Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What practice/beliefs make you instantly lose respect for someone?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Pro lifers and people that aren't "dog" people!!!

People who highlight 'I'm a dog person'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Lack of loyalty. I think that's universal enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Elemonator wrote: »
    Lack of loyalty. I think that's universal enough.

Agreed. to me a lack of loyalty indicates an opportunistic weak human being. eurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭1641

MzMurfy wrote: »
    People with zero empathy
    People that take pride in being horrible to kids and animals
    People that think the world owes them a favour and refuse to do anything to help themselves.

The zero empathy one is the worst though, It disturbs me.

True - I have zero empathy for any of these.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

fastrac wrote: »
    Nosiness

What do you mean - why do hold that view?

For me it's religious people. It doesnt mean I won't necessarily like them, but they do go down in my estimation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭the14thwarrior

griffin100 wrote: »
    Leaving your tray and rubbish on the table in a fast food place for others to clean up when the bin is 10ft away, usually accompanied with ‘but it’s their job’, have some respect for others.

People who say things like the above and have a rant at me accusing me of not having respect for others for leaving a tray of food in a restaurant on the table when they have people working on the floor to clean the trays off the table, or if they don't, they should pay for someone to do it. this was my job FYI for a few months and i was happy to do my job.

leaving a tray of food on the table to me doesn't equate with having no respect for others. GET A GRIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭the14thwarrior

Most people grow out of smoking by their mid 20's. Of anyone older than that I know I only know one daily smoker you'd regard as successful and mentally together.[/QUOTE]

people who say smokers are not successful and mentally together. its the herd mentality i hate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

What practice/beliefs make you instantly lose respect for someone?

If someone doesn't constantly crowbar their beliefs into every situation, then I don't really care what their into.

Regarding practices, treating someone below you in a company like crap or making a big deal if someone is a bit different makes me lose respect.

Also the lack of personal responsibility that seems to the norm today - everybody seems to be able blame their behavior on upbringing, a disorder, substance abuse etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

boombang wrote: »
    Scratchcard players.

Spitters.

Those who read the horroscope.

Those who have a simplistic moralistic reaction to many stories without thinking for a minute that it might be more complicated: "the government should just give houses to all the homeless people".

People who think a Marxist utopia is going to arrive any day now, despite all the evidence of the 20th century.
    Never understood this. Once I cum I couldn't care less what she does with it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Maurice Yeltsin

Most people grow out of smoking by their mid 20's. Of anyone older than that I know I only know one daily smoker you'd regard as successful and mentally together.

people who say smokers are not successful and mentally together. its the herd mentality i hate[/QUOTE]

All but one stoner I know aged over 25 has either spent a ludicrous amount of time unemployed or is not fully mentally together, or both. Things like keeping a half clean bedroom, wearing clean clothes, few interests beyond gaming, attending protests and spreading radical left wing links on Facebook, one lad I know was putting his brown bin full of general rubbish out every fortnight and was clueless as to why it was never collected (well that's not quite true, he'd be lucky to get the bins out once per month as he'd usually be stoned when the reminder text would arrive and wouldn't go outside to wheel them out), leaving doors unlocked, leaving lights on, losing keys. Things like that.

The problem with most stoners vs alcoholics, most alcoholics aren't permanently drunk. They don't drink first thing in the morning. They don't need a sneaky can on their lunch break to make it through the work day.

Stoners typically require a dose in bed, one before leaving the house, and one in work if they do work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Leftists who actually believe and insist that Islam is a religion of peace and lovey dovey towards all outsiders, when in fact the Islamic holy texts clearly state otherwise.

Those who make a profession out of Virtue Signalling in the latest public tastes and trends in fashion and charitable causes.

:C

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Most people grow out of smoking by their mid 20's. Of anyone older than that I know I only know one daily smoker you'd regard as successful and mentally together.

people who say smokers are not successful and mentally together. its the herd mentality i hate

All but one stoner I know aged over 25 has either spent a ludicrous amount of time unemployed or is not fully mentally together, or both. Things like keeping a half clean bedroom, wearing clean clothes, few interests beyond gaming, attending protests and spreading radical left wing links on Facebook, one lad I know was putting his brown bin full of general rubbish out every fortnight and was clueless as to why it was never collected (well that's not quite true, he'd be lucky to get the bins out once per month as he'd usually be stoned when the reminder text would arrive and wouldn't go outside to wheel them out), leaving doors unlocked, leaving lights on, losing keys. Things like that.

The problem with most stoners vs alcoholics, most alcoholics aren't permanently drunk. They don't drink first thing in the morning. They don't need a sneaky can on their lunch break to make it through the work day.

Stoners typically require a dose in bed, one before leaving the house, and one in work if they do work.[/quote]
    You know a load of people who 'smoke' daily. You just don't know they smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

People who wear hat's in the gym.

Ha.
    Love how specific this is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Anti religious people. Criticise the organisation but unless someone with belief is being self righteous or pontificating, stop talking down to people who have a belief system in place. You don't know what is happening to them and how important that faith is in helping them through

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Flat earthers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When women moan about having to buy a new dress to attend a wedding because they have to. No, you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭denismc

fergus1001 wrote: »
    people who leave the emersion on

People who can't spell immersion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭firemansam4

kenmc wrote:
    Religious belief of any flavour is an absolute no no for me. I cannot take seriously anyone who, as an adult, believes that myths and legends are fact

People who have opinions like this. BTW I am atheist....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

People who wear 'If found return to the pub' t-shirt's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

People who dismiss a song because too simple, 'It's only three chords, a child could play it'

Pretentious knobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Collective guilt shame brigade people imposing due to life choices whole ****ing PC wanker nonsense. Liberal agenda bull****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Maurice Yeltsin

Sardonicat wrote: »
    A

Another trope relied on in stoner culture is the insistence that a sizeable amount of doctors, business tycoons and other assorted high achieving go getters spark up every evening.

They really don't.

Noel Gallagher said it best “I was getting halfway through writing a line of a song and I’d fall asleep because I was stoned. The day I stopped was the day my life began. I was suddenly clear-headed. I wrote 50 songs in two weeks. People go on about smack and Ecstasy, but I think draw is the scourge of my generation. I know loads of talented musicians who are still sitting in Manchester in their bedrooms, stoned, because they can’t be bothered to get off their beep.”8

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eggbread

Snotting on their hand and licking it off in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sardonicat wrote: »
    A

Another trope relied on in stoner culture is the insistence that a sizeable amount of doctors, business tycoons and other assorted high achieving go getters spark up every evening.

They really don't.
    Lots of people smoke but don't advertise the fact. Not everyone who smokes is a stoner, just like not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic. I do not smoke myself, BTW, or drink, but i know a few that do and function just fine. They don't smoke all day, everyday and don't make it known to all and sundry that they smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tombom1

Recreational drug users

People who reveal their true colours when drunk.
    It wasn't the drink talking ,the drink just let you show what you really think.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

Tin whistle players

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭noubliezjamais

Tombom1 wrote: »
    Recreational drug users

People who reveal their true colours when drunk.
    It wasn't the drink talking ,the drink just let you show what you really think.

Why though?

Is someone not allowed to enjoy themselves? do you think the same for people who engage in same sex relationships?

if not, then how is using a substance different? it's their body.

not attacking you just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Skyfloater

Grown men who around in shorts in the depths of winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,439 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Flat earthers I will stop debating with instantly.

Advertisement