Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Twas, just a bit of exercise after a few pints , to celebrate the childers confirmation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Twas, just a bit of exercise after a few pints , to celebrate the childers confirmation.

Afterward they went home to play a game of kill the horse with the sulky. Which is where we get pin the tail on the donkey from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Well, I see that Mrs Margaret Cash McCarthy has gotten a house. No doubt her pals and supporters will be celebrating her great fortune.

How long before the fella comes back. Well she can't call herself homeless anymore...so she can finally shut the f**k up about how the gubbermint is robbin her blind. They can't be robbing her if they gave her a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

She'll find a way to keep complaining and will never be satisfied

Sure she had to rob €321 of clothing from Penneys as "The clothes were for the kids".

Poor Margaret not getting enough payments clearly

Yet she could afford €600 to spend on a communion suit for her son

It won't surprise me if Margaret will fall behind on her rent

Danny_B wrote: »
    How long before the fella comes back. Well she can't call herself homeless anymore...so she can finally shut the f**k up about how the gubbermint is robbin her blind. They can't be robbing her if they gave her a house.

The entitlement is strong in this one, satisfaction will never be achieved.

Didn't she refuse to pay her portion of HAP last time she was housed? Dunno how she'll afford it now with the extra kids on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Sure she had to rob €321 of clothing from Penneys as "The clothes were for the kids".

She won't have to pay a cent....

The entitlement is strong in this one, satisfaction will never be achieved.

Didn't she refuse to pay her portion of HAP last time she was housed? Dunno how she'll afford it now with the extra kids on board.

I'm sure she can set up a gofundme to help her pay her way.......try saying that with a straight face hahahaha!

She won't have to pay a cent....

Exactly!! It will be the likes of you and I that will have that pleasure

Us tax paying fools are really and truly fools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,365 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just out of curiosity, was it for work that you visited some traveller houses?

Have never been inside one myself although I have seen a few of them trying to visit my back garden over the years.

Yes. I was trying to get the children back into education courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,464 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

those travelers are smashing catholics to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭seasidedub

Us tax paying fools are really and truly fools.

We don't have a choice. I would love to see my tax euros going towards excellent infrastructure, great childcare facilities, schools, universities, health, the arts etc. But, be realistic - we have ethnic minorities to support. They can't be expected to work, save for mortgages, have only the number of children they can afford and support. They have a culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

How long before the 9 fellas comes back.

FYP.

I'm sure she can set up a gofundme to help her pay her way.......try saying that with a straight face hahahaha!

No need for one. There are local elections coming up. No doubt the candidates will be falling over themselves wanting to be seen to look after the poor childer, gbt.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    FYP.

The 1 father though???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The 1 father though???

D452uWEXsAAwd9X.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

A suit Elvis would have been embarrassed by no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I couldn't see any halting sites? If they are travellers that they are raiding, why don't the media just say so

• Advertisement

I couldn't see any halting sites? If they are travellers that they are raiding, why don't the media just say so

I think that the jewelry gives a hint.

Shooting this afternoon in Drogheda thought to be related to the feud

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/drogheda-shooting-3-4607094-Apr2019/%3famp=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

I wonder who will furnish Margaret’s house for her?

Shouldn't have to much trouble sourcing carpets at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They are protected by the media. Look at RTE, they never report on any of this stuff. They give them their own shows instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Travellers are a pet project of the PC Left, RTE are at the vanguard of political correctness culture in 🇮🇪

A suit Elvis would have been embarrassed by no doubt.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/301975579917468?view=permalink&id=1975805932534416

• Advertisement

Ethnic clothing for the ethnic minority?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Ethnic clothing for the ethnic minority?

I would change one word in that sentence.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,292 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Bless the angles.

All that's missing is a pint in their hands. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

they will hold onto this ethnic status with both hands.. anything they can use to get more for nothing.
    why do politicians pander to non tax paying non voters.
    people say there not all wasters which ofcourse must be true .. just most of them

Not all heroes wear capes and not all travellers live in halting sites ;)

150 for the suit...that woman must be crazy!! Worse than the gubbermint looking to rob her like that :pac:

Larbre34 wrote: »
    FYP.

Even a jumbo jet looks small when its landing in the grand canyon :D:D:D

Poor Bernard, will never get a look in now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

More seizures in Kilmeaden this morning on foot of last week's raid in Cork. Can't link to it right now but CAB Facebook has all the details ....including the obligatory sports sock.
    Interesting to look at who is 'sharing' CABs postings. :D

Aglomerado wrote: »
    More seizures in Kilmeaden this morning on foot of last week's raid in Cork. Can't link to it right now but CAB Facebook has all the details ....including the obligatory sports sock.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/watches-rings-handbags-fur-coats-cab-waterford-852650

Aglomerado wrote: »

https://www.facebook.com/CriminalAssetsBureau/posts/2646161302077769

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ethnic clothing???

Where did she come up with €600 to pay for....

Oh...

Yeah. We paid for it.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

endacl wrote: »
    Where did she come up with €600 to pay for....

Oh...

Yeah. We paid for it.

:(
    "I never said I was poor, I get benefits just like everyone else".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/five-members-of-same-family-in-court-over-christening-pub-row-1.3871944?mode=amp

Any judge that hears discrimination cases from travellers about getting served should be made read this . It was like a abattoir after the row according to a colleague at work .
    The poor business owners premises destroyed and trade hugely impacted but he’d be sued if he didn’t serve them . It’s all one way rights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

LuasSimon wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/five-members-of-same-family-in-court-over-christening-pub-row-1.3871944?mode=amp

Any judge that hears discrimination cases from travellers about getting served should be made read this . It was like a abattoir after the row according to a colleague at work .
    The poor business owners premises destroyed and trade hugely impacted but he’d be sued if he didn’t serve them . It’s all one way rights

He got 3k upfront from the family to book the pub for the night...he knew what he was doing but its unlikely he will do it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

marketty wrote: »
    Going by current trends, they'll outnumber the rest of us in a couple of generations. They keep farting out 7-10 kids with their cousins while working people struggle to afford 2, and increasingly have none at all.

Which has me wondering now, are infertile Travellers shunned the same way they treat LGBT ones? Considering breeding is literally the only thing they expect each other to achieve in life?

I found this amusing & sad at the same time.

Parp; Mummy's Little Thief.

Braah; Mummy's Little Waster.

Poot; Mummy's Little Scammer.

Frappp: Mummy's Little Thug.

Foooot; Mummy's Little Vandal.

Verrrnnnttt; Mummy's Little Scrote.

Prrrtt; Mummy's Little Waster (Mark 2)

FFFuuunnnt; Mummy's Little Brood Mare.

Brrrt; Mummy's Little 'Borrower'.

WHOoooofff; Mummy's Little College Graduate. (Only kidding!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

According to Bernards posting, himself and Mags will be on this channel 5 show on Thursday.

https://www.channel5.com/show/the-gypsies-next-door/

According to Bernards posting, himself and Mags will be on this channel 5 show on Thursday.

https://www.channel5.com/show/the-gypsies-next-door/

That should be interesting.

The ads look fairly eye opening if you are English but horses kept in a garage on a housing estate is an everyday fact of life in Ireland.

Why do they get TV shows and why oh why is it put across so ridiculous such as how great they are and splashing the cash....

Why aren't the authorities cracking down on dodgy dealings.

Why do they get TV shows and why oh why is it put across so ridiculous such as how great they are and splashing the cash....

Why aren't the authorities cracking down on dodgy dealings.

The TV shows I have no idea why but at least CAB are doing something about it now. They have finally copped that raiding halting sites might turn up some criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

The TV shows I have no idea why but at least CAB are doing something about it now. They have finally copped that raiding halting sites might turn up some criminals.

Or they know travellers haven't a hope in hell of getting finance on the 191 white Golfs and Audi's. If they can't show where they got the money to pay for them, they get lifted on the spot.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Or they know travellers haven't a hope in hell of getting finance on the 191 white Golfs and Audi's. If they can't show where they got the money to pay for them, they get lifted on the spot.

That's it yeah, you'll see a massive decline in new Hiace sales in the near future.

That's it yeah, you'll see a massive decline in new Hiace sales in the near future.

Speaking of...

Gardaí are looking for the owners of stolen garden equipment uncovered during an operation in Kildare this week.
    The property, which is mostly garden equipment, was recovered by Gardaí in Athy on April 29.
    The property was found in a blue Toyota Hiace van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Toyota stopped selling Hiace vans about 8 years ago, Transit Custom is the new Hiace, you need to keep up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement