Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I won't ask how they got in there in the first place...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Will unicorns fly out of my bum?

Don't know, I want someone to do it and tell me, :cool:
    Heard a rumour once, if you sliced it you got lock-jaw, so just curious.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

About 3 weeks ago I heard a rumour about someone I've known for 25 years abusing children.... didn't believe it, couldn't be true...

Had it confirmed by a member of his family this evening....have to admit....as most of you know, I'm a bit of a prick.... but this has fcked me sideways

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not trivial at all, MB. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

New Home wrote: »
    Not trivial at all, MB. :(

No..no it's not... but there's no thread for "things that rip you apart and make you puke" I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd at how long my new jacket is taking to come. I just want it already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

People who are un able to comprehend that they are in a cinema and not in their living room.

The dregs who seem to go to VUE cinema in liffey valley each-time I go there, or does that type of crowd always go there. People who show no common decency or respect for others when out in public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Can't sleep a wink. Why is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Virgin media box forgetting to record random episodes. Can’t cope.

This happens too often! Tip if the episode and series number are missing it won’t record somethings I see this in advance if failed recordings. Factory reset will fix this but you have to reset recordings up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Woke up to my calf muscle spasming, the pain was unreal! *cross face*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bro-hugs.... happened me at 3 in the morning a while ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Bro-hugs.... happened me at 3 in the morning a while ago.

Ahhh cheers tedo :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The ad on Todayfm after the news - TUI ad, holidays to Turkey and Cyfrus?? Everytime I hear it..... Aaargh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

All that running to the kitchen for food catching up with you Seph :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Samsgirl wrote: »
    The ad on Todayfm after the news - TUI ad, holidays to Turkey and Cyfrus?? Everytime I hear it..... Aaargh

and every time I see TUI I think of the Teachers Union of Ireland.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

New Home wrote:
    I won't ask how they got in there in the first place...

My Little Poony! :D

All that running to the kitchen for food catching up with you Seph :D

Must be :-O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

People who press the button at traffic lights, when they don't want to cross the road.

I sometimes do this at certain pedestrian controlled lights. It gives me a safe opportunity to pull out onto the main road if the sensors aren't picking up my car or bike and I end up waiting for ages trying to trigger a green light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The inefficiency of this country . No one seems to be in charge , schools built badly, HSE run badly , babies buried in sewers , rent out of control , house prices rising once again until we have another crash .Every blessed day we hear of some other inefficient management of our country . And no one pays or is accountable .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The watch I was going to wear today is showing low battery.

I can change it myself but as the back has about a dozen tiny screws I really have to be in the humour to do it.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The watch I was going to wear today is showing low battery.

I can change it myself but as the back has about a dozen tiny screws I really have to be in the humour to do it.

Thanks for reminding me to charge my stupid fitbit. I regret getting the damn thing at this point because it needs charged twice a feckin week and always dies without telling me. Think I'll just go back to a boring old watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Smothering this morning cause I queued in line last night in the p!ssing rain for the midnight launch of Red dead ...the things you do for love eh :pac:

Failing exams, gutted.

Ah that's too bad, Seph, sorry to hear. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Failing exams, gutted.
    I've failed enough exams in my time. You'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Failing exams, gutted.

Commiserations :( Don't be too hard on yourself.

Can you repeat at any stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Failing exams, gutted.

Sorry to hear that Seph :(

northgirl wrote: »
    Commiserations :( Don't be too hard on yourself.

Can you repeat at any stage?

We'll find out Tuesday, no guarantee :o

We'll find out Tuesday, no guarantee :o

Take the weekend off and enjoy yourself once you've had time to let it setlle.

Tuesday brings a new week of possibilities one way or the other :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

TA at myself - watching American Housewife and hating myself that I said the actress in it looked better when she was in Mike and Molly and skinny.

FFS anyone said that to me I'd be pissed so why did I do it ?????

TA at myself - watching American Housewife and hating myself that I said the actress in it looked better when she was in Mike and Molly and skinny.

FFS anyone said that to me I'd be pissed so why did I do it ?????

Love that show. She plays a great part. We all say stupid things!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Love that show. She plays a great part. We all say stupid things!

I love it!!! Binged the first 6!!!!

I love it!!! Binged the first 6!!!!

Letting the current series run it's course before I delve in! Fab!! :)

Voters loudly discussing their preferences at ballot box, having to quickly usher them out the door.

Had a guy roaring at me in the street the time of the abortion referendum. Madness. F Off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Chatting with colleagues yes, they were slagging me about walking to some appointments as Im not allowed to drive.
    In this conversation, I mentioned that I don't like walking to x place as it means I have to go past y area.

Student of the year(she is connected) goes off on one at this comment about my obvious bias against the ppl who live in Y, how I should be glad it's not me and how unprofessional and inhuman it is of me to think like that about ppl who can't help their circumstances.

Never once did it dawn on her to restrain her rhetoric and think that walking past an encampment that is slightly off the path causing residents to drive quickly onto the path and onto the road might be dangerous to those of us walking on the same path.

In a word(s) ta ppl who don't think there might be a real issue before they make a show of them shooting their mouths off.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Tuesday brings a new week of possibilities one way or the other :)

Wise words from NG as always :-D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ear hair.

Why? and What for?

Insulation?

My father would say that his TA is the time I used wax strips to remove his ear hair, but I had great fun.

(Ok, it was gross, but it was still fun)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Insulation for the inside of my ears I can live without. Only way to get rid of them is tweezers from what I can see.

Not sure how the wax would work and don't think I want to find out

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ear hair.

Why? and What for?

To keep things out, and because as you age your ear hair grows longer though not thicker or more dense. As you age your hairs life cycle changes, so you thin on top and grow long, luxuriant, extravagant ear and nose hair to compensate.

Not much of a trade-off, sadly.

My TA: Thinking I've loads of time before I had to meet someone, then panicking when I realized I'd frittered away too much time, then rushing like crazy to get to the meeting, then getting a message that the other person will be late.

Thank you very much, ye gods of chaos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Candie wrote: »
    To keep things out, and because as you age your ear hair grows longer though not thicker or more dense. As you age your hairs life cycle changes, so you thin on top and grow long, luxuriant, extravagant ear and nose hair to compensate.

Not much of a trade-off, sadly.

My TA: Thinking I've loads of time before I had to meet someone, then panicking when I realized I'd frittered away too much time, then rushing like crazy to get to the meeting, then getting a message that the other person will be late.

Thank you very much, ye gods of chaos.

If the ear hair gets long enough you can comb it over the bald spot on top. Look on the bright side.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Insulation for the inside of my ears I can live without. Only way to get rid of them is tweezers from what I can see.

Not sure how the wax would work and don't think I want to find out

Let's just say the wax strips made gave him a better understanding of women's grooming (including the legs).

Those razors for nostrils are supposed to work well on ears, too, provided they don't break after one use, like the last one he got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I squeezed the almost empty bottle of salad cream onto my sandwich air puffed out of it and blew some lettuce off of it.

New Home wrote: »
    Let's just say the wax strips made gave him a better understanding of women's grooming (including the legs).

Those razors for nostrils are supposed to work well on ears, too, provided they don't break after one use, like the last one he got.

Cutting nose hairs is a terrible idea. It is really itchy and painful as it grows back. Just pluck it out.

Cutting nose hairs is a terrible idea. It is really itchy and painful as it grows back. Just pluck it out.

Imagine the state you'd be in if you got an infected follicle or ingrown hair though :(

Not my hairs, not my ears. :cool:

I'd say that if you disinfect the skin before and after you should be ok.

In fairness, he hasn't ask me to go near his ears since, I wonder why. :pac:

Candie wrote: »
    Imagine the state you'd be in if you got an infected follicle or ingrown hair though :(

they tend to have really shallow roots and pluck out quite easily. It is worth the risk.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Get rid of nasal and ear hair with a lighter and a can of Lynx Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ticketmaster. Had the app all ready to go this morning and then noticed the concert wasn’t appearing when I searched it. Tried desktop version and was working fine so went with that. Managed to secure two premium tickets, tried logging in and kept saying wrong details. So I re-registered and then it said this email already exists. Then I tried logging in with my boyfriend’s details and finally got through to payment. Added in my details and got to the verified by visa page. At this point I text my boyfriend to say he can stop queuing because I’ve got them and didn’t want him paying as well, so he leaves the online queue. That very second the whole thing crashed and I got an error message on screen and by the time I tried again it was all sold out. So ya, half Ticketmaster’s fault, half my ineptitude. Annoyed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement