Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I asked in meteor / Emobile store earlier and they said 699 s7 and 799 s7 edge on prepay.

Might chance trying one in the morning of the 11th to see if they are unlocked. Seems no place is doing the gear VR unless it's bill.

If anyone gets one that doesn't want it I'll purchase it for them ��

Here what is the story with Emobile. I am currently on Emobile, which has become Eir, but when I go on their website I can't find any contracts that don't include a landline, efibre and evision, is it now just a service for people who bundle their home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Basil3 wrote: »
    You don't have to pay it though, you can just refuse or return.

Isn't that what the deposit is for though? If you decline to buy it, they keep the deposit?

Techmaster wrote: »
    Isn't that what the deposit is for though? If you decline to buy it, they keep the deposit?

Nope, the deposit is completely refundable. They're just trying to make you put your money down so when the time comes you buy it from Carphone instead of from your network. :)

If you're talking carphone warehouse, on their site it clearly says €50 refundable deposit.

VR seems to come with the prepay S7/S7 edge on Three too.

See screenshot of checkout page;

Device_Details_Three_ie.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

errlloyd wrote: »
    Here what is the story with Emobile. I am currently on Emobile, which has become Eir, but when I go on their website I can't find any contracts that don't include a landline, efibre and evision, is it now just a service for people who bundle their home?

Basically, if you want mobile only you have to go to meteor, unless you are just re-contracting your mobile.

I plan on leaving eMobile though, because the data speeds and coverage has been getting worse and worse the last few weeks. I hae the Z3, and 50% of the time that I am not connected to wifi, I can get Edge only. This is considering I spend 90% of my time in the greater Dublin area!

Basil3 wrote: »
    If you're talking carphone warehouse, on their site it clearly says €50 refundable deposit.

No, talking about the iD site, which does not say refundable.

Thanks anyway for clarifying that it is indeed refundable.

The device is about €820 direct from Samsung UK unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

errlloyd wrote: »
    In my experience the first phones are always unlocked, gonna go for the ID pre-order I think, but is there a final price available?

I got my S6 unlocked through a services on ebay last week. After placing the order for the unlock code I got it 3/4 hours later. Worked a dream. Was €14.99 or something like that. Good value in fairness.

antodeco wrote: »
    Basically, if you want mobile only you have to go to meteor, unless you are just re-contracting your mobile.

I plan on leaving eMobile though, because the data speeds and coverage has been getting worse and worse the last few weeks. I hae the Z3, and 50% of the time that I am not connected to wifi, I can get Edge only. This is considering I spend 90% of my time in the greater Dublin area!

I also want to leave, but some manager in Carphone a few years ago gave me an incorrect contract that was farcically good value (at the time the HTC M7 had been out two weeks, it was free, unlimited everything was 39e, and the contract was only 18 months, so 702e in total got me a phone and 18 months of unlimied browsing).

Then despite the assistant in one shop saying they couldn't renew it, an assistant in another emobile shop renewed it, and gave me the same contract for an HTC M8 about 17 months ago for 100e, and the first 6 months at 24e per month (still unlimted calls texts and data). So 712e in total.

So basically if there was any chance of getting this contract third time running I'd be all over that. (The only downside is that is 3g only).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

VR seems to come with the prepay S7/S7 edge on Three too.

See screenshot of checkout page;

Enter now for a Chance to win ?

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »

Strange wording. But it does say it comes with your purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Gatling wrote: »

I think when you check the t&c, they only have 50 or so to give away

Just so I'm sure.. Carphone Warehouse Ireland are NOT offering a free VR with a sim free purchase, but Carphone UK are?

And, Samsung UK are not offering a free VR at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Just so I'm sure.. Carphone Warehouse Ireland are NOT offering a free VR with a sim free purchase, but Carphone UK are?

And, Samsung UK are not offering a free VR at all?

No Carphone uk are not offering the VR with the sim free version, it says on the site they do in the t&c but I asked two people on the live chat and they said it was a mistake. No "free" gift with sim free I was told

No Carphone uk are not offering the VR with the sim free version, it says on the site they do in the t&c but I asked two people on the live chat and they said it was a mistake. No "free" gift with sim free I was told

Bastards. Incredibly misleading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,297 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hoping the people in the Meteor/Emobile store were right on the phone - want to get this (on bill with theVR) but on twitter they are giving no info at all on if they will even stock the phone and the fact Three, Vodafone and iDmobile have all confirmed they are going to have it leads me to assume Meteor won't be getting it at all. Why would they be so far behind the competition if they were getting it.

Bastards. Incredibly misleading.

Just checked the bottom of the page again and it says:

"Gear VR (Virtual Reality) Headset available on all Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge pre orders only, RRP £79.99 correct at time of going to print. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. No cash alternative. Subject to availability and whilst stocks last. For full terms and conditions please click here."

That says nothing about Bill only

Hoping the people in the Meteor/Emobile store were right on the phone - want to get this (on bill with theVR) but on twitter they are giving no info at all on if they will even stock the phone and the fact Three, Vodafone and iDmobile have all confirmed they are going to have it leads me to assume Meteor won't be getting it at all. Why would they be so far behind the competition if they were getting it.

They checked on their computer in the store and got the price anyway

Yep. Big ad on homepage stating free vr with all orders and it also has a sim free ad too stating the same.

T and Cs also mention delivery of VR with sim free orders http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/terms/samsung-galaxy-s7?stop_mobi=yes

So I assume we do get them. If so I'll pre order.

Screenshot everything.

• Advertisement

Yep. Big ad on homepage stating free vr with all orders and it also has a sim free as too stating the same.

T and Cs also mention delivery of VR woth sim free orders http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/terms/samsung-galaxy-s7?stop_mobi=yes

So I assume we do get them. If so I'll pre order.

Same as, I'm trying to ring the store in Enniskillen. I don't want to pre order and find out on the day that it's only the phone and it's cost me more to drive up and collect

Same as, I'm trying to ring the store in Enniskillen. I don't want to pre order and find out on the day that it's only the phone and it's cost me more to drive up and collect

I've messaged them on FB. Once I have a yes I'm pre ordering it. As I said, screenshot everything. Its pretty clear from the ads its included with the sim free. It would be very bad form to go back on what they're advertising at this stage. I imagine many others have pre ordered it too.

I've messaged them on FB. Once I have a yes I'm pre ordering it. As I said, screenshot everything. Its pretty clear from the ads its included with the sim free. It would be very bad form to go back on what they're advertising at this stage. I imagine many others have pre ordered it too.

Can you let me know if they get back to you please and if I get through to the store I will post back up here

Just wondering if anyone knows will you be able to use the Gear 360 Camera to live stream as a webcam.

I think it would be a cool way to webcam in at christmas or whatever when I am away from home. Instead of being restricted to looking where the camera is pointing, and someone moving the webcam when someone else wants to talk, It'd be nice to be able to look around. See who is talking.

Can you let me know if they get back to you please and if I get through to the store I will post back up here

Yep I will. Are you driving up to collect it? Can we use ParcelMotel or do they exclude NI?

Edit: seems to allow me to enter dpd parcel wizards ni address

Yep I will. Are you driving up to collect it? Can we use ParcelMotel or do they exclude NI?

Edit: seems to allow me to enter dpd parcel wizards ni address

Just got through there, she said the VR set comes with the sim free version but she said I wouldn't be able to prebook it online with them as my billing address is rep of Ireland and the phone would not be sent to their store.

That doesn't seem right.

She said I would have to call that morning and see what stock was like and they might only get enough headsets for orders only.

Just got through there, she said the VR set comes with the sim free version but she said I wouldn't be able to prebook it online with them as my billing address is rep of Ireland and the phone would not be sent to their store.

That doesn't seem right.

She said I would have to call that morning and see what stock was like and they might only get enough headsets for orders only.

Great news!

Use Revolut to pay. UK card so will go through fine. Are you getting thw S7 or the S7 edge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Contacted three on live support and was told that there is no free VR for PAYG customers despite conflicting information on the website
    Irfan: at 15:22:45
    The Gear VR is only available with the Unlimited Flex Max price plan on 24months contract.

Kevin! wrote: »
    Contacted three on live support and was told that there is no free VR for PAYG customers despite conflicting information on the website

Go with CPW as they seem to be offering it. And its sim free.

• Advertisement

Go with CPW as they seem to be offering it. And its sim free.

Need to try an find an Irish vendor unfortunately as its for a company - might have to settle without the gear VR by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭yeroulfella

I ordered my s7 edge from three for 750euro, when I top up by 130euro I can get it unlocked. so my contract with vodafone runs out in April so will use a 3 sim in s7 till then. once im up to the 130 mark i will unlock and go to virginmedia.

as for the VRheadset its first come first served till they are gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Im due an upgrade with Vodafone in June.. i wonder how much its gonna be??

Haven't used the S range since the S3... but this is tempting me after using the Sony Z2 for the last contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Will CPW in the UK deliver to Ireland.

Seems networks here in Ireland are using the free gear VR for those getting the high costing tiers. Shame, since Samsung said all pre-orders get the gear VR for free.

Honestly, Samsung should have handled the free Gear VR themselves, and shipping them after proof of purchase or something.

Getting a sim free from CPW in the UK almosts works out the same as ordering a pre-pay here and then buying the fear VR after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Thor wrote: »
    Will CPW in the UK deliver to Ireland.

Seems networks here in Ireland are using the free gear VR for those getting the high costing tiers. Shame, since Samsung said all pre-orders get the gear VR for free.

Honestly, Samsung should have handled the free Gear VR themselves, and shipping them after proof of purchase or something.

Getting a sim free from CPW in the UK almosts works out the same as ordering a pre-pay here and then buying the fear VR after.

Carphone warehouse say they will give 50 quid off the price of the gear, nice of them!

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Carphone warehouse say they will give 50 quid off the price of the gear, nice of them!

CPW Ireland are now showing it as free on the pre-order page.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Shop/Phones-Plans/Preorders/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-edge

May throw the 50 euro deposit on one with them and then decide the best deal afterwards.

Edit.

Someone posted on CPW Ireland's facebook that CPW told them that contracts with 50+ a month get it for free, and contracts under 50 get it for half price. Their page doesn't remotely give that impression.

This free Gear VR offer is really botching this launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭yeroulfella

I was live chatting to three and they said i will get the vr headset free with my pre ordered pre pay s7edge :-) happy days

Irfan: at 15:22:45
    The Gear VR is only available with the Unlimited Flex Max price plan on 24months contract.
    I was live chatting to three and they said i will get the vr headset free with my pre ordered pre pay s7edge :-) happy days

seems to be conflicting advise - I'd try and get it in an e-mail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

seems to be conflicting advise - I'd try and get it in an e-mail

The T&C seems to have changed now. Nothing about only getting it free on billpay. Just ordered it and said in the order summary I was getting it free. Have taken screenshots of every step just incase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Great news!

Use Revolut to pay. UK card so will go through fine. Are you getting thw S7 or the S7 edge?

Goin to go with the s7. Must look into that revolut card. What you going with yourself?

• Advertisement

Goin to go with the s7. Must look into that revolut card. What you going with yourself?

I'm thinking Edge for the bigger screen.

By the way guys, rang CPW Ireland and they confirmed its a free VR with ALL pre orders.

Looks like Three have changed their contract details for the free Gear VR as mentioned above.

Here are the two compared.

OLD

Samsung Galaxy S7 Free Virtual Reality Device Terms and Conditions
    Offer Dates: 9am on Monday 22nd February 2016 for preorder until the date when stocks of
    the Virtual Reality device run out /8th March 2016 for retail until the date when stocks of the
    Virtual Reality device run out (“Closing Date”)

Eligibility Criteria: This offer is available to new and upgrading customers of Three Ireland
    (Hutchison) Limited and Three Ireland Services (Hutchison) Limited (each known as “Three”)
    subject to the below;

1. The following terms and conditions apply to Three’s Samsung Galaxy S7 Free Virtual
    Reality device offer (“the Offer”) and are in addition to of the terms and conditions
    of the Three Service (including but not limited to those set out in the Smallprint
    guide or the General Terms and in the Price Guide including the Bill Pay or Prepay
    terms and conditions of service and the terms and conditions of your Price Plan).
    2. The Offer runs during the Offer Dates set out above until the Closing Date.

3. To be eligible to avail of the Offer you must either;

(a) be a new or upgrading Three customer who preorders on three.ie or via telesales
    (and have your preorder accepted by Three) a Samsung Galaxy S7 on a 24 month minium term on Unlimited Flex Max only (“Eligible
    Preorder”). Customers with the first 100 Eligible Preorders strictly on the following
    basis – 50 VRs will be allocated to online orders and 50 to telesales - from 9am on
    Monday 22nd February 2016 shall each receive a Samsung Virtual Reality device

(“VR”);
    or

(b) From 11th March 2016, purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 on a 24 month minimum term on UNlimited Flex Max in a Three retail store or
    participating retail outlet (“Eligible Retail Purchase”). 200 Eligible Retail Purchases
    shall be accompanied by a Samsung Virtual Reality device (“VR”) subject to Three’s
    sole discretion as to how the VRs are to be allocated across relevant retail outlets.

4. VRs may be subject to colour availability and colour will be at Three’s discretion.

5. For Eligible Preorders VRs will be received by customers with their Samsung Galaxy
    S7 on 8th March 2016. For Eligible Retail Purchases, customers will receive the VR
    with their Samsung Galaxy S7.

6. In the event that you are permitted to return your device under applicable legal or
    regulatory provisions, you agree to return the VR to Three with your device. Where
    the VR experiences any damage or wear and tear beyond a reasonable degree, you
    agree to reimburse Three for the cost of the VR.

7. Only one Offer per customer.

8. There is no cash alternative

9. Three’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

10. This Offer is not available with any other promotion, offer or discount and may not
    be available with all Three affinity schemes. Three reserves the right to withdraw
    the Offers either generally or in respect of any particular customer at any time and
    to vary or amend any element of the Offers at any time without further notice.
    These terms and conditions may be varied or amended by Three for any valid
    commercial, technical or operational reason.

NEW

Samsung Galaxy S7 Free Virtual Reality Device Terms and Conditions

Offer Dates: 9am on Monday 22nd February 2016 for preorder until the date when stocks of
    the Virtual Reality device run out /8th March 2016 for retail until the date when stocks of the
    Virtual Reality device run out (“Closing Date”)

Eligibility Criteria: This offer is available to new and upgrading customers of Three Ireland
    (Hutchison) Limited and Three Ireland Services (Hutchison) Limited (each known as “Three”)
    subject to the below;

1. The following terms and conditions apply to Three’s Samsung Galaxy S7 Free Virtual
    Reality device offer (“the Offer”) and are in addition to of the terms and conditions
    of the Three Service (including but not limited to those set out in the Smallprint
    guide or the General Terms and in the Price Guide including the Bill Pay or Prepay
    terms and conditions of service and the terms and conditions of your Price Plan).

2. The Offer runs during the Offer Dates set out above until the Closing Date.
    3. To be eligible to avail of the Offer you must either;

(a) be a new or upgrading Three customer who preorders on three.ie or via telesales
    (and have your preorder accepted by Three) a Samsung Galaxy S7 (“Eligible
    Preorder”). Customers with the first 100 Eligible Preorders strictly on the following
    basis – 50 VRs will be allocated to online orders and 50 to telesales - from 9am on
    Monday 22nd February 2016 shall each receive a Samsung Virtual Reality device

(“VR”);

or
    (b) From 11th March 2016, purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 in a Three retail store or
    participating retail outlet (“Eligible Retail Purchase”). 200 Eligible Retail Purchases
    shall be accompanied by a Samsung Virtual Reality device (“VR”) subject to Three’s
    sole discretion as to how the VRs are to be allocated across relevant retail outlets.

4. VRs may be subject to colour availability and colour will be at Three’s discretion.

5. For Eligible Preorders VRs will be received by customers with their Samsung Galaxy
    S7 on 8th March 2016. For Eligible Retail Purchases, customers will receive the VR
    with their Samsung Galaxy S7.

6. In the event that you are permitted to return your device under applicable legal or
    regulatory provisions, you agree to return the VR to Three with your device. Where
    the VR experiences any damage or wear and tear beyond a reasonable degree, you
    agree to reimburse Three for the cost of the VR.

7. Only one Offer per customer.

8. There is no cash alternative

9. Three’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

10. This Offer is not available with any other promotion, offer or discount and may not
    be available with all Three affinity schemes. Three reserves the right to withdraw
    the Offers either generally or in respect of any particular customer at any time and
    to vary or amend any element of the Offers at any time without further notice.
    These terms and conditions may be varied or amended by Three for any valid
    commercial, technical or operational reason.

Looks like Three have changed their contract details for the free Gear VR as mentioned above.

Here are the two compared.

How does one know if there within the first 50 orders?

How does one know if there within the first 50 orders?

I spoke to the sales team on the phone.

She said there is no way to know, and that you will find out when your order arrives. I think she is just assuming that, as it should be possible to tell by tomorrow.

Don't know why anyone would order with Three directly when CPW have the offer too, on ALL orders.

Does Carphone Ireland have a final price yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I spoke to the sales team on the phone.

She said there is no way to know, and that you will find out when your order arrives. I think she is just assuming that, as it should be possible to tell by tomorrow.

It says when you select the phone you want congratulations you have qualified for the free headset. Also just before you check out it is included in the product description.

Also three seem to be giving 100 credit too. Not sure if you'd get that with CPW

I'm thinking Edge for the bigger screen.

By the way guys, rang CPW Ireland and they confirmed its a free VR with ALL pre orders.

I'm with Tesco mobile on Bill :( so far CPW Ireland not offering the sim free version

If you know someone working in Currys/PC world or Carphone, they get 15% off all phones on prepay ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Tesco Mobile have have the following info up. ..

Kickstart your Galaxy
    Register your interest to buy the Galaxy S7 edge | S7.
    Get your phone three days before the official launch.
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/Samsung-Galaxy-S7

• Advertisement
Advertisement