Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

loyatemu wrote: »
    they don't appear to be exactly the same - the Smart Ultra has a higher res screen for one: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7168&idPhone2=7313

Different physical dimensions, too, perhaps? http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/d2ac36834

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Yeah it appears you're right. I was just going by what someone said on here. Hope they fit somewhat anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

anybody know where to get cheap tempered glass to fit this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

So I got my Ultra 6 today and unlocked it no problem but I'm having a few issues which may be network related but I hope the burgeoning user community on here might be able to help me with?

1. I'm using the 48months network and have set the APN settings up but although I can make/receive calls I'm not getting any mobile data. The APN settings are:-

APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: internet,supl

2. As 48months are a virtual network provider I know you have to enable "Data Roaming" so it works on the O2 network. I've enabled data roaming but the Data Roaming warning keeps popping up everytime I go to wake the screen and I can't seem to disable the warning. Maybe this is a lolipop issue but I'd sure like to get rid of the notice - I know data roaming is enabled - I enabled it!!!

3. Each time I reboot the phone it asks me to input the SIM PIN #.

Any suggestions ref solving the above will be gratefully received.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

None to be had in either Tallaght or Dundrum stores, fairly annoying!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Stillorgan had 2 left after I bought mine this morning..

To remove Vodafone bootlogo download ES file manager and navigate to

/system/media

And remove or rename the bootlogo zip file.

Tried both renaming and deleting and neither are permitted. When I try to delete I get an error "bootanimation.zip cannot be deleted" and when I try to rename it I get "Task failed".

Am I doing something stupid or not doing something???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I've put a 64 gb sd card in, mounted it,and connected via usb cable to laptop but my laptop fails to see it as a drive. The phone itself recognizes the card.
    I was hoping to drag and drop music to the card from the laptop rather than removing the card, inserting into laptop, fill with music and then reinsert into phone.
    Anybody else come across this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

I've put a 64 gb sd card in, mounted it,and connected via usb cable to laptop but my laptop fails to see it as a drive. The phone itself recognizes the card.
    I was hoping to drag and drop music to the card from the laptop rather than removing the card, inserting into laptop, fill with music and then reinsert into phone.
    Anybody else come across this?

Go into storage and then press menu followed by usb connection and then tick the mtp box if its not already done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Online :)

• Advertisement

Perfect Negative, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

I bought a fake Lenovo phone from Aliexpress around Christmas (terrible performance and now a cracked screen) and I'm very very tempted to go for this. Thanks for the alert OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Only I got a Huawei Ascend G7 two weeks ago, I'd be on this like a hot snot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Hi all,

So I got my Ultra 6 today and unlocked it no problem but I'm having a few issues which may be network related but I hope the burgeoning user community on here might be able to help me with?

1. I'm using the 48months network and have set the APN settings up but although I can make/receive calls I'm not getting any mobile data. The APN settings are:-

APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: internet,supl

2. As 48months are a virtual network provider I know you have to enable "Data Roaming" so it works on the O2 network. I've enabled data roaming but the Data Roaming warning keeps popping up everytime I go to wake the screen and I can't seem to disable the warning. Maybe this is a lolipop issue but I'd sure like to get rid of the notice - I know data roaming is enabled - I enabled it!!!

3. Each time I reboot the phone it asks me to input the SIM PIN #.

Any suggestions ref solving the above will be gratefully received.

Did you get a Vodafone sim with it? or without the sim?

Tried both renaming and deleting and neither are permitted. When I try to delete I get an error "bootanimation.zip cannot be deleted" and when I try to rename it I get "Task failed".

Am I doing something stupid or not doing something???
    Must need to be rooted but as pointed out by another user the only way of doing that is by using some questionable software that sends your imei to China. May be harmless but it up to you whether you want to risk it.

I've been playing with it for a few hours now and am quite impressed (its quicker than my note 2, has expandable memory up to 128GB and is 4G. It took about twenty minutes to get the unlock code from the ops link, which allowed me insert a Three payg nano sim. This allows unlimited data once you top up by €20,unlimited texts, free weekend calls to any network and free three to three calls, compare this to meteor (7.5GB or vodafone 5GB ) its a no-brainer for me.

Delighted with it, (that said I've only had it a few hours :) )

Cheers OP, no contracts for me anymore!!

I've been playing with it for a few hours now and am quite impressed (its quicker than my note 2, has expandable memory up to 128GB and is 4G. It took about twenty minutes to get the unlock code from the ops link, which allowed me insert a Three payg nano sim. This allows unlimited data once you top up by €20,unlimited texts, free weekend calls to any network and free three to three calls, compare this to meteor (7.5GB or vodafone 5GB ) its a no-brainer for me.

Delighted with it, (that said I've only had it a few hours :) )

Cheers OP, no contracts for me anymore!!

Did you insert a Vodafone sim into your Smart Ultra before unlocking it?

Maybe it was a problem with my old phone but I hardly ever had 4g signal. Now I have the same sim in this phone and I'm almost on 4g all the time. Anyone else notice anything like this?

Maybe it was a problem with my old phone but I hardly ever had 4g signal. Now I have the same sim in this phone and I'm almost on 4g all the time. Anyone else notice anything like this?

What was your old phone? Were you one of the people who lost their OPO?

My OPO switched the preferred network type to 3G one day, switched it back and got 4G no bother.

What was your old phone? Were you one of the people who lost their OPO?

My OPO switched the preferred network type to 3G one day, switched it back and got 4G no bother.

Nexus 5. It was a great phone but the battery was brutal and I ended up getting a crack on the screen. When I saw this I thought why not. Will get a trade in on the nexus 5 in cex so the phone should cost me nothing. Still have 42% battery left. If this was the nexus 5 I'd definitely be in the red by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

I was planning to pick up a Moto G soon but this looks perfect for what I want. I still have a HTC Desire (the first model!) as my main phone so this will be a welsome upgrade :). Will get it unlocked for three though.

Did you insert a Vodafone sim into your Smart Ultra before unlocking it?

Nope, once you get the unlock code put the sim in, and you will be prompted for the unlock code, bobs your uncle

Nope, once you get the unlock code put the sim in, and you will be prompted for the unlock code, bobs your uncle

Ok, just to clarify you're referring to a non Vodafone sim right?

Thanks

Ok, just to clarify you're referring to a non Vodafone sim right?

Thanks

Yes, any non Vodafone nano sim and you will get prompted to enter the unlock code.

Yep, Bought the phone in vodafone grafton st, went a few doors up into the three store, bought a €20 payg nano sim, gave them my meteor account number, they ported the number to Three, bought the code on ebay, put in threes nano sim, was asked for the code : Great Success

g78KBvTl.jpg

Sold out online now!

Did you get a Vodafone sim with it? or without the sim?

It came with a VF sim.

As a result of your prompt I removed the 48months sim and installed the VF sim. That ran through an initiation process and at the end it suddenly dawned on me that my son could be out of data on his 48months monthly plan. I checked with him and ..............of course he's out of data :o I topped him up some data, reinserted his SIM, and reconfigured the APN settings and bingo mobile data is working.

I know deep down the problem was due to him having no data creadit left but I'm going to pretend it was a complex technical issue which I have now conquered :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

rizzee wrote: »
    Online :)

Out of stock also on the Vodafone website, and I'm not going near done deal.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Hi my other half has an iPhone 4s with only 8gb which does her head in. Would I be better off getting her this? Would she be losing anything? It would be a present. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Hi my other half has an iPhone 4s with only 8gb which does her head in. Would I be better off getting her this? Would she be losing anything? It would be a present. Cheers.

This is a much, much better phone. The difference will be like night and day.

Advertisement