Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

1686970717274»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

long_b wrote: »
    Oreo just showed up for me on Eir

Got it about 10 days ago on 3, phone is running much smoother now I find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭long_b

Got it about 10 days ago on 3, phone is running much smoother now I find

Hopefully it'll help my battery which is nothing short of appalling. Charge overnight to 100%, charge again at work to about 80% and it's flat again by bedtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Oreo downloading for me now on Eir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Still waiting for it to show up for me on eir. My s7 edge is sim free and on a sim only package, could that be slowing things up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

long_b wrote: »
    Hopefully it'll help my battery which is nothing short of appalling. Charge overnight to 100%, charge again at work to about 80% and it's flat again by bedtime

Big improvement in my battery. Charged to full around 1.30pm and it's at 73% now. Usage probably a little less than usual but even at that I can see the improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I've just finally got around to getting a microsd card for my S7 Edge

Stuck it in to the phone and there is basically no options now on Oreo for using it except for storing pictures taken by the camera

Adoptable storage is gone, and I can't seem to move any apps to external storage.

What's the point of an sd card slot if it can't be used to move apps to it or even as extra storage for apps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Been like that for me since I bought it. Can only use it for photos

Mc Love wrote: »
    Been like that for me since I bought it. Can only use it for photos

Waste of money me getting a 128gb card so. Guess I'll just never have to delete a picture I ever take

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Waste of money me getting a 128gb card so. Guess I'll just never have to delete a picture I ever take

I was definitely able to use it to store things like my spotify and netflix cache, so I could download all that content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

go into settings > apps > click the app you want > Storage and move to SD card. You can't do it for all of them but some of them should transfer.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I was definitely able to use it to store things like my spotify and netflix cache, so I could download all that content.
    rizzee wrote: »
    go into settings > apps > click the app you want > Storage and move to SD card. You can't do it for all of them but some of them should transfer.

ah ok. I tried this earlier and the first 10 I tried didn't have the option but I went further down the list and a few do.

All the big ones don't have the option but it's better than nothing, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Anyone else's sensors all suddenly stop working accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Offline Google music, maps, Netflix and Spotify downloads all go to SD card. Probably other stuff too. I have over 45gb of 'offline' stuff on the SD card.
    Be wary with encryption however as I had to factory reset a few weeks ago and I couldn't decrypt the SD card to extract all the photos. I had to reformat the card before the newly factory reset phone could see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Update available this morning on Vodafone.

• Advertisement

Same on Virgin yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

Hi. Anyone else have the problem of the screen going to sleep while watching videos within Facebook. Only been happening the last couple of weeks. If I click into vid and turn phone on its side it Dosent happen but if watching it within the window on fb it's like the phone Dosent realise it's playing a video and screen goes to sleep through inactivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Davexirl

eggy81 wrote: »
    Hi. Anyone else have the problem of the screen going to sleep while watching videos within Facebook. Only been happening the last couple of weeks. If I click into vid and turn phone on its side it Dosent happen but if watching it within the window on fb it's like the phone Dosent realise it's playing a video and screen goes to sleep through inactivity.

I have noticed this happening too, not on YouTube though, but on the sky sports app if I am watching match highlights, I thought it was just that app.

I am still waiting on the Oreo update on a Sim Free phone on Eir, getting annoying at this stage the time it is taking.

Davexirl wrote: »
    I have noticed this happening too, not on YouTube though, but on the sky sports app if I am watching match highlights, I thought it was just that app.

I am still waiting on the Oreo update on a Sim Free phone on Eir, getting annoying at this stage the time it is taking.

I'm on voda contract and I just installed 2 updates this morning thinking it might fix this problem. No change though. I had assumed this was an issue that came up through a bad Facebook update but obviously not if it's happening in sky sports and the like. My you tube seems to be working correctly and I've change no settings that might have affected it as far as I can tell. Only complaint I've ever had with this fone. It's been unreal from day1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

What price are we talking to get a screen replaced on a S7 non edge? I got quoted 290 in Galway. Mad money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

jenno86 wrote: »
    What price are we talking to get a screen replaced on a S7 non edge? I got quoted 290 in Galway. Mad money.

You'd pick up a phone for that at this stage. I've never had one replaced but try Done Deal maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭biebiebie

jenno86 wrote: »

Sure it's practically that price brand new with full warranty on Amazon.de!

€308

https://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-Touch-Display-interner-Speicher-Black/dp/B01BTZFM0W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1538162989&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=amazon+s7&dpPl=1&dpID=31lJB1Ahq4L&ref=plSrch

Anyone still got one of these? Mine seems to be on the way out or at least the screen is, it intermittently has a pink line and when it isn't showing, the screen is often non responsive or sluggish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Anyone still got one of these? Mine seems to be on the way out or at least the screen is, it intermittently has a pink line and when it isn't showing, the screen is often non responsive or sluggish.

i have one, still working perfectly for the most part,i have taken good care of it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Has the screen had any impact or water damage?

i have one, still working perfectly for the most part,i have taken good care of it though

I'm the same, then one day last week a pink line appeared down the right hand side and ever since the screen hasn't been performing as expected. I suppose i could try a factory reset.

I still maintain its probably one of the best phones still.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

I'm the same, then one day last week a pink line appeared down the right hand side and ever since the screen hasn't been performing as expected. I suppose i could try a factory reset.

I still maintain its probably one of the best phones still.

It's a known fault with the s7 screens. Happened my edge. If you press lightly on it near the top you can make it disappear but it will come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Ardent

Have the phone 3 years now I guess. Intermittent pink line down right hand side, but mostly not there. Running LineageOS 15.1 and enjoying life. Great phone.

Looking at getting a new phone but nothing really matches it when it first came out. I was thinking s10e as it's similar in size and not quite a phablet

Looking at getting a new phone but nothing really matches it when it first came out. I was thinking s10e as it's similar in size and not quite a phablet

Looking at 5ge same myself. S7 still work8ng well but battery is gone pretty weak. 2.5 hrs on s seen time pretty much does for it now. Best smart phone I've had so far though. Wonder does the s10e compare.

• Advertisement

according to tech radar it's rated 9 or ten in a very tight & competitive market, looks like there isnt a whole lot between 1st and 10th apart from screen size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

I cannot remove a shady greyish area from the bottom 40% of the screen (it's there on everything I open). Googles on the issue say go into Greyscale in Settings but that isn't working. Any other suggestions? (and what is the purpose of it?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

gaiscioch wrote: »
    I cannot remove a shady greyish area from the bottom 40% of the screen (it's there on everything I open). Googles on the issue say go into Greyscale in Settings but that isn't working. Any other suggestions? (and what is the purpose of it?)

It's probably screen burn from your keyboard, I have the same problem myself. This is the longest I've ever had a phone by a longshot, I'll be sad to see it go

Advertisement