way and one way only. On hard, no powers and no kills.

Nothing more satisfying than admiring a pile of 6 or 7 sleeping bodies :D

That said the patch will also bring an option to do a perma-death run and adjust the effectiveness of sleeping darts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Only problem (aside from the rather ****e story) is one of my own-making - like the first game, I am obsessed with achieving a no killing playthrough :o Makes the thing a bit more stop and start merely to live up to that perfectionism.

I stopped playing it cause of this

If I go back to playing it, I'm gonna murder everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

it's a pretty great game but I don't like the ending essentially punishing you for not taking the stealthy & non-lethal approach. I almost feel forced to take it despite it at times being incredibly frustrating to do it that way and me wanting to just kill 'em instead.

I think the new Deus Ex was superior in that way, you could do it whatever way you wanted without it messing your game up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Corvo

Cina wrote: »
    it's a pretty great game but I don't like the ending essentially punishing you for not taking the stealthy & non-lethal approach. I almost feel forced to take it despite it at times being incredibly frustrating to do it that way and me wanting to just kill 'em instead.

I think the new Deus Ex was superior in that way, you could do it whatever way you wanted without it messing your game up.

Not throwing this off topic, I am currently playing through a stealth (well, stealthy-ish) run on Dishonored, but Deus Ex is in my backlog. Does it punish you for killing? i.e. will I lose achievements or change the story if I do so?

See with Dishonored I'm killing when I feel someone has been bad enough that they need to go. I am judge and jury, and to hell with you. Very first target? Opened him like a Pez dispenser. But others? Maybe not. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Loving this, got it for Christmas. There is a lot of praise for the Titanfall 2 single player campaign but this is by far superior in every way (I know they are very different games and its my opinion). Loved the museum level. 
    Still not finished it but killing everything that moves on my first play through and looking forward to playing it through again with no kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Is the PC port fixed or nah?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

Joshua J wrote: »
    Is the PC port fixed or nah?.
    Never had any issues...om 2nd playthrough...think about 30hrs are there abouts playtime

• Advertisement

Corvo wrote: »
    Not throwing this off topic, I am currently playing through a stealth (well, stealthy-ish) run on Dishonored, but Deus Ex is in my backlog. Does it punish you for killing? i.e. will I lose achievements or change the story if I do so?

See with Dishonored I'm killing when I feel someone has been bad enough that they need to go. I am judge and jury, and to hell with you. Very first target? Opened him like a Pez dispenser. But others? Maybe not. :D

Deus ex has pacifist and no alarms ones. Can't recall if they the affect the ending or not, I think there was a late game decision that affected that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Can't get into this one at all, even after loving the first one.

Not sure what it is though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads whats the general consensus with this lately...? Its on sale on steam and I held off as there were issues with performance on PC. Has it been patched recently or is it still a mess of memory leaks etc.

I absolutely loved the 1st one and would love to get it for €29.99 if its worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads whats the general consensus with this lately...? Its on sale on steam and I held off as there were issues with performance on PC. Has it been patched recently or is it still a mess of memory leaks etc.

I absolutely loved the 1st one and would love to get it for €29.99 if its worth it?

There is a demo out this week. The first 3 missions so is significant.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Played it through to completion last week.
    On my 3570k@4.5 Ghz, overclocked GTX 970, 8GB 2400mhz RAM on Windows 10 with the game updated to lastest patch I mostly got 70fps with dips down to 60fps on max settings at 1080p (TXAA at x1).

Game ran smoothly for the most part. Very occasional dips into the 50's and 40's but pretty rare to be honest. One of the later levels was more taxing with one area dropping into the sustained 40's but was a brief area with no enemies. The level after that introduces a new gameplay mechanic I won't spoil, but its roughly the equivalent of seeing two locations at once and it pretty much tanked my frame rate to 30fps. Wasn't the end of the world though, as the game is quite slow paced and its a one off mechanic.

Had one crash on my first playthough and a second one which occurred early into my second play through. So about 2 crashes in 25 hours of play time.

IMO it overall runs quite well now.

I dont have a really powerful machine (CPU getting on now) but I might give it a whirl......I have a 2500K @4.4Ghz and a gtx1070 with ssd and 16gb ram, hopefully I will be okay.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

You have a slightly weaker CPU than me but considerably better GPU, and you meet the recommended 16GB Ram where I don't. I'd imagine you will be okay.

There did seem to be a lot of complaints going around about inconsistent performance were people on high end rigs were not getting great performance but the latest patch from a week or two ago seems to be generally very well received in terms of performance fixes.

Maybe the free demo the weekend is the way to go to try it out, any progress is then transferred to game if bought.

Free 3 level demo available on steam now, runs very well on my rig (surprisingly) and I like it......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Free 3 level demo available on steam now, runs very well on my rig (surprisingly) and I like it......

Nice, gonna give it a shot. The only thing holding me back from buying this was how poorly it was optimized.

25 quid on CDkeys atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pre-owned PC game :eek::eek::eek:

It was brand new but gone back up now.

Well I went ahead and bought it and I have had no problems what so ever and it looks and plays very well. Cant go wrong for 29 quid on steam.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Downloaded it, got some error relating to windows or something.
    Apparently I've to upgrade Win7 to SP1...which I'm not gonna do. So no Dishonored 2 for me atm.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Why not, out of curiosity? Lots of essential security updates and the likes in those service packs, especially for a very old MS OS like Win 7.

Jaysus stroke of luck so. I havent updated my W7 64 bit in ages only done it there last week. Huge DL something like 4-5GB worth of ****e.

DH2 running very well now all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Can run on ultra at 60FPS but i get microstutter/frame pacing issues. Went online and it seems its pretty common for other people too. Feelsbadmen, i would have liked to play it

I DL the demo and done them as the male char, so after the 3 free levels it asks if you want to buy the game. So I bought the game to continue on, Loaded the game back up and continued on, only for me to be the exact same point I stopped but I am the girl with the girl voice and the male abilities LMFAO!!!!

Very weird to say the least.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Glebee

Only stared this and am on the second level, want to like it but just cant get into it. Loved the first game but this is not gripping me. think I stop playing this until im more in the mood for it..

Advertisement