Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What practice/beliefs make you instantly lose respect for someone?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

People that truly believe Gerry Adams was not a member of the IRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

People that truly believe Gerry Adams was not a member of the IRA.

So, nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Adults playing computer games, especially the ones who talk about little else. It’s embarrassing.

I guess you could add in wrestling fans, the fake wrestling not the one you’d see in the Olympics.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

theguzman wrote: »
    People who espose left-wing beliefs, or politically correct nonsence. Any sort of pro-EU Luvvie type who actually thinks the EU is good for anything.

People who use the term luvvie. Especially those who capitalize it for no reason and can't spell espouse or nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

GMSA wrote: »
    Reardon in Cork?

If it is I'm done with you. An overpriced cattle mart. Corks version of Coppers. Was dragged in there 2 yrs ago supposedly going to be a great night. What a kip.

Yup... it was my college bar and I only go there on work nights out the odd time ... I just see that same guy who was late 30s now mid 40s still wearing sad t shirts with messages on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Adults playing computer games, especially the ones who talk about little else. It’s embarrassing.

I guess you could add in wrestling fans, the fake wrestling not the one you’d see in the Olympics.

Yessssss!!! Fully grown men and women circle jerking over stone cold steve austin is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

People who use the word 'irregardless' and Nazis.

Grown ups into Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Anime or Pokémon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Putting brown sauce on a fried breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

cats and cat people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The guy who whips out the guitar in the house party and insists everyone shush for his godawful tune

Buzz killer

Theres one in my hometown. His party piece is Sonnet by The Verve, but he changes the words to "There's love if you want it, lep up on the bonnet'. It wasnt funny 20 years ago, but still now he accentuates the words and laughs like hes going to blow everyones mind with the hilarity of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

anyone who sides with Anti-vaccine

not only are you putting your child at risk but you are putting mine at risk as well

cop on and stop reading bullsh1t on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Those who push religious beliefs and same with atheists who use it to bash religion - a ex friend of mine had gone hardcore atheist, constantly whinnying about religion, joining an atheist society, trying to round people up to join with him and even he hung out with me and other friend he kept trying to steer the conversation back to I hate religion.., (I’ve no problem people believing or not believing religion but the over pushing it either way is irritating)

Completely agree. I often find myself saying "You are very preachy for an athiest"

I also hate when athiests say "I believe in science". Please...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

Believing unquestioningly in mediums, psychics, faith healers, 'cures' etc.

A woman I used to work with told me of an uncle with terminal cancer given months to live who went to a 'healer', he went on to live for a 3 more years before unfortunately succumbing to the disease. When I wasn't instantly convinced by this, she became irate and aggressive.

The same womans toddler was sick with what sounded like a very serious virus. She refused to take him to a doctor, insisting on waiting for a old woman with 'cures' (I'm not sure what they're called) to see him. However the woman would cleverly only see him after he'd been sick for 4 days.

The child was running a high fever and very weak. After everyone turned on her and told her to cop the **** on and take the child to a doctor, she stopped coming to work until she had brought the child to the 'cure' woman. The child miraculously got better a few days after recieving it's 'cure' i.e. the average length of time for a virus to run its course.

This was Ireland in 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,777 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Simi wrote: »
    Believing unquestioningly in mediums, psychics, faith healers, 'cures' etc.

A woman I used to work with told me of an uncle with terminal cancer given months to live who went to a 'healer', he went on to live for a 3 more years before unfortunately succumbing to the disease. When I wasn't instantly convinced by this, she became irate and aggressive.

The same womans toddler was sick with what sounded like a very serious virus. She refused to take him to a doctor, insisting on waiting for a old woman with 'cures' (I'm not sure what they're called) to see him. However the woman would cleverly only see him after he'd been sick for 4 days.

The child was running a high fever and very weak. After everyone turned on her and told her to cop the **** on and take the child to a doctor, she stopped coming to work until she had brought the child to the 'cure' woman. The child miraculously got better a few days after recieving it's 'cure' i.e. the average length of time for a virus to run its course.

This was Ireland in 2016!

Was she Irish or from Borat's village?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Being piously religious.

I've no problem with faith, but don't dare use your faith to come across as morally superior/other to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I think it goes without saying but thugs or bullies would be my biggest gripe. People who support antisocial behavior or scumbags. Temperamental people with chips on their shoulder. Anyone that would start a fight or try to assault someone unprovoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭pgj2015

men who wear those brown short sleeved check shirts and brown shoes on a night out.

those child groomer hunters in the UK, always scummy aggressive types who are just doing it for youtube hits, if they really wanted to help, all they have to do is hand the evidence over to the police.

Being piously religious.

I've no problem with faith, but don't dare use your faith to come across as morally superior/other to others.

So, like advertising you go to the church on Tuesdays. Tuesdays! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Guys who wear those Peaky Blinder style caps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Also?

showera baxtards

Guys who wear those Peaky Blinder style caps!

Oh Christ yes and those who dress like them. - mcgregor should take some of the blame too for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

Was she Irish or from Borat's village?

Irish, from a small village. She also visited a psychic and when her predictions failed to come to pass, she believed she'd chosen to alter her own path, rather than believe the psychic was bollocks.

I've often wondered since whether she actually believed all this or she just made it up to drive us all up the wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Any form of Religion really and the typical inclination to run down all other religions as not being the one true religion..

Wakey wakey like.. ye're all a gang of adults going around living according to something that has as much reality in it as Shrek does.

Imagine killing in the name of Shrek the donkey.

Yet we have people killing in the name of their fairy tale Gods every day.

Surreal really.

people who sleep around and don't use condoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Those types that sneer and jeer people for going to work, I had an ex that basically told me it was pointless me working as he made a fortune in benefits. He just couldn't understand why anybody would want to work when there is a perfectly good benefits system :rolleyes:

pgj2015 wrote: »
    people who sleep around and don't use condoms.

It allowed you be born.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

People who pretend to find desperately unfunny comedians like Stewart Lee and Ricky Gervais funny. Who are you trying to fool?

It allowed you be born.

my parents were married so no it didn't.

• Advertisement

people who find mrs browns boys funny.

Advertisement