Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I can't. :( Satellite broadband. We get 10Mb down, 1Mb up, and a 15Gb a month download cap. :(

You Sir, are getting a USB full of Archer, and other miscellaneous crap, at the beers.

Either that or by post anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Whats Archer lads??

Slattsy wrote: »
    Whats Archer lads??

One of the funniest TV shows there is. The link I posted above has streams for all episodes, if youre interested.

Have also gotten into workaholics recently. Some brilliant and hilarious stuff in that too.

I dont really watch much tv in the evenings lads. Generally let herself watch her soaps.

I look forward to Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. Thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Knex. wrote: »
    You Sir, are getting a USB full of Archer, and other miscellaneous crap, at the beers.

Either that or by post anyway!

My good fellow, with offers like that you most certainly belong in a thread for gentlemen. :)

Slattsy wrote: »
    I dont really watch much tv in the evenings lads. Generally let herself watch her soaps.

I look forward to Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. Thats about it.

Did you see they've changed The Walking Dead to Monday's now? I'm not sure how I feel about this. I always watched it with the lads on Friday. It just doesn't feel like a Monday night show, if that makes any sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,281 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Knex. wrote: »
    Just got linked this by a mate at work...

Its a little surreal.

Was saying to someone at work that I could easily listen to a conversation between Morgan Freeman and James Earl Jones. And not just because it would be God talking to Darth Vader.

Did you see they've changed The Walking Dead to Monday's now? I'm not sure how I feel about this. I always watched it with the lads on Friday. It just doesn't feel like a Monday night show, if that makes any sense.

No effing way, thats stoopid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Bit disappointed with that myself. Must be because they are missing out on loads of viewers because people cant wait 5 days and end up downloading it.

Is it shown in the US on Mondays?

Monday just doesn't feel right though. Friday is zombie day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Nope, it's on Sundays in the US.

Meaning, just another zombie Monday :pac:

EDIT: Fúck IMDB. Spoilers FFS! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

No really a tWD fan despite giving 3 seasons a go. Often found a bit empty. Might catch The Wolf of Wall Street at the weekend.

Need to start running again these evenings. Drinking a lot of water in work, so warm!

To be fair, season 2 was muck! So I can't blame you for being turned off it after seeing that. 3 was slow. It's picking up again now though.

Wolf of Wall Street looks class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Last exam tomorrow. Counting down the minutes. I said I'd give up the booze for January but jesus I'm certainly having a drink afterwards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good exam vibes to ye, sir.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Give it socks TG. I always loved the end of exams feeling:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Can I have an XO please, also, where's the smoking area?

*sparks up a nice Montecristo....*

Ah Thursday, ya lil beaut ya!

I think today will be hair cut day.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Just bought a Flax seed bar. Eurgh.

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Dip it in a runny egg!!

awec wrote: »
    Sounds bland. :)
    That'd be an improvement.

I'm such a lazy ballix in the mornings. Need to start getting up earlier to eat something proper so I don't end up resorting to a ****ing flax seed bar at 10am...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

Wolf of Wall Street looks class.

It's a good film. The highlight for me personally being Margot Robbie wearing no clothes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't wait to see Wolf Of Wall Street. Going to see it tomorrow afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

That_Guy wrote: »
    Can't wait to see Wolf Of Wall Street. Going to see it tomorrow afternoon.

How did the exam go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That'd be an improvement.

I'm such a lazy ballix in the mornings. Need to start getting up earlier to eat something proper so I don't end up resorting to a ****ing flax seed bar at 10am...

I've been drinking a blended mix of beetroot, carrot and apple in the morning the last couple of weeks. It's pretty mank but it's described all over the net as a "miracle drink".

I'd typically be sceptical enough about that sort of thing but considering
    Apples contain nutrients like Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, E and K, Folate, Niacin, Zinc, Copper, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Iron, Calcium, Sodium and Manganese. Also the dietary fibers found in apples are very beneficial for health. Carrots contain a wide variety of vitamins such as Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E and K, Folate, Niacin and Pantothenic Acid. There are minerals like Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium and Selenium packed in it. One of the most important components found in carrots is beta-carotene. You can get the best of these nutrients by juicing the carrots. And the heart friendly Beetroots are enriched with nutrients like vitamin A, C, B-complex, potassium, iron, magnesium and copper. They contain anti-aging agents as well.

it can't be bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

roro1990 wrote: »
    It's a good film. The highlight for me personally being Margot Robbie wearing no clothes!

There is that, but the highlight is undoubtedly the
    cerebral palsy
    scene.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I've been drinking a blended mix of beetroot, carrot and apple in the morning the last couple of weeks. It's pretty mank but it's described all over the net as a "miracle drink".

I'd typically be sceptical enough about that sort of thing but considering

it can't be bad.

Notice any difference since you've been on it?

keane2097 wrote: »

Do you just throw all of that in a blender or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Have my annual review with my TL and manager this afternoon. My company has lifted it's pay freeze so it will be including a salary review and on the bonus that will be paid in March. I'm pretty sure I've score top marks across the board so should get the maximum available for both!

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec