Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What practice/beliefs make you instantly lose respect for someone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Craft beer ****

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭noubliezjamais

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Lots of people smoke but don't advertise the fact. Not everyone who smokes is a stoner, just like not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic. I do not smoke myself, BTW, or drink, but i know a few that do and function just fine. They don't smoke all day, everyday and don't make it known to all and sundry that they smoke.

Would it be common for people you know to smoke weed? The younger or older generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Vegans!

I know this couple who are both vegans and both are lovely people .....but that's not what I came on here to say .....

Both of them are always doing marathons and triathlons.... nether of them are thin as rakes ...

I dont know how they do it ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I know this couple who are both vegans and both are lovely people .....but that's not what I came on here to say .....

Both of them are always doing marathons and triathlons.... nether of them are thin as rakes ...

I dont know how they do it ....

As far as I know sugar is vegan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

People who espose left-wing beliefs, or politically correct nonsence. Any sort of pro-EU Luvvie type who actually thinks the EU is good for anything.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Maurice Yeltsin

boombang wrote: »
    Those who have a simplistic moralistic reaction to many stories without thinking for a minute that it might be more complicated: "the government should just give houses to all the homeless people".

This.

Utter ****ing arseholes who, to cite a recent example, share some nonsense photos or videos along the lines of "Supermacs in wherever threw out this homeless man the second he finished his meal". These people have absolutely no idea if the man was harassing others, whether he had been spotted after being served by a staff member who banned him previously, lit up a smoke etc etc. No, there's just a knee jerk reaction that every single homeless person out there is some saintly character dealt a bad hand by the banksters and FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Flat earthers I will stop debating with instantly.

Let them wallow in their own stupidity, they're not doing anyone any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Forgot to add: People who allow dogs and cats into houses, its gross and disgusting. Dogs are filthy creatures and cats even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Let them wallow in their own stupidity, they're not doing anyone any harm.

Unless they push you over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tombom1

Why though?

Is someone not allowed to enjoy themselves? do you think the same for people who engage in same sex relationships?

if not, then how is using a substance different? it's their body.

not attacking you just curious

Whats that supposed to mean 😂sounds like you trying to say I'm a homophobe because I don't think people should be taking dangerous substances to have a bit of fun.

If you can't have a bit of craic without relying on drugs I don't want to be around you .you can fry your brain all you want but I'm not gonna respect you for it.
    I seen friends become shells of themselves (may be a bit of an exaggeration but some people just dont react well with rec drugs)and some go down the addict path because they don't know when to stop.

Alot of them seem to rely on "smart" drugs too. Why the hell should I respect them for trying cheat their way through life.

Nevermind the permanent effects they are having on your brain chemistry.

• Advertisement

Grown men who wear soccer jersies to the pub. I can understand wearing an Ireland jersey when they are playing, likewise your county colours, but 40-year old Jayo from Blanchardstown wearing his favourite Liverpool/United kit in to his local just looks strange. Doubly so when they have a players name printed at the back.

Is it just me or do far fewer people wear jerseys as casual wear compared to 10 years ago?

I don't know if it's anything to do with the general decline in both Liverpool and Utd in the last decade bar the odd good season, but I notice far fewer people wearing them.

Or maybe it's that Standard Chartered are the most eye wateringly boring sponsor name that has ever emblazoned a jersey.

Is it just me or do far fewer people wear jerseys as casual wear compared to 10 years ago?

I don't know if it's anything to do with the general decline in both Liverpool and Utd in the last decade bar the odd good season, but I notice far fewer people wearing them.

:pac: try nearly 3 decades.

numbnutz wrote: »
    Drivers who insist the middle lane is for overtaking only...just **** off now with yourself the roads are beyond capacity for that ****e

Infintiely worse, people who when you indicate to change motorway lane, actually speed up to make sure you can't get infront. What the utter **** like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Cheaters

screamer wrote: »
    Cheaters

Yeah, I know what you mean. I find Chelsea players in general and Harry Kane in particular the worst, especially around the penalty area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

denismc wrote:
    People who can't spell immersion

add grammar Nazi's to my list too

fergus1001 wrote: »

Also?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People needing everyone's approval

Does it matter if some people don't like your clothes , smoking habit , sex life or anything else ?

They're never going to change their mind so why bother justifying it?

Life is short, do what brings you happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

People who wear 'If found return to the pub' t-shirt's.

Especially if your older than 23.... there’s a guy I see in reardens bar - in his 40s at earliest with blonde dyed hair always in one of these t shirts ..,it’s sad

They're never going to change their mind so why bother justifying it?

For the good of society it's good to challenge perceptions. It's how we now live in a more tolerant society. For example, I was once of the opinion that the term marriage should be exclusive for heterosexuals, but changed my mind and by the time the vote came around I was strongly in favour of same sex marriage.

Of course, nobody in the history of the internet has ever had their mind changed :p

• Advertisement

Non binary or the 700 gender nonsense ... your either a guy or girl or trans ....your not special, so stop looking fir attention

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Grudge holders and vindictiveness. Those people who when you meet them you get a full run down of every row they’ve ever had with anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The guy who whips out the guitar in the house party and insists everyone shush for his godawful tune

Buzz killer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

For the good of society it's good to challenge perceptions. It's how we now live in a more tolerant society. For example, I was once of the opinion that the term marriage should be exclusive for heterosexuals, but changed my mind and by the time the vote came around I was strongly in favour of same sex marriage.

Of course, nobody in the history of the internet has ever had their mind changed :p

fair enough

I'm sure some do but they seem scared to admit it

fergus1001 wrote: »

Nazis.
    No apostrophe.

You're welcome.

Boy racers or whomever has an unhealthy obsession with a vehicle

People who share their crappy music with everyone on public transport over their phones or sh1tty speakers.

Earphones have been invented, use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Not a popular addition to this thread I imagine, but I'd say I'm immediately turned off by people who jump to conclusions about others without making any effort to understand their prescriptive,even worse people who are proud that they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

People who read the Secret....and believe it like its science.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Especially if your older than 23.... there’s a guy I see in reardens bar - in his 40s at earliest with blonde dyed hair always in one of these t shirts ..,it’s sad
    Reardon in Cork?

If it is I'm done with you. An overpriced cattle mart. Corks version of Coppers. Was dragged in there 2 yrs ago supposedly going to be a great night. What a kip.

Advertisement