Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Finished V/H/S Viral, now gone, as is The Americans...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Is prime video to the UK in ireland.

Wanted to watch castle rock which is in the UK one.

Would a VPN work on a smart TV

Castle Rock ain't on Prime, it's on a subscription channel through Prime. It's pretty decent though, to be found elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭doc22

are all we're left with is amazon originals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

That's all I seem to have at this moment.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

So am I reading this correctly? If we had a UK prime account and take no action, it will work fine if you're in UK, but in Ireland you'll only get the amazon originals? So it would make sense to switch back to irish prime i guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

dulpit wrote: »
    So am I reading this correctly? If we had a UK prime account and take no action, it will work fine if you're in UK, but in Ireland you'll only get the amazon originals? So it would make sense to switch back to irish prime i guess?

Is it still the case that prime video Ireland will not work on a firestick / fire tv?

Had my region set to UK so worked no issue but obv now affected my brexit/ geo changes - was contemplating changing my region back to Ireland but I think possibly prime video won’t work on the firestick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I had mine set up to receive prime UK. Is there a way to switch back to Prime Ireland?

Deedsie wrote: »
    I had mine set up to receive prime UK. Is there a way to switch back to Prime Ireland?

Yes go into your amazon account (use pc), manage content & devices, preferences , change region - specify Ireland

However the issue is whether prime video Ireland will work on fire sticks (my original post) - it didn’t a few years ago and I reckon it still doesn’t (fire TVs never posted to Irl / always had to use PW/PM)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Is it still the case that prime video Ireland will not work on a firestick / fire tv?

Had my region set to UK so worked no issue but obv now affected my brexit/ geo changes - was contemplating changing my region back to Ireland but I think possibly prime video won’t work on the firestick ?

There is an app on the firestick called Prime Video. Your Irish content will work perfectly on this app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is Prime Gaming also gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Happy New year, can anyone confirm what amount of content is available on the Irish Prime. I was on UK prime but obviously lost everything bar Amazon originals overnight. I switched my account to my Irish address this morning and then logged out of all devices. The issue I have is that I have no content, tv or movies, only some of the Amazon originals. Is this the case for all Irish customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Is Bosch an Amazon Original or an Amazon Exclusive as it is no longer available to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

All the Julia Donaldson stuff now unavailable, all of vikings gone too despite being an amazon show apparently

Marcusm wrote: »
    Is Bosch an Amazon Original or an Amazon Exclusive as it is no longer available to me.
    Original

Decoda wrote: »
    Happy New year, can anyone confirm what amount of content is available on the Irish Prime. I was on UK prime but obviously lost everything bar Amazon originals overnight. I switched my account to my Irish address this morning and then logged out of all devices. The issue I have is that I have no content, tv or movies, only some of the Amazon originals. Is this the case for all Irish customers?

Are you noting you merely switched your default delivery address on Amazon ? That won’t work - you’ll need to update in manage content , preferences , region settings

Then open prime video from a web browser and it will prompt you to confirm your region settings - select Ireland .

Then restart fire tv devices. As noted by previous poster you’ll need to use the prime video app on the fire tv

As to your query on prime video Irl content - good luck on getting someone to compare this to Uk content! It’s smaller. However you’ve no other option now (VPNs won’t work) so it’s redundant

Are you noting you merely switched your default delivery address on Amazon ? That won’t work - you’ll need to update in manage content , preferences , region settings

Then open prime video from a web browser and it will prompt you to confirm your region settings - select Ireland .

Then restart fire tv devices. As noted by previous poster you’ll need to use the prime video app on the fire tv

As to your query on prime video Irl content - good luck on getting someone to compare this to Uk content! It’s smaller. However you’ve no other option now (VPNs won’t work) so it’s redundant

Thanks for the reply, yes I had done all of the above. I wasn't looking for a comparison of content, just wanted to confirm that there are movies and tv content available because at the moment I've none, only Amazon originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

stuchyg wrote: »
    all of vikings gone too despite being an amazon show apparently

I was going to wait till this weekend to watch it but decided to binge it all on Wednesday, glad I did now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I managed to update it all without having to fire up the laptop. After following the “Manage content and devices” under preferences on Amazon.co.U.K., I headed to primevideo.com to confirm the change of region.

It’s a much reduced schedule of content. My introduction to Prime came from being a LoveFilm subscriber in the U.K. when that was still a DVD mail rental service which then went online and was ultimately bought by Amazon. I guess they never had Irish rights for some of that legacy content, old 90s TV shows, random movies etc. That’s a pity as sometime I end up preferring the back catalogue to new content.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I was going to wait till this weekend to watch it but decided to binge it all on Wednesday, glad I did now

Vikings is still there - you need to go to prime video in a web browser and change settings to Ireland after updating region under preferences with manage content and devices

Vikings is still there - you need to go to prime video in a web browser and change settings to Ireland after updating region under preferences with manage content and devices

The guide above fixed what I was missing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Thanks Amazon I'll just go back to torrenting the stuff I want to watch.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Amazon music is supposed to be UK only, but my app still works on my 'UK' account. Not that it is a huge loss, they promote Amazon Unlimited music which has an extra fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Amazon music is supposed to be UK only, but my app still works on my 'UK' account. Not that it is a huge loss, they promote Amazon Unlimited music which has an extra fee.

Aye, still works but never really used it as have Spotify. Only upside of PV Ireland is that I can finally watch The Terror which wasn't on the UK version for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

My Amazon looks the same but The Mandalorian is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks Amazon I'll just go back to torrenting the stuff I want to watch.
    No. Thank Boris Johnson and Co

khalessi wrote: »

Ha.......and Star Trek Picard which is an Amazon Original is not available in my region??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

khalessi wrote: »

Disney+ ?

beauf wrote: »
    Disney+ ?

Dohhhh brain wasnt attached properly

pure brain fart

Ha.......and Star Trek Picard which is an Amazon Original is not available in my region??

Damn them, I knew something was missing but brain wasnt in gear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

One of the reason for my switching to the UK was I couldn't see stuff I thought was meant to see. I only got prime to see expanse (which I'd started before it moved to Amazon) and Picard. While Picard went down hill tbh I mostly enjoyed it. Expanse has been great. Actually Jack Ryan was surprisingly good too.

Once the Expanse ends I'll be quitting it. Not worth it. I've already switched back to Ireland. At least it's not drowning in pay to watch content. Horrible interface.

Advertisement