Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Yes results will be emailed out, there will be a breakdown of how many marks you got in each section along with merit list number should you pass.

Do they give out the merit number with the AC results now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

W221 wrote: »
    Do they give out the merit number with the AC results now?

I think they do, this is my first time at the AC stage so I could be wrong.

I think they do, this is my first time at the AC stage so I could be wrong.

You could be right, and I hope you are, but they certainly didn’t back when I was going through 1509.

You could be right, and I hope you are, but they certainly didn’t back when I was going through 1509.

I checked with someone who has been at AC before and they confirmed it.

I checked with someone who has been at AC before and they confirmed it.

Excellent! I think it used to be you got the ML number after PCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Hey folks, still awaiting my AC, have a few weeks to go yet. Loving all the messages on here and support. Best of luck to those who have still yet to do their A/C and well done for the others who have got through it. Roll on May for us all!

LPT2018 wrote: »
    Hey folks, still awaiting my AC, have a few weeks to go yet. Loving all the messages on here and support. Best of luck to those who have still yet to do their A/C and well done for the others who have got through it. Roll on May for us all!

Roll on May is right! I did my AC away at the start, May might as well be December! The best of luck with yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Army654

Drtldl wrote: »
    Yeah until the very end I wasn’t aware there was anything that could be solved. Definitely missed out on some important info in the role plays. The actors felt so evasive. I asked the last one everything I could think of and then they asked me at the end if I was sure I had nothing left to ask. Definitely missed out on some key info on that one.

Glad Im not the only one, during that roleplay I managed to ask every question I could think of and nothing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zero1000F

AC tomorrow, crapping myself but heres nothing. Kids away for the day and I am sitting cramming everything I know into the few hours left. First time doing AC and hoping I don't end up making a fool of myself with the actors haha!! Good luck to all those still to sit their AC! Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

Good luck tomorrow. Deep breaths and remember they are only Actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

AC completed......hard to judge how it went. Report at the end was tricky and I didn’t get it completed in time.

JJss1988 wrote: »
    AC completed......hard to judge how it went. Report at the end was tricky and I didn’t get it completed in time.

Well done! It’s pretty stressful that’s for sure. Don’t worry too much about the reports, they aren’t scored as heavily as the role plays. The first time I did the AC in 1509 I made a complete balls of the written stuff but still ended up with an overall B grade.

Is it May 10th yet? The suspense is doing me in!

How’s everyone doing with the AC? I assume they’re on every day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 NI2019

Hi all!

First time on here - also found the AC very tricky with no notion of whether or not it went well or terribly!

Wishing everyone the best of luck, hopefully the wait isn't too long...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Hi guys. I've my assessment centre next week. Wondering what it will be like ? What is the equivalent of GCSE'S in the republic of Ireland? Are they somewhere between the junior cert and leaving cert ? I'm from the republic so don't have GCSE'S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Hi guys. I've my assessment centre next week. Wondering what it will be like ? What is the equivalent of GCSE'S in the republic of Ireland? Are they somewhere between the junior cert and leaving cert ? I'm from the republic so don't have GCSE'S

Have you got a leaving cert? Im ROI as well and did my AC for 1710 last year. Leaving cert was all I had and was fine and on ML waiting now. I don't exactly know where it falls between GCSE'S and a levels but like I said should be enough. Just make sure you have the original document and not the statement of provisional results with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

1. Is there really nowhere to leave your bag and phone?
    2. How did you deal with nerves?
    3. What's one tip or piece of advice you wish someone gave you before AC?
    4. Any tips for report writing? 🙄

1. Is there really nowhere to leave your bag and phone?
    2. How did you deal with nerves?
    3. What's one tip or piece of advice you wish someone gave you before AC?
    4. Any tips for report writing? 🙄

1. They take your phone off you and its kept in a plastic bag. There is a room for jackets/bags I think but they said about leave at own risk
    2. Nerves happen just try your best sleep and breakfast will help
    Got nothing for 3 or 4 sorry..

Njim91 wrote: »
    Have you got a leaving cert? Im ROI as well and did my AC for 1710 last year. Leaving cert was all I had and was fine and on ML waiting now. I don't exactly know where it falls between GCSE'S and a levels but like I said should be enough. Just make sure you have the original document and not the statement of provisional results with you.

Yes I do. They said it was fine on the day I had the originals thankfully. Yes it is confusing about the NFQs but should be grand. Not sure how it went haha very different than an interview

question guys, in terms of CV, did you write a new one, did you bring one to day 1/AC?

• Advertisement

Zero1000F wrote: »
    question guys, in terms of CV, did you write a new one, did you bring one to day 1/AC?

You don’t need a CV at all, just bring the documentation requested in the invitation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

Hey folks. How's everyone killing the time to the results? Take it the last A.C. is at the end of march?

Hey folks. How's everyone killing the time to the results? Take it the last A.C. is at the end of march?

It was frying my head but not too bad now. Work has been very busy so that helps keep my mind off it. I had my AC early January, it felt like May was so far away. 8 weeks down, 8 weeks still to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

I feel i really messed up my ac.really don’t know what to make of it!not feeling confident whatsoever but no one on this appears to feel confident afterwards so who knows 🀷*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

Yea the a.c. is tough. Especially the time limits but if it's anyone's first time at least you semi know what to expect now which is a big help. The wait is deadly. From application to earliest start is nearly a year. I can only imagine how bad it was for people in the 2015 campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nuggets007

Have my AC tomorrow, this is my first time applying since 2013, just passed the IST by 1 mark. Been reading all the post on this forum trying to get as much information as possible. Anyone have any tips for the action plans?

New to the forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

Hi, how are you all?

Haven't been on much since completing the ac. Like others who have previously posted, I don't know how I feel performance wise at all!

I have came away feeling I could of done so much better and the stuff that keeps coming to mind that I should of said or did... all part of the process I guess. Not holding out much hope, but was glad to experience it so next year i can prepare better for it... personal circumstances at the moment held me back a little but completed it anyway as I know I would of just wondered what if.. just want to wish everyone best of luck.. waiting game continues.

I'm a worrier so just checking but if you bring your phone can you check it in? Is that certain?

I need my phone for arrangements for after but want to check...

I'm a worrier so just checking but if you bring your phone can you check it in? Is that certain?

I need my phone for arrangements for after but want to check...

Yes they will provide a clear plastic sealed bag that is assigned with your number and they will hand you it back at the end. Don't worry it's very well planned out.

E18 wrote: »
    Yes they will provide a clear plastic sealed bag that is assigned with your number and they will hand you it back at the end. Don't worry it's very well planned out.

Thank you. :)

• Advertisement

You're welcome.
    Best of luck.

Feeling rubbish after today. Was anyone else on here there?
    I think I should have organised my written work better. Now a long wait... but know you guys have had it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G18

Don’t worry. I felt the same leaving last week. You can bet if your feeling rubbish, 90% will be feeling the same. Although, the wait is the worst, I agree.
    I think I should have organised my written work better. Now a long wait... but know you guys have had it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

I certainly felt the same way and feel I didn’t perform well during the role plays or written work.It is hard to judge though and we could be wrong and actually done well enough at it. From previous campaigns people felt they done very poor and ended up doing well.
    By May 10th we will know our faith......let’s hope it’s good news.

Yeah I felt like jumping in front of the train when I left mine lol

Looks like we are all feeling the same way!

Thanks for encouragement. You guys are fab!

Anyone else looking at the previous campaigns thread for timeframes etc.. theirs seems a lot more active than ours.. is there another place people are discussing 1810 or are we just a quieter group in general?
    Anyone else finding it Funny how you don't feel you have done well at all but yet are impatient for the results.. i should be putting it out of my mind yet I'm counting down the days .

Anyone else looking at the previous campaigns thread for timeframes etc.. theirs seems a lot more active than ours.. is there another place people are discussing 1810 or are we just a quieter group in general?
    Anyone else finding it Funny how you don't feel you have done well at all but yet are impatient for the results.. i should be putting it out of my mind yet I'm counting down the days .

The time frame seems normal to me compared to 1509. Once this stage passes it’ll go quite quickly, if you’re successful at the AC. As for the AC itself, I also felt weird afterwards. It looks like it’s been designed that way though. In 1509 there was a definite “story” to follow and even solve but I didn’t feel anything like that in 1810.

As soon as I’d completed this AC I was counting down the days for results but I’ve been able to put it out of my mind recently, I’ve been waiting since start of January :(

• Advertisement

I agree. Out of interest I viewed last year's thread and whilst there seems to be arguments and other debacles in the thread it seems more chatty.

Also noticed that towards the end of March there were a few fast tracked so maybe it'll happen to a lucky few this year.

I agree. Out of interest I viewed last year's thread and whilst there seems to be arguments and other debacles in the thread it seems more chatty.

Also noticed that towards the end of March there were a few fast tracked so maybe it'll happen to a lucky few this year.

I think someone had said previously there wouldn’t be a fast track this time round

I think someone had said previously there wouldn’t be a fast track this time round

Who said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Who said that?

This from an FOI submitted a while ago. Note "at present" so I'd say unless otherwise advised that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Peelers

There is about 500 people to process from the1710 lot still. Hopefully they exhaust that list first and then exhaust the 1810 list

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

Has anyone on here rescheduled their AC and still waiting to do it?

• Advertisement

Again. Not that I expect to even get a pca date as the more I think about my performance the more I'm cringing... but... has anyone not actually started any training yet? Or for those who have what does your typical week look like?

Again. Not that I expect to even get a pca date as the more I think about my performance the more I'm cringing... but... has anyone not actually started any training yet? Or for those who have what does your typical week look like?

Have been steadily increasing my stamina. Try a bit of hill running etc. The pca has a basic fitness level, if you cant do that then it’s definitely something you need to focus on!

I do running and swimming. I think circuits would be great to build up to pca level.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Evening everyone, time for my usual check up now that I have a little time lol

How is everyone getting on over here? Any of the long-timers still on here and kicking?

Haven’t had much chance to get on here the past while, have to say it is a very intensive and difficult course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pips01

Hi guys, I’m new to this forum and this is my first post so please go easy on me lol

Can I ask, I done the assessment centre recently and I feel I performed quite well however when it got to the IST resit I feel I let myself down big time! Is this a re test one time only thing? Or if there is a big difference in marks compared to your first IST do you get to come back and do it again in full for validation purposes?

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement