Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Carphone warehouse are pretty clear with the terms now on the site. Your not guaranteed a Gear VR and it's half price on tariff's under 50 euro a month.
    Samsung S7 with Half Price or Free VR Headset

The following offer is available on all S7 and S7 Edge sales.

• Offer on the Samsung Gear VR with every Samsung S7/S7 Edge PRE-ORDER applies to Network connection types and based on the following tariff criteria:
    o Customers who pre order a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge on any contract monthly plan above €50 will be eligible for a free Samsung Gear VR headset
    o Customers who pre order a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge on any contract monthly plan below €50 will be eligible for a half price Samsung Gear VR headset

Offer is valid while stocks of the Samsung Gear VR last, offer may change/be withdrawn or extended at the discretion of Carphone Warehouse.
    Pre-order of the S7 ends on the 07/03/2016. Offer is not valid after this date.
    RRP of the Samsung Gear VR is €99.99. Offer RRP €49.99 or Free.

Full details here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Well Carphone told me both via phone and on FB that it was free with any plan.

Getting sick of all the terms at this stage. May just leace it for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

What date is this released? Have it preordered on Three.ie and can't remember seeing a date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

s_carnage wrote: »
    It says when you select the phone you want congratulations you have qualified for the free headset. Also just before you check out it is included in the product description.

Also three seem to be giving 100 credit too. Not sure if you'd get that with CPW

if this is true, saved me from pre-ordering since the headset never came up on my order page summary :( looks like they are gone if this is the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

00sully wrote: »
    if this is true, saved me from pre-ordering since the headset never came up on my order page summary :( looks like they are gone if this is the case.

Ya the page just before you give u your credit card details there was a description of the phone and the very last bit had the headset details.

s_carnage wrote: »
    Ya the page just before you give u your credit card details there was a description of the phone and the very last bit had the headset details.

hmmm still there then? this is the only page before ordering. might change it and cancel if I don't get it :confused:

378469.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ThinksAmoral

I remember seeing a purple box mentioning a free VR headset as I was going through the ordering process this morning.
    Bought it as an upgrade. Can't remember which page it was on specifically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

00sully wrote: »
    hmmm still there then? this is the only page before ordering. might change it and cancel if I don't get it :confused:

378469.PNG

Ya that's the page I was on about. Also got the congratulations you have qualified for a free headset page 2 or 3 pages before that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Edge black or gold which do ye prefer??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think of the device when it comes out.

As an HTC fanboy, I will wait for the M10 to come out before deciding what to do.

My S6 Edge+ seems pretty redundant now, and Samsung are an embarrassment with software updates - still no MM available. Hopefully the S6 Edge+ will get some of the new software features from the S7.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭yeroulfella

got a bit of a panic there last night, got email from three saying thanks for my order but it is out of stock and there will be a delay with delivery. seen a part highlighted yellow saying if its a preorder I will get it on thime and to delete this email.

Phew

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Pre-ordered the edge from CPW. Read an article on siliconrepublic that Samsung have agreed to give free VR headsets for all CPW and Three preorders. It says Samsung confirmed its free. Interesting that CPW are charging €49.99 for some of them...

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/gear/2016/02/22/samsung-confirms-gear-vr-irish-pre-orders-galaxy-s7

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

jacksie66 wrote:
    Silver..

Yeah there's no silver in the edge

antodeco wrote: »
    Pre-ordered the edge from CPW. Read an article on siliconrepublic that Samsung have agreed to give free VR headsets for all CPW and Three preorders. It says Samsung confirmed its free. Interesting that CPW are charging €49.99 for some of them...

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/gear/2016/02/22/samsung-confirms-gear-vr-irish-pre-orders-galaxy-s7

clearly not the case with three who limited their free VR to 50 for online pre-orders and 50 for phone pre-orders. so "free" for the 1st 100 only :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Basil3 wrote: »

My S6 Edge+ seems pretty redundant now, and Samsung are an embarrassment with software updates - still no MM available. Hopefully the S6 Edge+ will get some of the new software features from the S7.

Why do you think it's redundant? I got and S6 Edge last month knowing the S7 was coming shortly and to be honest there isn't that much that I can see that would be worth upgrading to. That said I might flog my S6 Edge and get an S7, you know, just be keep up to date like :) Or like you I might see what the M10 is like. Same thing from the M8 to the M9, not much of an upgrade imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Half baked updates are frustrating, but I think the gap between the S6 and S7 is bigger than the M8 and M9. I had an M8, broke it, insurance offered an upgrade for 100e and I didn't take it. That is more because the M8 was a pretty perfect phone.

The GS6 was an amazing phone, but it was very flawed. Battery life and Waterproofing aren't amazing glitzy features, but they are a big improvement.

For me, I was going to get the S6 Edge+. However, the larger battery and waterproofing is enough for me to go with the S7 Edge. I also like the fact that its dual sided menu on the edge, as oppose to just the one side.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

It seems from my limited French that the s7 is on Amazon.fr for €699. Any way to view the site in English? It's not on the .co.uk site yet

Any experiences buying from Amazon.fr?

Just used google translate on it. Yep seems €699 for the S7 and €799 for the edge!

• Advertisement

petes wrote: »
    Why do you think it's redundant? I got and S6 Edge last month knowing the S7 was coming shortly and to be honest there isn't that much that I can see that would be worth upgrading to. That said I might flog my S6 Edge and get an S7, you know, just be keep up to date like :) Or like you I might see what the M10 is like. Same thing from the M8 to the M9, not much of an upgrade imo.

It's redundant because 5 months after release they are essentially updating it. Couple this with the fact that the S7 will probably be released with MM before my Edge+ gets it is poor form by Sammy.

It seems from my limited French that the s7 is on Amazon.fr for €699. Any way to view the site in English? It's not on the .co.uk site yet

Any experiences buying from Amazon.fr?
    Just used google translate on it. Yep seems €699 for the S7 and €799 for the edge!

Using my skills of "there is a picture of the phone and EUR 699 is written beside it, I can confirm that the price is probably €699.

378499.JPG

errlloyd wrote: »
    Using my skills of "there is a picture of the phone and EUR 699 is written beside it, I can confirm that the price is probably €699.

378499.JPG

That's the same skill I used ;) what I want to find out is about the headset, delivery etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Discover the Samsung Galaxy S7
    Gear VR headset * offered by Samsung for any preorder by March 10, 2016 (* See conditions on the coupon)

Google translated Amazon.fr, if you search S7 on Amazon.fr you get a notification at the top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

Nice, might be the way I go so, going to give it a day or so and see does it show up on .co.uk

Amazon France have no problem delivering to Ireland?

Excellent, well at least I have a sim free option that comes with a headset anyway

Rough idea of pricing of the S7 Edge on Vodafone:
    Red Essentials: €399; RED: €249; Red Business Super: €50

Rough idea of pricing of the S7 on Vodafone:
    Red Essentials: €299; RED: €149; Red Business Super: Free

What are these based on if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

Basically, I looked at a certain S7/S7 Edge price and found what handset was priced similar. From that, I looked at the tariff pricing of that similar handset and worked it out that way.

Basically, I looked at a certain S7/S7 Edge price and found what handset was priced similar. From that, I looked at the tariff pricing of that similar handset and worked it out that way.

That's some pretty decent work. I was thinking of switching to VF, but I don't like 2 year contracts, do VF still offer an added extra to get early upgrades?

So what is currently the best sim free option for the S7 Edge?

errlloyd wrote: »
    That's some pretty decent work. I was thinking of switching to VF, but I don't like 2 year contracts, do VF still offer an added extra to get early upgrades?

You can upgrade at any point after 3 months in your contract:

http://www.vodafone.ie/bill-pay-phones/upgrade-anytime/

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Do you think they'll drop the S6 edge price when they start selling the S7?
    I'd have to pay 149 EUR today on my current RED (55 EUR/month) plan and I'm waiting to see if it becomes 49 EUR or 0...

xboxdad wrote: »
    Do you think they'll drop the S6 edge price when they start selling the S7?
    I'd have to pay 149 EUR today on my current RED (55 EUR/month) plan and I'm waiting to see if it becomes 49 EUR or 0...

Too early to say. I would imagine it will be similar price for the first few weeks, as someone who is interested in the S7, but not the price, will more likely move to the S6 (and still make as much margin). I would say the price will drop in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I want one but it seems a bit expensive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

is the edge a gimmick or worth the €100 extra?

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    Looks to be more useful this time round. There's also a bigger difference in size between the normal S7 (5.1 inches) and the S7 Edge (5.5 inches) this time round.

You don't need an edge screen for edge features though, they could easily work on any screen. I barely use the edge features on my device.

To answer the question, I don't think the edge itself is worth the extra €100, but the bigger screen and battery are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Seems to be two networks not offering the VR headset Voda and Meteor the rest either FREE or discounted.. Not a good move unless it changes http://techbuzzireland.com/2016/02/22/pre-registrations-galore-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s7s7-edge-in-ireland-all-right-here-samsung-galaxy/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,116 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

March 11 is the date for Vodafone release apparently

Just back from Carphone Warehouse.

They don't allow preorders on prepay S7/S7 edge phones on any network. Only billpay.

Bunch of wasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Techmaster wrote: »
    Just back from Carphone Warehouse.

They don't allow preorders on prepay S7/S7 edge phones on any network. Only billpay.

Bunch of wasters.
    it will be the same all round,new customers on billpay will get preference studpid approach by all networks,then again the allocation of devices to each network has a part to play

• Advertisement

Seems you have to be a resident of France to claim the VR headset through Amazon.fr
    From February 22 to 10 March 2016 inclusive, for the pre-order of a Samsung Galaxy Samsung Galaxy S7 edge or S7 (all colors)
    Samsung offers Samsung Gear VR headset an indicative value of 99 €.
    • Only one entry and one product per person residing in France (Corsica and overseas departments-including COM) or Monaco (same name,
    same name, same address).
    • Offer valid in France, Monaco, Corsica and the French Overseas Departments (Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana, Reunion, Mayotte) and COM area
    euro only (Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin), and can not be combined with any other current offer on
    the same products, including offers of Samsung or Samsung Shop Stores Madeleine and Vélizy.
    • Offer valid only on new, not refurbished products.
    • Offer valid while stocks last.
    To track the progress of your application, you can log in to this address
    http://promos.samsung.fr/suivi/mes-dossiers and identify with your Samsung account.
    In accordance with Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 "and Freedoms", you have a right to access, correct or delete the
    information about you that you can exercise by writing to: Samsung Electronics France - Processing of personal data - rugby - CS2003
    1 rue Fructidor - 93484 Saint-Ouen Cedex.
    WARNING REGARDING HEALTH AND SAFETY
    Read and follow all instructions and warnings that accompany the virtual reality helmet Gear VR (also available on the site
    www.oculus.com/warning). The Gear VR must be adapted to each user and is not suitable for children under 13 years. Pay attention to your
    environment and sit while using the Gear VR. Some people may experience discomfort or
    experience any symptoms, you should stop using the Gear VR. Samsung recommends a break
    every 30 minutes. Consult a physician before using Gear VR headset, if you are pregnant or have
    any serious pathology.
    Samsung Electronics France - rugby - CS2003 - 1 rue Fructidor - 93484 Saint-Ouen Cedex. RCS Bobigny 334 367 497.
    SAS with capital of € 27,000,000.

Also, I presume Three have run out of VR's? No mention of it anymore on the website

Kevin! wrote: »
    Seems you have to be a resident of France to claim the VR headset through Amazon.fr

Also, I presume Three have run out of VR's? No mention of it anymore on the website

Must be the worst rolled out pre order incentive ever. No one seems to know what's happening.

Such hassle for sim free phones anyway.

Three Ireland have run out of VR headsets, as confirmed on their Facebook page:

6qel5c.png

Hoping for some news on Amazon.co.uk stocking it soon. So far it only seems to be the French site

• Advertisement
Advertisement