Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looks like my unit is still within the 2 year warranty so hopefully Wahoo customer support will replace it.

Saw this on one of the news sites earlier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,629 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Amazing work staying up

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

is that what is meant by giving a tow?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

is that what is meant by giving a tow?

Looks like cycling rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bet he is one of those Zwift lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭buffalo

DLRCC showing the initiative again: https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40291217.html
    Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council (DLRCC) introduced the scheme for dealing with deserted bikes late last year, where they had been left locked up by owners who had no intention of coming back for them.

It has been so successful that Cork City Council has been in touch with DLRCC to get more information on how it has worked, according to DLRCC cycling officer Gerry Flaherty.

He said the council already had powers to remove clearly damaged bikes where they were missing wheels or otherwise presenting a danger to the public.

There are dozens of spots in DCC's area that could do with bike removal, particularly the latter.

buffalo wrote: »
    DLRCC showing the initiative again: https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40291217.html

There are dozens of spots in DCC's area that could do with bike removal, particularly the latter.

I bought my old bike in London from a shop that had the Southwark council license. Great way to get some budget rebuilds into the market

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Got my 2nd dose of the vaccine this morning.
    Unfortunately, I still can't play the piano.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I'd suggest complaining to the HSE but I think they're a bit preoccupied at the moment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

But having a tail is pretty cool is it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Does the gps work the Garmin? I'm really hoping it speaks to Wahoo too :pac:

Really I wish I wasn't in the last group to be vaccinated. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a friend of mine just registered for the vaccine. apparently despite their claims about registering one decreasing year per day, apparently the backend has now been configured to allow anyone born 1975 or earlier to register.

a friend of mine just registered for the vaccine. apparently despite their claims about registering one decreasing year per day, apparently the backend has now been configured to allow anyone born 1975 or earlier to register.

I never heard that. They always say 50 to 45 or similar in groups like that

Yeah my mam is 3 years younger than my dad but he registered them both at the same time to save him going back in a few days. It's just to keep registration traffic steady rather than everyone jumping on at once I guess.

I registered for my first dose over a week ago and I've heard nothing.

However, I can still play the piano.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I never heard that. They always say 50 to 45 or similar in groups like that
    the announced plan was that 49 year olds would register tomorrow, 48 year olds on thursday, etc.; but that's basically just to stop the system being swamped.

i suspect it'll still arrange the actual shots by age.

the announced plan was that 49 year olds would register tomorrow, 48 year olds on thursday, etc.; but that's basically just to stop the system being swamped.

Oh fair enough

I'm curious about vax strategy, go both in the one arm then you go weak or dominant arm or one in each ????

I'm thinking I go with the weaker arm as my cycling arms are basically chicken wings with not a lot of meat on them at the injection point :D

My dad who is similar found he had pain for 2 or 3 days after it.

• Advertisement

I'm curious about vax strategy, go both in the one arm then you go weak or dominant arm or one in each ????

I'm thinking I go with the weaker arm as my cycling arms are basically chicken wings with not a lot of meat on them at the injection point :D

Whatever you do just imagine its EPO to give you that boost on the cycle home

I get this with the 'flu jab. It's more discomfort than pain - nothing I ever remotely needed painkillers for but that's just me - everyone reacts differently.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Whatever you do just imagine its EPO to give you that boost on the cycle home

I'll likely have to go to Dundalk so I could get a nice 70-100km there and back :pac:

Any word if they give you tayto and fanta like the vampires do????

I'll likely have to go to Dundalk so I could get a nice 70-100km there and back :pac:

Any word if they give you tayto and fanta like the vampires do????

The country would be bankrupt after 8 million doses of tayto and club orange

Actually now I mentioned blood donation I completely forgot to ring them today for an appointment they are in town but you need to book a spot. Set's reminder on phone for tomorrow.

Actually now I mentioned blood donation I completely forgot to ring them today for an appointment they are in town but you need to book a spot. Set's reminder on phone for tomorrow.

I remember being offered a free pint of either Guinness or Bud after giving blood. Do they still do that? I haven't given blood recently.

crosstownk wrote: »
    I remember being offered a free pint of either Guinness or Bud after giving blood. Do they still do that? I haven't given blood recently.

No thing of the past unfortunately https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/no-bad-blood-as-guinness-ends-free-pint-for-donors-26643217.html#:~:text=Guinness's%20parent%20company%20Diageo,longer%20suited%20its%20%22style%22.

I remember going with my dad in the 80's and 90's and there being pencils and car stickers as well as the biscuits and tayto and club and Guinness.

I think "the owner is a donor" was the slogan on them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

But having a tail is pretty cool is it?

I got Moderna so a third eye is starting to emerge, no sign of enlightenment yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Elastic compute? Nah. Bodging via PR? Yeah gowan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Town in the Netherlands has built replicas of all the imaginary bridges from the euro notes over a canal.

https://twitter.com/grr_mono/status/1394745644133326849

Advertisement