Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A little container of white ground pepper leaped out my hand as I lifted it from a high shelf
    100 little grams of pepper managed to spread itself all over my counter , into every crevice and gap , all over my hob and bury itself into the dials . All over tge kitchen floor making a lethal slippy peppery ice rink
    And to add insult to injury I now can't stop sneezing as it made its way into me nasal cavity as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It's coming up to a close Relative's Anniversary. For a while there thought there was gonna be a Relative dying every year! I can't think if it actually came to that but kinda feels like it. :/ There could have been 100 people in the Family but this person was close to every single member of the Family! And Loved by every single member of the Family! I can't stop crying right now though, as essentially, half my Dad's Family has been wiped out like! :( Literally wiped out! Try not to think about it or dwell on it but it's hard not to an odd time. :( His Parents and half his Siblings and he has a decent-sized Family. They're gone. But it just goes to show, people manage to get by. A sudden death, a Suicide, A Car-Crash, not taking away from terminal Illness or other things. But sudden unexpected trauma forced onto Family. Not invited by them at all! Such trauma like. But somehow folk manage. To get by! And keep going! Me poor oule Dad God love him. To think half his Family is gone. I'm sure he thinks about them all the time, every day, every other day, whenever. And yet he still manages to keep going. :/
    We have had something similar happen with my mother's family but it was cancer, rather than sudden trauma. Her brother died young. Only 42 to cancer. Three years ago we lost my aunt in August, my Uncle in November and my mother in April. Three siblings all in a short space of time. Four out of six of them gone. I have seven siblings and the thought of losing them is not something I like to think about. It's not wrinkles and grey hair that bothers me about getting old, but losing all the people around me.

My mother was very strong mentally right to the end. She refused to go on morphine as she didn't want to be doped. I don't know how she did it. She couldn't properly grieve her siblings as she was worried about us, especially my youngest sister who was only 22 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bought a jar of sauce today that I don't really like. Can't decide if I should keep it or just chuck it in the bin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Jesus t*tty f*cking christ. Mansize tissues are now the target of the offended and have to be rebranded as Extra Large.
    I read a lot of bullsh!t today. First it was someone from Frozen saying that after reading Snow White to her daughters, she asked them wasn't it strange that Snow White took food from a stranger and wasn't it weird that a strange man kissed her when she was asleep and couldn't consent? The kids are 3 and 5. Sure it's important to teach your kids about boundaries and not trusting strangers but there is a time and a place. Let them enjoy the story ffs. Does she also point out to her kids that she made a fortune out of an animation with two women who have unattainable bodies that may effect their self esteem as they grow older? Of course not because hypocrites cherry pick their causes.

Secondly, Keira Knightly saying she doesn't want her daughter to know the Cinderella story because it was someone being rescued by a rich man and you should rescue yourself. Again. Ffs. It's a story and I don't know anyone who read Cinderalla and grew up thinking you would meet a prince and live a life of luxury (well maybe Meghan Markle :pac:). I'm surprised that someone hasn't objected to that story on the basis that it paints step mothers as evil people, given how common it is now to have blended families. In fact, a lot of the old stories have evil step mothers as the antagonist. They must be misogynist! Ban them :mad: I jest but it's something I can see happening :rolleyes:

The man size tissues thing I only saw on boards and at first I thought it was a joke but apparently it's real :eek: There isn't enough eye rolls. Wtf is happening. The lunatics are taking over the asylum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Gunshots at a quarter to one at night :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My laptop finally died, my phone is on its last legs, waiting for the third disaster. Reaching for my person sized, non gender specific tissues.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Gunshots at a quarter to one at night :mad:

Agreed. They should do their killing on a 9-5 basis. Cheek of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Ever have a day when everything that could go wrong, did?

(even the unexpected nonsense?)

My Thursday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sore throat 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Sore throat 😷
    More than. TA. Difflam spray is very good, tastes yuk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

madmaggie wrote: »
    More than. TA. Difflam spray is very good, tastes yuk.

Hmmm a trip to the chemist i will make :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I wake every night around 3am it's becoming a major TA now.

Jesus t*tty f*cking christ. Mansize tissues are now the target of the offended and have to be rebranded as Extra Large.

When does this end?

To be fair I believe this originated from a child asking their mom if anyone can use the tissues or just men.

I agree with the re-branding. If it hadn't been brought up it would have made no difference but it makes sense.

northgirl wrote: »
    I wake every night around 3am it's becoming a major TA now.

The witching hour

*ominous music plays*

:pac:

The witching hour

*ominous music plays*

:pac:

Yes particularly when various characters of Haunting of Hill House awake at obscure times of night for nightly visions etc.. Only visions I've had so far are the quick return to sleep :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The word 'Bespoke'. It seems to be used by everyone lately who's trying to promote some product to describe said product.

I hate this word so much.
    Also anything described as happening organically. "Our relationship happened organically", "it was an organic process" or some such. Fcuk off and go hug a tree:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

50 minutes waiting for a two minute blood test when I'm the only person there.
    vwvIyEj_d.jpg

Misuse of the word "narcissist"..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

50 minutes waiting for a two minute blood test when I'm the only person there.
    vwvIyEj_d.jpg

I had one myself this morning but just the four minute wait thankfully.

My TA is that the nurse will be telling her buddies down the pub tonight about the big girls blouse that I am for been afraid of needles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What do I call my Man Bag now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

00:45 Hrs
    Gunshots at a quarter to one at night mad.png

00:49 Hrs
    My laptop finally died, my phone is on its last legs, waiting for the third disaster. Reaching for my person sized, non gender specific tissues.

Who shot madmaggies laptop ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You'd be surprised how easy it can be to revive a laptop with a few simple things done to it!

Mag?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The sun is shining directly in the window beside my desk onto my screen. Have to keep tilting the blinds to reduce the glare. As soon as I do, the sun goes in, and then it's horrible and dark at my desk so I open them. Sun comes back out. Repeat ad nauseum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Your extra large bag :p

Why is this all happening now? A shop in the UK are being forced to change the name of a sandwich because it has the work 'Gentleman' in the name.
    Wait til they find the ploughmans sandwich.

Leave the sandwiches, tissues and satchels alone!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They'll probably want to change the word "man" to "unwoman", or something, at this rate.

New Home wrote: »
    They'll probably want to change the word "man" to "unwoman", or something, at this rate.

Society will change and all the worlds problems will be solved I believe once they finish the rebrand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Now that I think of it... how will they solve the problem of the "man" part in the word "woman"? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement