Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cfitz86

Trying to gather documents to upload for self build, we have proof of first drawdown, valuation but just on the LTV, we are with AIB and the contract doesn’t specify 70% it only shows between 50-80 but the bank have done out an illustration for us showing the LTV, is that enough to submit? Also when the solicitor approves do they just confirm that the documents I upload are correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

Hi there,

Have searched the thread but haven’t found the answer so I hope I’m not repeating something.

We booked a house in a new development today but I imagine contracts/deposit won’t be for a few weeks. Out HTB expires on 31st March. Is it possible to cancel it now and apply again? I’d hate for it to run out the day we need it and then have to wait ages again when we reapply.

Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TFitz49

We are trying to suss out the help to buy scheme. We are going direct labour and sorting final drawdown. our mortgage is 165k site was valued at 60k and we had deposit of 20k so it put our LTV at 67.34 the bank have been great and even given a letter that we are 70% to try help us but our initial valuation report shows site at 60k price 171k (based on engineers costings) and value on completion at 310k, anyone know if I’d be ok to apply or should I see if auctioneer can lower value of the site for the final evaluation?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

climber59 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Have searched the thread but haven’t found the answer so I hope I’m not repeating something.

We booked a house in a new development today but I imagine contracts/deposit won’t be for a few weeks. Out HTB expires on 31st March. Is it possible to cancel it now and apply again? I’d hate for it to run out the day we need it and then have to wait ages again when we reapply.

Thanks a mil!

Hi,

I'm in exactly the same situation as yourself.
    Firstly you have to file your taxes for 2017 online via my account. After this you should get a P21 statement within 48 hours. This document will show you if you have any outstanding taxes for 2017 (for example my employer forgot to include illness benefit in the payroll which is taxable and as a result I owed Revenue some monies). If there is an underpayment then I would advise you to pay it over the phone there and then to avoid any delays.After payment has been made it will take 48 hours to get an updated P21 statement. If you don't owe them monies then all is in order.

Secondly I was told by Revenue to cancel the help-to-buy application in the last week of March and re-apply on the 1st of April.

Don't forget to do the same with your partner / spouse.

I hope this helps.

MSVforever wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm in exactly the same situation as yourself.
    Firstly you have to file your taxes for 2017 online via my account. After this you should get a P21 statement within 48 hours. This document will show you if you have any outstanding taxes for 2017 (for example my employer forgot to include illness benefit in the payroll which is taxable and as a result I owed Revenue some monies). If there is an underpayment then I would advise you to pay it over the phone there and then to avoid any delays.After payment has been made it will take 48 hours to get an updated P21 statement. If you don't owe them monies then all is in order.

Secondly I was told by Revenue to cancel the help-to-buy application in the last week of March and re-apply on the 1st of April.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a million for that. I got a bit impatient and rang Revenue who didn't really seem to understand what I was asking - I think it really depends on who you get on the phone. So I just cancelled it and reapplied yesterday. Hopefully that won't be a problem. Luckily we had already filed our forms as we had already claimed our health expenses so we were good to go.

It took ages the first time as they had mistakenly made me liable for LPT years ago so I had to get all that sorted. I'm hoping it will be a lot quicker this time!

Thanks again for responding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 siliconebarbie

I received the below information about the Claim stage once approved for HTB. I hope it helps someone!!

Application Approval Your Help To Buy (HTB) Application has been approved. Your Application Reference is AXXXXXXXX. Your Access Code, which is a 6-digit number, has been sent to you in MyEnquiries. Claim Stage Step 1 When making your claim: - Upload evidence of your mortgage (including the name of the mortgage institution, the mortgage amount, and a mortgage acceptance form signed by all applicants), and - if you are buying a home - a copy of the signed and dated contract (or contracts) with the developer, or - if you are building a home - proof of the drawdown of the first part of the mortgage and a copy of the valuation report from your lender. If you want upload any additional documentation after you have made your claim, you can do so through MyEnquiries. Step 2 You will be asked to confirm details about the: - property - purchase price (buying) or valuation (self-building) - date of completion - mortgage - amount of deposit already paid. If you are applying with other people you will also need to confirm the portion of the refund to be refunded to each person. If you are self-building, you will need to provide the BIC and IBAN of the loan bank account. Once you have submitted your claim you will be provided with a Claim Reference. The Claim Reference consists of the letter "C", followed by 8 digits. The 8 digits are the same as the 8-digits in your Application Reference. Please ensure that you have carefully checked all the information you input before you sign and submit the claim. If any of the information you have provided is incorrect you must cancel your claim and submit a new claim with the correct information before you continue to the Verification Stage. Verification Once you have submitted your claim you should advise your: - developer or contractor (if you are buying), or - solicitor (if you are self-building), to allow them to verify your claim. Provide them with your Claim Reference (issued to you after the Claim Stage) and Access Code (issued to you after the Application Stage). Once approved, the claim will become available to be refunded to the account provided, which typically takes 5 working days. The Developer/Contractor must appear on the list of Qualified Contractors (if you are buying): The Solicitor must be approved as a Registered Solicitor for the purposes of the Help To Buy Incentive, using the HTB2 Form (if you are self-building): Refund Depending on the nature of the application, the refund will be paid to: - Retrospectives (where contract was signed (buyer) or 1st tranche of mortgage was drawn down (self-build) between 19/7/16 and 31/12/16) - applicant's bank account - New Purchase (contract signed between 1/1/17 and 31/12/19) - contractor's bank account - Self Build (1st tranche of mortgage was drawn down between 1/1/17 and 31/12/19) - applicant's bank account which the applicant has with the mortgage institution that advanced the qualifying loan (where the applicant does not hold an account with the mortgage institution that advanced the qualifying loan, it will be necessary to open an account in that institution) Note - the amount of the final refund will be subject to 5% of the purchase price or valuation of the house so it may differ from the maximum relief summary you received at application stage. Mortgage Lender Confirmation After the Application Stage is completed by the first time buyer or first time self-builder the Mortgage Query tool can be used by the applicant's lending institute or the first time buyer's developer/contractor to confirm the maximum relief available to an applicant prior either mortgage approval or signing a contract to purchase a home. This is done by entering the HTB Application Reference and HTB Access Code (provided by the first time buyer). The Access Code is provided through MyEnquiries to the applicant once the Application Stage is completed. Note that the HTB refund may change once the purchase price of the property is confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I didnt get any of that lolsssss

When approved, I got a message saying "you are appoved for x amount. Here are your codes to claim".

End of transmission.

So, Ive been wondering what happens next. Am a self build. So I guess from your text above, its when I have first stage drawn down I will get the refund (not sure who gets it! Me or the builder).

dellas1979 wrote: »
    I didnt get any of that lolsssss

When approved, I got a message saying "you are appoved for x amount. Here are your codes to claim".

End of transmission.

So, Ive been wondering what happens next. Am a self build. So I guess from your text above, its when I have first stage drawn down I will get the refund (not sure who gets it! Me or the builder).

Hi

I just realised that it was sent to me back in January!! I'm also a self build and just about to upload the documents as we have just made our first drawdown last week! We're putting in our own bank details and will write a cheque for builder then....

we have just made our first drawdown last week! We're putting in our own bank details and will write a cheque for builder then....

That is my missing link then......I didnt realise it was until you drew down first stage. Id uploaded the signed mortgage contract. (could it not just have said on the page, "To claim as a self build, you need to upload these docs...."

First draw down wont be till July/August I imagine (Ive to put X amount towards the build myself and then can draw down first stage).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

(could it not just have said on the page, "To claim as a self build, you need to upload these docs...."

The website is very bad for stuff like this. I finally got my HTB codes the other day but I wasted a week ringing around asking questions when it turned out that applying for a tax clearance cert solved my problem in two minutes flat. The website said one had not been issued and I assumed I had to wait for Revenue to issue it, nope :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

missmatty wrote: »
    The website is very bad for stuff like this. I finally got my HTB codes the other day but I wasted a week ringing around asking questions when it turned out that applying for a tax clearance cert solved my problem in two minutes flat. The website said one had not been issued and I assumed I had to wait for Revenue to issue it, nope :rolleyes:

I am doing a self build also but doing it direct labour. I have got my codes from Revenue. What do I need to do to receive the HTB payment & who will get it? Will it be transferred to me or my solicitor? Any info appreciated

Thanks a million for that. I got a bit impatient and rang Revenue who didn't really seem to understand what I was asking - I think it really depends on who you get on the phone. So I just cancelled it and reapplied yesterday. Hopefully that won't be a problem. Luckily we had already filed our forms as we had already claimed our health expenses so we were good to go.

It took ages the first time as they had mistakenly made me liable for LPT years ago so I had to get all that sorted. I'm hoping it will be a lot quicker this time!

Thanks again for responding.

It took Revenue almost 3 month to sort out our help to buy application as they mixed up our health expenses claims. In the end I got a tax refund and my wife had to pay back the exact same amount.... crazy...
    Good luck with the re-application and let us know how you are getting on. Fingers crossed! Cheers.

I am doing a self build also but doing it direct labour. I have got my codes from Revenue. What do I need to do to receive the HTB payment & who will get it? Will it be transferred to me or my solicitor? Any info appreciated

From myself trying to gather information, you need to upload your signed mortgage contract, valuation report (I know this can be on the mortgage loan offer too), and proof of first draw down.

AFAIK, you can put in your bank details and you get it.

I will put a little :confused: face, as I "think" this is what happens (from reading others' stories).

From myself trying to gather information, you need to upload your signed mortgage contract, valuation report (I know this can be on the mortgage loan offer too), and proof of first draw down.

AFAIK, you can put in your bank details and you get it.

I will put a little :confused: face, as I "think" this is what happens (from reading others' stories).

I have just uploaded those documents, forwarded my access and claim ref to solicitor and just going to pray that once solictor logs on to verify details with the codes that we will get the refund within 5 working days into our own current account..... I'll let ye know next week....

It took Revenue almost 3 month to sort out our help to buy application as they mixed up our health expenses claims. In the end I got a tax refund and my wife had to pay back the exact same amount.... crazy...
    Good luck with the re-application and let us know how you are getting on. Fingers crossed! Cheers.

Just an update. I have cancelled my help to buy application which was due to expire on the 31st March and re-applied straight afterwards today. Got an instant approval and the new expiry date is the 31st December 2018. Happy days.

Just an update. I have cancelled my help to buy application which was due to expire on the 31st March and re-applied straight afterwards today. Got an instant approval and the new expiry date is the 31st December 2018. Happy days.

That’s great news - we’ll done!

They managed to reapply the LPT to mine again so we’re not getting anywhere right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Just wondering, has anybody gotten rejected when applying for HTB?

We were told it’s automated and they may grant it, but if you get rejected they will claw it back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Chumpski wrote: »
    Just wondering, has anybody gotten rejected when applying for HTB?

We were told it’s automated and they may grant it, but if you get rejected they will claw it back later.

Are you a self build?

Its a tax rebate so everyone should be eligible once they are tax complaint and complete the necessary forms.

That’s great news - we’ll done!

They managed to reapply the LPT to mine again so we’re not getting anywhere right now!

Thanks I'm just relieved after all this trouble with them last year.
    Did they give you a timeline when this will be sorted? If not then I would escalate this at supervisor/ manager level as you don't want to be stuck when the contract arrives.

Thanks I'm just relieved after all this trouble with them last year.
    Did they give you a timeline when this will be sorted? If not then I would escalate this at supervisor/ manager level as you don't want to be stuck when the contract arrives.

Good tip - thanks for that! Phoned them again and they said they know the problem is on their side and they'll have it sorted in the next day or two. So hopefully it will be sorted by this time next week.

Thankfully our contracts aren't going out for a few weeks so I have time ti get it sorted. I'll post an update next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Our contracts weren't sent out until we had our Help to Buy Application Number and codes, I don't know if all developers do this or not!

Good tip - thanks for that! Phoned them again and they said they know the problem is on their side and they'll have it sorted in the next day or two. So hopefully it will be sorted by this time next week.

Thankfully our contracts aren't going out for a few weeks so I have time ti get it sorted. I'll post an update next week.

Fingers crossed! Our contracts were meant to be sent out early this week but it didn't happen. Apparently they will issued next week ..... let's see. Anyway I would keep calling them on a daily basis :)

Fingers crossed! Our contracts were meant to be sent out early this week but it didn't happen. Apparently they will issued next week ..... let's see. Anyway I would keep calling them on a daily basis :)

All sorted thankfully! Got an email Friday evening with the approved application. Good idea to ring them again - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jack_frost_09

Hi all

I'm sure this has been asked before but my thread search hasn't yielded results.

Just wondering if people have successfully availed of the scheme at the time of closing? i.e. if the initial deposit on the new build has come from own funds, have people been able to use HTB to fund part of the final outstanding balance following completion.

Thanks

All sorted thankfully! Got an email Friday evening with the approved application. Good idea to ring them again - thanks!

Congrats! Great to hear that you got sorted. One less thing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Can someone tell me what number you are using to phone Revenue? Is it just your local tax district? My application has been "under review" for three weeks, no luck using myenquiries

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

1890 333 425. - it is mentioned on my post - Page 118 :) 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Has anyone any experience of having to put in 2 applications? Our builders have given us a separate site cost and build cost and they want us to apply for two separate grants, woman I spoke to in revenue said we can't do that but the builder is saying that's the way they were told to do it. Anyone here able to shed any light on this? Getting very frustrating now.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

is this for self built or buying house ? 2 applications for H2B - trying to understand the need ? The generated codes will ensure max amount delivered directly to the developer, cant they split in house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

is this for self built or buying house ? 2 applications for H2B - trying to understand the need ? The generated codes will ensure max amount delivered directly to the developer, cant they split in house

Hi, sorry meant to specify this is a purchase and not a self build but the way they designed the contract they split it into a site cost and build cost.

Advertisement