Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishonored 2

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Glebee wrote: »
    Only stared this and am on the second level, want to like it but just cant get into it. Loved the first game but this is not gripping me. think I stop playing this until im more in the mood for it..

Very late to his but just finished Dishonored 2 :cool: cracking game and like Deus Ex can be picked up for cheap second hand or digitally. Love the way you can approach problems in several ways. Was the Death of the Outsider DLC/game any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

clsmooth wrote: »
    Very late to his but just finished Dishonored 2 :cool: cracking game and like Deus Ex can be picked up for cheap second hand or digitally. Love the way you can approach problems in several ways. Was the Death of the Outsider DLC/game any good?

Plays like the other 2, a lot shorter though, ties up the story. Loved the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

well worth playing as is the dlc for first game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

The DLCs are pretty decent, was just thinking about this game yesterday, some great levels in the series, rare that I’d finish games but finished these and the DLC and it often comes to mind when playing other games, along the lines of “this is good but Dishonored did it way better”. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

there's a bundle on Steam atm if anyone hasn't got it yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Started this again last night, cba collecting runes so only have 1 power(Blink) and on the last level now.

Extremley high chaos run, I think on a few levels (addermire and the witches place) I killed every single AI in the level and stacked their bodies on a chandlier.

Time travel level was good no Titanfall 2 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭brady12

In preparation for Deathloop Started this the weekend too having only played 1 when it was released ( which I loved ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

dreamers75 wrote: »

Extremley high chaos run, I think on a few levels (addermire and the witches place) I killed every single AI in the level and stacked their bodies on a chandlier.

Methinks you're the type of guy that brings a knife to paintball :)

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Methinks you're the type of guy that brings a knife to paintball :)

Its just not grabbing me the way one did, considering i left it unplayed for nearly 4 years :eek:

Case in point at one point I have to pick a team to progress the story and bring the leaders body to the others, i picked the closest one and murdered the **** out of his entire gang (didnt need to) it was just faster.

Blink stabby stabby Blink stabby stabby Blink, rinse repeat.

Achievment for finishing hadnt fully popped up and it was uninstalled. :D

Normally prefer stealth and not being spotted but cba with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Cracking game. Definitely a bit of a learning curve and you get out of it what you put into it. I remember not getting on with Dishonored 1 on PS3. Maybe got through a mission or so but didn’t really put the time into it. Played Dishonored 2 in the first lock down and really got into it. Started playing Dishonored 1 again on PS4 and its also brilliant plotting your routes through levels.

Cracking game. Definitely a bit of a learning curve and you get out of it what you put into it. I remember not getting on with Dishonored 1 on PS3. Maybe got through a mission or so but didn’t really put the time into it. Played Dishonored 2 in the first lock down and really got into it. Started playing Dishonored 1 again on PS4 and its also brilliant plotting your routes through levels.

Hope you played the Daud dlc? It's as good as if not better than the base game.

About finish 4th chapter . Really struggling to love this game .

brady12 wrote: »
    About finish 4th chapter . Really struggling to love this game .

I couldn't have been more wrong . At that stage I was feeling it was a 7/10 game . Game hadn't clicked yet . Hadn't unlocked much powers .

About 50% way through last mission and it's possibly a 10/10 game for me . Everything clicked after the clockwork mansion mission . Iv gone from not exploring levels to spending hours checking every nook and cranny in every level .Such an unreal game . Already thinking I will play though again as Emily. Iv just ordered Death of the Outsider Aswel ! Hopefully Deathloop is as good don't know if I love the premise of that game . Sounds very fast paced I love how slow can take it in Dishonoured .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have this downloaded a while now and will give it a go later. Hopefully it's as good as the first one. Finished that up last week sometime.

Played a bit of this over the weekend. And man it's a good game. Sunday night I finished the mission in the mansion with the switches. That was some house the way it changes and sneaking under or behind or above each layout. Those damn robots though are annoyingly hard to beat. The trick I found is to be ready to block and then attack and run if your health is low and then it regenerates about half way then rinse and repeat until they explode.

Finished this a while ago. Good game and I see the stand alone DLC is on Gamepass so may give that a go as well.

Started Death of the Outsider DLC a couple of days ago and find it good. I spent longer in each level in this DLC than I did in the first or second games or even the first games DLC by doing the contract side missions and then also the main missions as well. I was in the bank mission earlier and those damn robots again. They are tricky but you eventually get to smash them to pieces. Trick is to keep blocking the attacks I found. I got lucky dealing with two robots and was just starting to fight them and they were beside me and I don't know what happened but they blew up and a guy died too who had codes I needed. So worked out good.

Advertisement