Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oliver Reed

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

Heckler wrote: »
    A pedophile is someone attracted to pre-pubescent children.

I'll try to find a link but a recent survey showed men pictures of full body females with the heads blurred out . The results ? something like 80% of those surveyed were attracted to the 14-17 year old body shape.

That is disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

LadyAthame wrote: »
    That is disturbing.

Debatable. A fully developed 17 year old ? Whats wrong with being attracted to that ?

Heckler wrote: »
    Debatable. A fully developed 17 year old ? Whats wrong with being attracted to that ?

14-17 year old is a wider spectrum that at one end pulls towards undeveloped.

At 17 I could have passed for 13. Older men with a serial penchant or preference for young girls tend to have issues. It's not the same as seeing a young woman and saying 'oh she's attractive ..bit young though'. Mistakes are made often of course I understand that.

If a man or a woman is habitually attracted to underage teens and acts I think they have an issue.

Boosroles wrote: »
    That's reality, men are primarily attracted to youth and fertility.

That is actually an uninformed viewpoint.

Pregnant teens and their unborn babies have unique medical risks. Just because a girl gets her period does not mean her body is actually capable of supporting a healthy pregnancy yet.

Girls who give birth in their teens have statistically more risks. It's harder to have a healthy pregnancy in your teens.

Infants born to teens are 2 - 6 times more likely to have low birth weight than those born to mothers age 20 or older.

Premature labour is common amongst teen mothers. I have friends who had babies as teens all three of them had complications.

Low birth weights are another issue for teen mothers.

Pregnant teens have a higher risk of getting high blood pressure and pregnancy related hypertension.

Teen moms are also a higher risk for placenta abnormalities, Placenta previa.

They also are at a higher risk for Toxemia.

Pregnant teens and their babies are at higher risk of health problems than are pregnant women who are older.
    Actually if it were true that men were attracted to women who would be fertile and give birth to healthy children then inverse of what you are saying would be true.

Your twenties are the optimum time physically for having children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

That's reality, men are primarily attracted to youth and fertility.

No maaan, mens genes adapt to whatever the prevailing law is.

• Advertisement

I didn't say teens were optimal in terms of fertility, they often are very fertile ...........

That statement makes no sense.

Why? Do you know what optimal means?

lol

They are not often very fertile rather they are a high risk group for severe complications. In humans, a woman's fertility peaks in the early and mid-20s.

Mid 20's is the peak fertility age for a woman.

http www .babycenter .com

'Experts say the average woman's fertility peaks in her early 20s. So from a strictly biological perspective, this is the best decade for conceiving and carrying a baby.'

No one said it wasn't, teenage females are very fertile.

No actually they are not. Again a very informed and rather odd opinion.

Teen girls are still irregular very often with cycles and some months very often fail to ovulate at all. That is perfectly normal at that age.

Peak fertility is in your 20's.

Where on earth did you hear that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

jungleman wrote: »
    I've heard from a few different people that the alleged activities were behind his death. I've heard a few other things about it too that are definitely unrepeatable, especially on a public forum. It could all be a load of bull, not denying that, I'm just saying what I've heard.

Well stop saying it! He is not guilty of anything. He was blown to bits by the IRA with his little grandson. Not good enough for you? Want to castigate his memory with nasty and totally unproven gossip and innuendo probably put about by the same type of narrow minded parochial bigots who killed him?

He was by all accounts a total gentleman. Very distiuished career in WW2 and beyond. RIP.

And leave the gossip where it belongs.

• Advertisement

So my point stands, it may not be the optimal time for females in terms of fertility but teenage females are still very fertile generally speaking.Hence it's no surprise that is is not uncommon for men to find teenage females attractive.

No they are not very fertile at all. For teen girls it's common to get one and perhaps skip the next two for instance this might go on for the first few years and usually settles after your teen years. But the most irregular interval between periods is the time from the menarche to the second. It is not totally unusual for this to take anywhere from 2 to 6 months without a bleed. Ovulation may or may not occur.

Also and this is perhaps the most important point. Just because you ovulate does not mean you have a period and just because you have a period does not mean you ovulate. In fact most girls ovulate completely irregularly in their teens. Must more irregularly than there menstrual cycle is. Yet you start ovulating perhaps months before your first menarche.

Teenage girls usually go through a period of a couple of years of less regular menstruation and their ovulation is even less regular than that with teen girls more likely to not ovulate .
    Young girls do not ovulate regularly.

Only by the 3rd year of periods, about 75% of girls will have cycles that occur every 21-34 days. But she might still not ovulate regularly.

It all settles down in your twenties which is the peak time for fertility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

porsche959 wrote: »
    Course you can. He's dead. You're talking about Mountbatten, yes?
    Thing about Mountbatten is he was the royal family's fixer. If anything shady was going on at the top of the tree involving someone or other, he'd be the guy to organise the ring fence and cover-up. Whether or not he was mixed up in the ****e himself we still don't know.
    jungleman wrote: »
    It is possible he was completely innocent, granted. Allegedly the IRA targeted him specifically because of these rumours, however. Until a victim comes forward or there is solid evidence it's all just speculation.
    Apparently he also had dandruff...they found his head & shoulders on the beach :eek:

*grabs coat & exit's stage left* :D

Advertisement